What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

BranVan3000

Coach
I think you guys will make it, your team has won 4 from the last 5 except against the Bunnies who I just don't think your team was a good match for in play style. Interestingly I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to the rd 26 clash again between our two teams, except situations reversed. Probably the hardest run home though if you make it through the next two, you'll shake up things

Will you have Gidley back for finals?

Jono078

Referee
I did the ladder predictor thing on NRL.com

I had us getting 30 points and still missing out on the 8.

Hopefully things pan out differently, but looks like we can only give up 1 game if we want to be any real hope of playing finals.

Hanscholo

Bench
If we make the 8, i reckon we will win the comp...such is our draw. Its highly unlikely, but hey...they are doing it so far. I am prepared to sit back and enjoy it.

RHCP

Bench
Anything can happen. The Raiders have proved to be very inconsistnet, they conceded 40, won by 4, scored 40, conceded 38, scored 36. Hopefully we get them on an off day and can boost up our +/-.

I've given us a flicker of hope now, but it's only a flicker. I don't think we can afford to lose any more games.

Rolla

Juniors
Costly loss for the Tigers tonight. Lost Sironen, Moltzen and Lawrence to injury in the process.

Yosh

Coach
Don't know how people are writing us off. If we're a mathematical chance we'll be there. We're red hot and giving this comp a HUGE rumble. We never beat the warriors in NZ and the fashion we did it, we're gonna bring home the premiership.

You heard it here first.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I have serious doubts that we'll make the 8. I'd love to be proven wrong though. The team will have to go close to winning all their remaining games and I just don't think we are playing well enough to do so. When we beat Manly, I don't think enough talk on here was directed at just how poorly Manly played that night. The knights played reasonably well, but it definitely wasn't one of our best team performances. We did well completing our sets against a team that played poorly and that helped us get over the line. Our wins over the Tigers and Warriors were unique games as we were down 18-0 in both of them. It may be said that both teams put the cue in the rack too early and it helped us make a come back.

The knights form has definitely inproved over the last month or so, but I'm not convinced it's reached a level which will allow us to win the majority of our remaining games.

Damn I hope I'm proven wrong!!

Disagree on Manly. We were very physical and committed and were always going to win it. The Warriors got all the ball early and Mateo was on fire in attack but when we got the edges going we were all over them. We are learning to play 80 minutes which can sometimes mean weathering the storm early as was the case in Auckland. Difference was that when we settled into our routine we shut them out. They had no answers to us once we got the ball.
When our mistake levels are low we are usually right in it. Also the Warriors game was the first time this season that we have trailed at half time and gone on to win. We are undefeated leading at half time this year. Fox commentators said the irony of our club is we are probably the best second half side in the NRL, but we give too much start to reel in cos our attack up till now has been crap. We have turned the corner in that regard.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Does the home ground advantage rule apply to the bottom half of the finals in week 1 or is it neutral venues?
My understanding was W1 - home venues (except if it's places like Leichhardt and Brooky), W2 - home city, W3 - home state. Could be wrong though.

And just on the whole "the Knights haven't played well in any of their recent wins" theory. Complete bullshit. We trailed the Tigers 14-0 and were going like busteds and then all of a sudden something clicked. The Parra game was probably the ugliest win of the lot, but we still played reasonably well and we blew Manly off the park - they didn't even look like beating us.

Which brings me to the Warriors game last week; we trailed 18-0 remember? Any time any team trails by 18 points and then outscores their opponents 24-1 must be doing something right...

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Disagree on Manly. We were very physical and committed and were always going to win it. The Warriors got all the ball early and Mateo was on fire in attack but when we got the edges going we were all over them. We are learning to play 80 minutes which can sometimes mean weathering the storm early as was the case in Auckland. Difference was that when we settled into our routine we shut them out. They had no answers to us once we got the ball.
When our mistake levels are low we are usually right in it. Also the Warriors game was the first time this season that we have trailed at half time and gone on to win. We are undefeated leading at half time this year. Fox commentators said the irony of our club is we are probably the best second half side in the NRL, but we give too much start to reel in cos our attack up till now has been crap. We have turned the corner in that regard.

We were committed. My point is that Manly wasn't.

Manly played as well as the time we gave them on the ball. Not much. Yes they were below par in some regards, but we kept T Rex very quiet. The whole flu thing was just a big Manly sook.
We have beaten the 2011 Grand Finalists and the early prem faves, the tigs, quite convincingly over the last month. If that is our opposition playing poorly as opposed to us being dominant then i have missed something. Souths are second title faves and played like it against us. We played ok and had a couple of decisions gone our way who knows how close we would have gotten to them.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Manly played as well as the time we gave them on the ball. Not much. Yes they were below par in some regards, but we kept T Rex very quiet. The whole flu thing was just a big Manly sook.
We have beaten the 2011 Grand Finalists and the early prem faves, the tigs, quite convincingly over the last month. If that is our opposition playing poorly as opposed to us being dominant then i have missed something. Souths are second title faves and played like it against us. We played ok and had a couple of decisions gone our way who knows how close we would have gotten to them.

The flu thing was Manly having a sook? I heard before the game that a number of the players had come down with illness, so I don't know how you can discredit it. It wouldn't surprise me if the manly coach and players after the game, admitted that they played with the lowest intensity that they had all year.

RHCP

Bench
You can only play what's in front of you.

A flu doesn't create a 24 point difference. We were the much better side on the day and that's all that matters.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The flu thing just sounded like an excuse to me ...
So what you're saying is that a couple of days before the match, Manly decided that they'll probably get beaten by a team well below them on the ladder, so they decided to use illness as a future excuse? Pull the other one :roll:

Latest posts