What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the 8?

RABK

Referee
omg perverse, the use of that meme is so perfect in this situation. i'm in stitches hahahaha

RHCP

Bench
3qdeyd.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

Jono078

Referee
Spoilers regarding tonight's games...

Titans result = fairly good for us, we need the win on Monday though for it to mean much.

Manly looked to have gained some form, scary thought for next week.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I just read in the telegraph that the Titans have some injury issues that can only help the knights chances of making the 8. Luke Bailey is out for the season and it's believed that Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison will be joining him.

After the game against the bulldogs, I am more confident that the knights will make the 8. Even though the knights got beaten, that was close to if not the best I have seen them play this year. I don't think enough is being made of just how terrific Canterbury played that night.

Apey

Staff member
Pleased to see Sharks, Manly & Cowboys are all hitting their strides at the right time :lol: :sarcasm:

Jono078

Referee
Tigers are basically in control of the top 8.

At the same time it's very possible that the Broncos will be the team that drops out if they don't win again.

Nuffy

Bench
Put it this way, if we lose on Monday night then it's all over, we just need to win every game and see what happens.

Spot On

Coach
We have to win 3 out of the last four. I'd say both the Tigers and Broncs will finish on 28 points. It will come down to points differential if we get three more wins.

We are zero chance now. If we make the 8 I will donate my testicles to science and ask to have the procedure done without anaesthetic.

Rolla

Juniors
Broncos have Dogs, Storm, Manly (brooky), Panthers. They are playing terribly, they will likely win one more.

Tigers have Dogs, Storm, Rooster. They are wavering between Terrible and OK, they will likely win one more.

This would mean that 3 wins makes it all about for and against, 4 wins puts us in the 8.

Throw in that the Sharks have us, Rabbits, Cowboys, Storm. They might not win another game and could well finish lower than all three of us, they will finish on 27 and we won't need to worry about for and against if we only win three.

Not saying we can do that of course, we have three tough fixtures in there. There is still plenty to play for though.

We aren't favourites, but we are much better than those other sides at the moment. Some people seem in a hurry to lose their testicles over this one.... i might hold off for a week or two

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We are zero chance now. If we make the 8 I will donate my testicles to science and ask to have the procedure done without anaesthetic.
Very tempted to sig quote this :p

I still think we're as much of a chance now as we were at the start of the weekend. Sure, the Tigers winning didn't help but tomorrow night was always a game we needed to win regardless of how everyone else went.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Very tempted to sig quote this :p

I still think we're as much of a chance now as we were at the start of the weekend. Sure, the Tigers winning didn't help but tomorrow night was always a game we needed to win regardless of how everyone else went.

You can't do that champ. We can't have any attention from your current sigs taken away.

Zoidberg

First Grade
After the Broncos races away to lead 14-0 after 20, lucky for us the doggies came back to beat em.

I shouldn't even bother looking at the ladder and who we want to beat whom. Let's just hope we get up and win as many as possible ie. 4/4

Out of our hands now. I am just as happy for us to put in each week and push every one of our last four opponents to the brink. As I said before this is a godsend this cos we hit the ground running in 2013. A lot of belief will come from the next month if we play to our potential.

Rolla

Juniors
Out of our hands now. I am just as happy for us to put in each week and push every one of our last four opponents to the brink. As I said before this is a godsend this cos we hit the ground running in 2013. A lot of belief will come from the next month if we play to our potential.

I don't think it is out of our hands at all.

4/4 and we make it comfortably.
3/4 and we are likely to make it.
2/4 and we miss out (unless there is a miracle)

Big Tim

First Grade
I don't think it is out of our hands at all.

4/4 and we make it comfortably.
3/4 and we are likely to make it.
2/4 and we miss out (unless there is a miracle)

Agreed.

3/4 should see us in. No easy task though, and no games where we can takes points off our direct opponents for the top 8.

We have to win at least three and hope Tigers and Broncos keep losing. That is not something u can control if u r chasing a spot. Sure u own your results but it isn't always enough. If we were eighth then we could argue it is in our hand cos then only thing to bring u undone is for and against.

Latest posts