What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we make the top 4?

eels_fan

First Grade
In the current climate, is there an advantage if all team stay in the bubble? Apart from the week off?
Providing the situation doesn't change in South East QLD in the next 48 hours, this time Wednesday the bubble conditions for the players will cease and they'll be able to do as they please on the Gold Coast/Brisbane.

Avenger

Immortal
If we beat the Roosters this week we will maintain our place in the top 4 if we don’t we will eventually slip out and Manly will grab it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How would we be favs in any game going forward without Moses???

2.55 is a steal for the Poosters.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Farkin Judas Pau Pau 😁😁
I hope I lose my f**ken money, merkin. I've had a very good year on the punt. I think I put in $100 and currently have about $300 in my account. I also have about $200 on Parra to win the comp. If we make it to the grand final I'll put a grand on the opposition, maybe more depending on how much I lost in the earlier finals.

Anyway, I'll be pissed if we lose to the Chooks just like I was unhappy winning sixty bucks on Canberra on the weekend. If I could pay $100 for us to win every week I would. This is the next best thing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Didn't you say a couple of days ago that we are a better team than last year?
Definitely. It doesn't mean we're in the best four, just like we weren't in the four best teams last year. We were a top six team that snuck into the top four from luck and good coaching. Just like in 2017.

Avenger

Immortal
I have this bad feeling that injuries have come at a bad time. In hindsight it didn’t help us having Moses play in the third SOO. Gutherson is also playing busted and we seem to have plateaued.

This is where BA’s coaching credentials will be out to the test. If he maintains our position in the top 4 and makes it to the preliminary final we will have over achieved because I agree with Pou we are not the 4th best team in the comp. Manly at full strength can easily beat us and we are probably on par with an injury riddled Roosters team.

I hope I’m wrong though.

eels_fan

First Grade
Manly at full strength can easily beat us and we are probably on par with an injury riddled Roosters team.
Hard to disagree. I think with Moses we probably are just above the Roosters, without him we are below.
Souths also above Penrith now imo. I know they had Cleary and Api out, but that doesn’t make them miss 66 tackles. Any teams other than the Broncos or dogs would have put 30 points on them on Saturday night.

storm will win by at least 24 points on Saturday

strider

Post Whore
I have this bad feeling that injuries have come at a bad time. In hindsight it didn’t help us having Moses play in the third SOO. Gutherson is also playing busted and we seem to have plateaued.

This is where BA’s coaching credentials will be out to the test. If he maintains our position in the top 4 and makes it to the preliminary final we will have over achieved because I agree with Pou we are not the 4th best team in the comp. Manly at full strength can easily beat us and we are probably on par with an injury riddled Roosters team.

I hope I’m wrong though.
I recall a smart person saying they hope moses doesnt get picked for SOO cos if we lose he will get shit canned and its risking injury with nothing much to gain

But better now than in 3 or 4 weeks i guess

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly also have Canberra who are fighting for a top 8 spot who won't be easy.
Had Jonhston been fit id say Sharks give them a bit of a fight.

As it stands they have 3 tough games. Id favour them against us but only cause they beat us last time with Arthurs defending.
I still think we have a chance to beat them for sure.

Chipmunk

Coach
There's no home final benefit so why does it matter where we finish? If you finish 5th-8th and win in week one it's no different to if you finished top four and lost.
The Storm will get home Finals.

The Titans if they make the Top 8 will likely get a home Final by default. How the Dragons and Dogs were forced to play Home games at Cbus against the Titans is a mystery.