What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
So what you're saying is that a couple of days before the match, Manly decided that they'll probably get beaten by a team well below them on the ladder, so they decided to use illness as a future excuse? Pull the other one :roll:
If you try hard enough, no matter what it is, you can find an excuse for anything...

What you're trying to tell me is that the reason we won wasn't because we deserved to, but rather because Manly had a few players who were sick. Please. :roll:

Doesn't wash. Sorry.

Johns Magic

Referee
Jobdog, the Manly team were sick as dogs before the game and there's a pretty good chance it inhibited their performance. I don't know why you find that so hard to accept.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Jobdog, the Manly team were sick as dogs before the game and there's a pretty good chance it inhibited their performance. I don't know why you find that so hard to accept.
Mainly because:

a) I'm a *little* biased :p

b) I still maintain it was the best we played all year

and c) I don't think we're getting the credit we deserve in recent times.

The Tigers game was because their players were still getting over Robbie Farah's mum's death. The Manly game was because they had the flu, the Warriors game was because they lost it - we didn't win it. The Dogs' game earlier in the year was because they weren't as good as they are now (which they probably weren't, but we were also pretty good that day). Just seems every win we've had this year has been because the other team was crap, we weren't good...

Johns Magic

Referee
Mainly because:

a) I'm a *little* biased :p

b) I still maintain it was the best we played all year

and c) I don't think we're getting the credit we deserve in recent times.

The Tigers game was because their players were still getting over Robbie Farah's mum's death. The Manly game was because they had the flu, the Warriors game was because they lost it - we didn't win it. The Dogs' game earlier in the year was because they weren't as good as they are now (which they probably weren't, but we were also pretty good that day). Just seems every win we've had this year has been because the other team was crap, we weren't good...

I don't think anyone's trying to tear us down. We have massively improved. But we can't deny the facts about the games.

We were bad in big patches of the Warriors and Tigers games. We have to acknowledge that. Top 4 teams wouldn't have been down like we were. As for the Manly game...a great performance by us, but perhaps Manly weren't at their best. Acknowledging that doesn't make you a bad fan.

Rod

Bench
Manly weren't at their best, but they had multiple tackles in our 20m zone and we held them out. Despite having a few out they still had multiple attacking threats in their side.

As with most 32-6 wins, the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. They were average or below average, we were very good.

Due to the uniqueness of the Warriors they are a different kettle of fish. They played fantastic for 20 minutes and then shut up shop, which they have done multiple times this season. They are very mentally weak IMO. On the other hand we showed great mental fortitude to turn the game around and slowly work our way back in, one of the main things that we accused the team of not having in the first half of the year.

Despite their great start the Warriors didn't even look like scoring in the last 60. We defended that period like we defended the entire Manly game. In fact the score would have been even more in our favour if we didn't butcher a couple of try-scoring oppurtunities.

hugzy

Juniors
Our season ended when we.lost against the dargon bargains TWICE... oh god putting 50 on storm -29.5 if possible

Robbie'o'Davis

Juniors
Confident on making the 8
Must win game against the raiders
as for the next few weeks, dogs and sharks both teams we beat earlier.. fingers crossed well sneak in.

Raiders are hopeless
Warriors need to learn how to play 80m of footy

Rolla

Juniors
Sharks arer hopeless at the moment. If they don't have a huge turn around in form it will be a chance to rack up for and against before taking their spot in the 8

I don't think anyone's trying to tear us down. We have massively improved. But we can't deny the facts about the games.

We were bad in big patches of the Warriors and Tigers games. We have to acknowledge that. Top 4 teams wouldn't have been down like we were. As for the Manly game...a great performance by us, but perhaps Manly weren't at their best. Acknowledging that doesn't make you a bad fan.

Those are fair points. I hope next year we are being spoken about as being a really hard team to get over. A physical no nonsense reputation.

RedVDave

First Grade
I find it rather odd you guys are playing your best footy this time of year as Wayne Bennett coached teams usually struggle deluxe after the origin period.

Jono078

Referee
I find it rather odd you guys are playing your best footy this time of year as Wayne Bennett coached teams usually struggle deluxe after the origin period.
Well we only had 2 origin players, both wingers lol.

I did my NRL.com ladder predictor thing again. I had us coming 9th and missing out on F/A.

If we win our next 2 and see what some of the other results are, we can be secured in the 8.

We really only can afford to drop 1 game. If we drop 2 we better hope we fix our F/A deluxe.

Silent Knight

First Grade

That's because Bennett teams are usually plundered during Origin period, as evidenced at the Broncos and Dragons.

We had 2 origin reps, both of them outside backs and one of them was dropped after game 2. If anything Boyd and Uate came out of Origin month stronger for the experience.

I hope the Origin selectors keep on ignoring Knights players for representation. I'd rather see a 3rd Knights premiership than a Blues origin series win.

Johns Magic

Referee
If we somehow manage to beat the Dogs this week I'll probably start getting my hopes up. Even then it would be a hard task.

To think of all the gimme games we dropped a couple of months ago...

Still, if we finish the year strong and miss the 8, it will still have been a successful year. Some pain along the way but the main objective of this year was to come together under Bennett and it's starting to look like we're achieving that. These last five games will really solidify it in the players' minds.

Latest posts