What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

RHCP

Bench
No Brett Stewart is a hit for the Sea Eagles, but they should still be much too strong for us.

Suppose we dp manage to win 6/8 (assuming 28 is the cutoff). We'd need two out of three of the Tigers, Cowboys and Warriors to end up on 28 points so that the door was open for us to sneak in on +/-, which would mean the Cowboys losing 5 of their next eight and the Tigers and Warriors losing only winning four from eight.

And even then, we're a step behind the rest of the tail enders. Canberra belted the Storm in Melbourne, no mean feat despite no Smith and Slater imo, and they've got us, the Tits and the Roosters at Canberra and an away trip to Penrith. Those are four very winnable games, as well as two more home games against Canterbury and the Broncos. Tough match ups, but Canberra Stadium is a very tough away trip. Away trips to NZ and Cronulla but honestly, they're in much better shape than we are.

St. George have a pretty tough run home - 6/8 teams are above them on the ladder, but every match is in Sydney or Wollongong.

The Titans are in a better position than us. Just my personal opinion, but I reckon they have the firepower to upset a few sides in this run home if they get their full strength team on the park. They've got the Roosters (a), Penrith (a) and Parramatta (h) as their most likely games, five home games all up. Tough away trip to Melbourne. I think they might come within a sniff - maybe 4-5 wins.

Roosters don't have a super hard run home, only one game outside Sydney, but I don't think they'll challenge the eight.

So long story short: unless we go eight straight, we aren't a chance. As much as it hurts me to say it, I think Canberra are the best chance of a bad bunch at making the eight.

Just for fun, me and some wild guesses came up with a ladder that looks like this:

Storm - 40
Dogs - 36
Sharks - 36
Sea Eagles - 34

Tigers - 32
Broncos - 30
Rabbitohs - 30
Raiders - 30

Warriors - 28
Cowboys - 28
Titans - 26
Dragons - 26
Knights - 24
Eels - 16
Penrith - 16
Roosters - 16

Jobdog

Live Update Team
They didn't give up yesterday otherwise they'd have had 50+ put on them.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Maybe we can just play our own little finals series from now until the end of the season. We play all the current top eight bar Canberra from here til Round 26.

ryana87

Juniors
So.....after this weekend is just about over:

1 - Storm - 28
2 - dogs - 28
3 - broncs - 26
4 - sharks - 25
5 - cowboys - 24
6 - rabbits - 24
7 - eagles - 24
8 - tigers - 22
9 - warriors - 20
10 - dragons - 20
11 - titans - 18
12 - knights - 18
13 - raiders - 18
14 - roosters - 17
15 - panthers - 12
16 - eels - 10

Knights
Warriors +2
Raiders +2
Dogs 0
Sharks +2
Manly 0
Cows +2
Rabbits +2
+10pts

Tigers
Cows- H 0
Rabbits- A 0
Eels- H +2
Drags- H +2
Dogs- A 0
Roosters- A +2
Storm- H 0
+6pts

Souffs
roosters - +2
Dragons – H +2
Wests- H +2
Tits - A +2
Manly- H 0
Sharks- A 0
Eels- H +2
Us – A 0
+10

Manly
Dogs- H 0
Warriors- H +2
Cows- A 0
Rabbits- A +2
Us- H 0
Broncs- H +2
tits- A +2
+8pts

NQ
Tigers – H +2
Dogs- A 0
Manly- H 0
Warriors- H 0
Dragons- A +2
Us- H 0
Sharks- A +2
+6pts

Warriors
Us 0
Eagles 0
Sharks +2
Cows +2
Panthers +2
Drags +2
Raiders +2
+10

Drags
Rabbits 0
Storm 0
Roosters +2
Wests 0
Cows 0
Warriors 0
Eels +2
+4pts

Canberra
Sharks +2
Us 0
Broncs 0
Panthers +2
Roosters +2
Dogs 0
Warriors 0
+6pts

GC
Broncs 0
Roosters +2
Rabbits 0
Storm 0
Eels +2
Panthers +2
Manly 0
+6pts

5 - rabbits - 34
6 - eagles - 32
7 - cowboys - 30
8 - warriors - 30
9 - knights - 28
10 - tigers - 28
11 - dragons - 24
12 - titans - 24
13 - raiders - 24

Hope my maths is right this time

we need to improve our +/- and we need warriors/tigers/cowboys to loose a fair few games

THERES STILL A CHANCE!!!

Rolla

Juniors
We need to win 5/7 to have a chance (prob 6 realistically, but 5 wins will help for and against).

We have a very hard run home. No Penrith or Parra Importantly.

Dragons won today but they don't look very good. We should have them covered. No Soward (he out for long?) and Fien and Stanley now injured (both replacements). Moreover sharks might not win many more this season without a big form turnaround.

Tigers aren't travelling well either (barely beat penrith, belted by us etc etc). But they probably have enough of a start.

Warriors are an enigma, definitely a top 8 side so it is more up to them if they are going to make it or not.

Eagles weren't good against us, but the Stewart boys returning could change things there.

Souths will make the 8 unfortunately and likely the top 4.

Hard to see the Raiders or Roosters mounting a charge.

I think 8th spot will be a battle between the Warriors, us, and the Tigers with us being the least likely to get there. But these are possibly the three most inconsistent teams in the comp so it could get interesting.

Rolla

Juniors
I will add that we can not lose either of the next two matches. If Warriors beat us we won't catch them. And raiders we should deal with easily (our only match we should be favourites for) but it is in canberra.... not a happy hunting ground.

Fire

First Grade
Nice win last night boys. Good stuff! I'd wish you guys more success in the future but I didn't know you are only two points behind the Dragons now. Seriously though, good stuff last night.

ryana87

Juniors
1 - dogs - 30
2 - storm - 28
3 - rabbits - 28
4 - broncs - 26
5 - sharks - 25
6 - cows - 24
7 - eagles - 24
8 - tigers - 22
9 - warriors - 20
10 - titas - 20
11 - knights - 20
12 - raiders - 20
13 - dragons - 20
14 - roosters - 17
15 - panthers - 14
16 - eels - 12

Knights
Raiders +2
Dogs 0
Sharks +2
Manly 0
Cows +2
Rabbits +2
+8pts

Tigers
Cows- H 0
Rabbits- A 0
Eels- H +2
Drags- H +2
Dogs- A 0
Roosters- A +2
Storm- H 0
+6pts

Manly
Warriors- H +2
Cows- A 0
Rabbits- A +2
Us- H 0
Broncs- H +2
tits- A +2
+8pts

NQ
Tigers – H +2
Dogs- A 0
Manly- H 0
Warriors- H 0
Dragons- A +2
Us- H 0
Sharks- A +2
+6pts

Warriors
Eagles 0
Sharks +2
Cows +2
Panthers +2
Drags +2
Raiders +2
+10

Drags
Storm 0
Roosters +2
Wests 0
Cows 0
Warriors 0
Eels +2
+4pts

Canberra
Us 0
Broncs 0
Panthers +2
Roosters +2
Dogs 0
Warriors 0
+4pts

GC
Roosters +2
Rabbits 0
Storm 0
Eels +2
Panthers +2
Manly 0
+6pts

6 - eagles - 32
7 - cows - 30
8 - warriors - 30
9 - tigers - 28
10 - knights - 28
11 - titans - 26
12 - raiders - 24
13 - dragons - 24
14 - roosters - 17
15 - panthers - 14
16 - eels - 12

not looking promising....:(

just need tigers/warriors/cows to loose a few more than expected

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If we just worry about what we can control the rest will look after itself.

Apey

Staff member
Still don't think we can make it. I think we will win more games than I originally had expected but will fall short.

More than happy to be proven wrong. :crazy:

RABK

Referee
Correct me if im wrong but we could be 8th as soon as next Sunday. A few match ups where teams we are fighting with face each other so i think if Tigers lose tomorrow and next week, Warriors lose next week and we beat Canberra... depending on F/A outcomes we could be 8th on Sunday night.

Bottom line is, as JD said, we control our own games and other things might just fall into place.

Tough run in.
I'd say the warriors are too inconsistent.
The dragons don't score enough points.

So it's down to you guys, the raiders and the Tigers for that last spot.

Titans maybe if everything falls their way.

That said the sharks may free fall out of the 8 and not win another match. So could be 2 spots

If we beat Canberra then we will certainly be in the top 8 mix as more than merely nuisance value. We are going to have a big say in the make up of the 8 if nothing else given we play a number of sides currently residing there.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Correct me if im wrong but we could be 8th as soon as next Sunday. A few match ups where teams we are fighting with face each other so i think if Tigers lose tomorrow and next week, Warriors lose next week and we beat Canberra... depending on F/A outcomes we could be 8th on Sunday night.

Bottom line is, as JD said, we control our own games and other things might just fall into place.
Yeah you're on the money RE: us and 8th spot, but there's still a lot of ifs and buts and maybes for that to happen.

Simplest way of looking at it, Tigers lose to Cowboys and Rabbitohs, Warriors lose to Sea Eagles and we beat the Raiders by 13 points more than the Titans beat the Roosters by and we're laughing.

Confused yet? :lol:

As I said before, we just need to keep winning.

Latest posts