What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Right, Titans lost to the Rabbits, Warriors lost to the Sharks, Dragons lost to the Roosters.

Basically we're still 9th and haven't lost any ground on the rest of the teams fighting it out for 8th.

Tigers lose to Parra tomorrow night (quite possible) we'll start R23 how we started R22. No ground lost.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
There was two points difference between us and the Titans at the start of the round. That's drifted out to 14 now, but that's certainly not an insurmountable margin to cover.

Big Tim

First Grade
There was two points difference between us and the Titans at the start of the round. That's drifted out to 14 now, but that's certainly not an insurmountable margin to cover.

And because of a poor penalty, we have to cover 2 more points than we should.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You're talking about the last penalty of the match yeah? Must say that was something which I couldn't understand at the time and still can't now.

Big Tim

First Grade
You're talking about the last penalty of the match yeah? Must say that was something which I couldn't understand at the time and still can't now.

Yep.

I know the ref didnt call held, but the players arent stupid. They know the rules.

Reynolds tried to steal it, then he wrapped both arm around his torso, the ref yelled "play-on" and Rochow played the ball.

The ref could have been yelling "play it" for all a guy who has been held in a tackle knows.

Terrible decision, but helped the refs give the Dogs a penalty to make the totals look less out of whack.

Parra look like being Tigers equal tonite. Massive favour for us if parra succeed in winning. If Souths hadn't racked the cue we may have ended up 8th. The psychological boost 8th would have given us would be massive in the scheme of how our season has gone. Little things like needing F and A to get into 8th as opposed to earning it and keeping the spot are what seperates belief and mere wishful thinking in a finals series.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gagai has some of the best lateral footwork i've ever seen - he could have been a pro tennis player and earnt a shitload more than he ever will playing league.

sorry for interrupting but on what basis do you make this claim? Was he some junior tennis prodigy? I mean do you even know if he can swing a racket? As for lateral footwork, you need to broaden your sporting horizons if Gagai, or any league player for that matter has some of the best lateral footwork you've ever seen. There are 350 pound NFL linemen with better footwork than him.

What a ridiculous comment to make.

RABK

Referee
sorry for interrupting but on what basis do you make this claim? Was he some junior tennis prodigy? I mean do you even know if he can swing a racket? As for lateral footwork, you need to broaden your sporting horizons if Gagai, or any league player for that matter has some of the best lateral footwork you've ever seen. There are 350 pound NFL linemen with better footwork than him.

What a ridiculous comment to make.

hyperbole RE tennis. Only suggesting his natural ability might have taken him far if he had picked up a racket at a young age. Not that you, even after your 1 millionth post, will ever understand what hyperbole is.

Broaden my sporting horizons to NFL? Not likely - what a boring, garbage sport.

I'm a massive tennis fan. The likes of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic leave the 350 pound roided up gorillas of the NFL for dead in every single aspect of lateral movement. Guys like you display small dick syndrome in worshipping NFL players as some sort of Gods amongst athletes. Nadal has covered near 10km on a 10m line in a 5 hour match before, your NFL players would be icing themselves after 60 minutes on a tennis court trying to return Djokovics 90mph shots.

Watching Gagai train i can confidently say he has excellent lateral co-ordination and movement comparable to a pro tennis player and wouldn't be suprised if over short periods of time without the need to keep a ball in play or hit winners he could cover a baseline as well laterally as some pro tennis players. As a league player he has some of the best footwork i've ever seen.

No doubt you'll respond with some jibberish as you always do.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Yeah I was hopeful mid thru 1st half when the Eels were scoring at will, but the Tigers came back and smashed em.

Just looked at a few teams run home, and think 7th and 8th spot may be up for grabs, Broncos having Storm, Dogs, Manly and Panthers might struggle to make it depending on other results.

Just hoping we can win at least 3 of our last 4.

Raider_69

Post Whore
No doubt you'll respond with some jibberish as you always do.

There is a rather large gulf between hyperbole and stupidity
that post well and truly breached that gulf between the two. But no jibberish that can even compete with the claim you made regarding Gagai and Tennis. Even more so when considering you have him as a top tier Tennis player before even knowing if he can hit a ball back into the court. Im a tennis fan too and every single top 50 player leaves Gagai for dead. Hell "commmmmon" Hewy has better footwork than any RL player and he's ranked about 2000000 (see, thats hyerbole)

Forgetting lineman and i could name 50 NFL players with better lateral footwork than Gagai and then if i wanted to, name another 50, google most starting running backs in the NFL and you will see footwork that leaves RL players for dead, gagai isnt even in the same realm as the top NRL players, let alone the best in the world, as an example Jennings, Hodges, Inglis, Josh Morris, Ben Barba, Kristen Inu, Kevin Locke, Billy Slater, Akuila Uate Matt Bowen, or accounting for other sports

get his c**k our your mouth and try talking some sense, if you are as intelligent about sport as you think you are (no chance), you know what a rubbish statement that is.

he's a very talented RL player, and has the ability to represent his state and country. Why cant you be happy with that? why must you pump him up as if he's a freak athlete capable of things very few are?

Answer: Because your a wanker

Spot On

Coach
Jesus, please come back Skeepe!

I'd rather read about the refs ripping Canberra off each week.

Couldn't give shit about a tennis ball.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah I was hopeful mid thru 1st half when the Eels were scoring at will, but the Tigers came back and smashed em.

Just looked at a few teams run home, and think 7th and 8th spot may be up for grabs, Broncos having Storm, Dogs, Manly and Panthers might struggle to make it depending on other results.

Just hoping we can win at least 3 of our last 4.
Was thinking the same thing. The Broncos are in a severe hole atm and if we somehow manage to win three of our final four, we'll give ourselves a chance.

RABK

Referee
that post well and truly breached that gulf between the two. But no jibberish that can even compete with the claim you made regarding Gagai and Tennis. Even more so when considering you have him as a top tier Tennis player before even knowing if he can hit a ball back into the court. Im a tennis fan too and every single top 50 player leaves Gagai for dead. Hell "commmmmon" Hewy has better footwork than any RL player and he's ranked about 2000000 (see, thats hyerbole)

Forgetting lineman and i could name 50 NFL players with better lateral footwork than Gagai and then if i wanted to, name another 50, google most starting running backs in the NFL and you will see footwork that leaves RL players for dead, gagai isnt even in the same realm as the top NRL players, let alone the best in the world, as an example Jennings, Hodges, Inglis, Josh Morris, Ben Barba, Kristen Inu, Kevin Locke, Billy Slater, Akuila Uate Matt Bowen, or accounting for other sports

get his c**k our your mouth and try talking some sense, if you are as intelligent about sport as you think you are (no chance), you know what a rubbish statement that is.

he's a very talented RL player, and has the ability to represent his state and country. Why cant you be happy with that? why must you pump him up as if he's a freak athlete capable of things very few are?

I think you need to go read my original post that has you wound up again. You are just a bitch on his rags clutching at a straw argument. You deadset must drink tampon tea served up by your missus to be as so pathetic and pedantic to try and serve me based on a line of hyperbole on Gagai.

Your whole post tells me you either didn't read, don't understand or refuse to understand any of what i said.

My god you must have a very small penis. If you think i'm a wanker i'm doing alright.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach

Edwards! Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!Edwards!

:D:D:D:D:

perverse

Referee
lol @ Raiders fans invading our threads. their win this week still couldn't heal their wounds from the week previous i see.

bombing into another teams forum thread to debate the semantics of a throwaway line. haha, f**k me.

3qdeyd.jpg

Latest posts