What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason's future

Where will Willie Mason play his first game of professional sport in 2010?

• Roosters

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Newtown (Roosters feeder)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • ESL

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other NRL club

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • Super 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • European Rugby Union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Japanese Rugby Union

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Lower tier rugby league / rugby union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • different code / sport

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Year off / retirement

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

Billybob

Juniors
Milats not a wingers asshole

Everyone knows he plays halfback

and yes I hope they take willie mason

look at his rap sheet and tell me you haven't done at least 3 of the things he's done

Public urination WTF??? I didn't have toilet till i was 15 !

Webb Kafusi Mason Scott & Manakafoa

The little forward pack that could (choo choo)

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Two fines for public urination, a nightclub stoush with Richard Williams, a verbal spray that had a female journalist reduced to tears, a fine for unprofessional behaviour in 2004 following a boozy night out and a positive drug test during his time at the Bulldogs have all tarnished his name.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/01/28/110705_sport.html

This is the first time I have read that he had failed a drug test. There have always been rumours of course but nobody had ever published them or have I missed something ?

At first I was against this as a cowboys fan and part of me thinks that Webb, Kaufusi and Manukafoa are already underachievers so why add one more but IF Mason gets back to his best would I want him in my team ? Absolutley I would. If he can help us win a comp I wouldn't cae if we had Saddam on one wing and Ivan Milat on the other.

first time i've ever seen it 'confirmed' re the drugs test. i tyhink you have to put the incidents in context, pissing on a wall aint that bad, argument with someone else pfft , the journalist thing i cant rememebr what he said but i think he was being a dickhead, if true he failed a drugs test then thats not good but he aint the only player to have had that happen....

i dont think saddam would get onto the field in his current state and i think milat may be missing a finger...

Generalzod

Immortal
What has Willy done to be shown so much love from the NRL clubs, I think his been treated appallingly...

butchmcdick

Immortal
Milats not a wingers asshole

Everyone knows he plays halfback

and yes I hope they take willie mason

look at his rap sheet and tell me you haven't done at least 3 of the things he's done

Webb Kafusi Mason Scott & Manakafoa

The little forward pack that could (choo choo)

I thought we might be able to play him out of position :lol:

Lambretta

First Grade

Proving the expression "it's grim oop North" applies to Australia as well as England.

With Willie, it seems to me it's not the stuff that becomes public such as pissing behind the Sheaf (done that myself) but rather the stuff that the club tries to hush up.

Rumours of player disharmony - bad influence on young lads - rumours (unfounded) of other habits best not repeated etc. Yeah it's all inuendo - but most people think where there's smoke there's fire and why risk it?

Wherever Wilie has gone he has polarised opinion. Some point to his good form on the field, others point to his disrupting influence off it.

What I do know about Willie is that he's only as effective as the prop running before him. Look at all the times he has had success and it's always been running wide against smaller guys off a quick play the ball made by a damaging prop. If the Cowboys have a devestating front rower, then Willie will be excellent for you. If you don't and you're expecting Willie to go up against other big men - then expect him to be on his back alot.

He gives his all on the park (when he's not nursing his knee) and I reckon the Roosters would have tried to hold him if there wasnt stuff they didnt want to disclose going on behind the scenes - but if you've got a good prop for him to play behind then he'll be a good aquisition if he can focus on playing football rather than playing silly buggers. BIG IF's with Willie though.

Billybob

Juniors
But remember

Anasta couldn't hold a candle to Milats playmaking ability and natural footballing skill

you could very well get away with playing Milat out of position on the wing

Like they say you can't coach speed you either have it or you don't

Goddo

Bench
Hows this form from Bec the b!tch Wilson. Its Rothfield heading back to the office after interviewing Mason...

I head back to the office to prepare this story when colleague Rebecca Wilson phones on the mobile.
"Why on earth are you supporting Willie Mason?" she asks. "He's not worth it. He doesn't deserve it. No-one wants him."
And that probably best sums up the mood and great divide among rugby league and sporting fans whenever the unwanted Rooster's name has been discussed in recent weeks.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-an-nrl-outcast/story-e6frexnr-1225824832846

Just goes to show how they operate... build people up and tear them down in the name of a story. How much of what we know of what goes on is controlled by these merkins. They manipulate the truth to make money. And some people are saying we should keep news corp in the game!

Last edited:

nrlnrl

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s-an-nrl-outcast/story-e6frexnr-1225824832846

Just goes to show how they operate... build people up and tear them down in the name of a story. How much of what we know of what goes on is controlled by these merkins. They manipulate the truth to make money. And some people are saying we should keep news corp in the game![/QUOTE]

shock, horror - I don't think News Corp journos are Robinson Crusoe in their approach. What about that gossip column that was rejected by all the women's mags & ended up in the sports section of the Sun Herald ?

hgfds

Juniors
Bec in her column states that willie snarled at her ,shows total disrespect and why he shouldn't be playing in the nrl

beave

Coach
looks like we are getting more serious about Willie

townsvillebulletin.com.au
UPDATE: THE Cowboys will offer Willie Mason a playing contract tomorrow after positive talks between the unwanted Rooster and coach Neil Henry last night.

The Cowboys board agreed to offer Mason a lifeline following an endorsement from the North Queensland mentor.

''We've decided to make Willie Mason an offer after extended due dilligence encouraged by the unanimous support of the players and the coaching staff,'' executive director Peter Parr said tonight.

FULL STORY IN BULLETIN SPORT TOMORROW

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Great news, if the guy is really serious about pulling his career together and just focussing on football, i cant see him knocking back the chance to escape the limelight up to NQ and do just that.
Going to the Knights is probably the worst thing for him at this point. The club is a haven for druggos, his family and mates are very close by which can only lead to him slipping easily into his old habbits and comfort zone.

beave

Coach
well there is one more player according to the media that is in the $hit for drugs at Newy (which is a damn shame). Might be enough media attention for that to make him want to avoid the Knights???

Alex28

Coach
Great news, if the guy is really serious about pulling his career together and just focussing on football, i cant see him knocking back the chance to escape the limelight up to NQ and do just that.
Going to the Knights is probably the worst thing for him at this point. The club is a haven for druggos, his family and mates are very close by which can only lead to him slipping easily into his old habbits and comfort zone.
LOL...that's rich. Maybe he can join up with Thurston and re-live some old Bulldog memories...

Being around his family will be exactly what he needs to get his sh*t together. He wont be out of the spotlight in Newcastle - he wont be able to get away with stuff there. NQ seems to be selling him a life out of the spotlight - just what the guy needs. Less spotlight so he can do more of whatever the hell he wants.

Today's Newcastle Herald re-assures me that his mother will keep him on the straight and narrow when he becomes a Knight! :lol:

Alex28

Coach
well there is one more player according to the media that is in the $hit for drugs at Newy (which is a damn shame). Might be enough media attention for that to make him want to avoid the Knights???

Bullsh*t. Prove it or delete it.

I could say that because Mitchell Sergeant was busted taking drugs whilst at the Cowboys that the whole club is taking the gear and will be a negative place for Willie to go to. Same baseless argument.

Last edited:
Bullsh*t. Prove it or delete it.

I could say that because Mitchell Sergeant was busted taking drugs whilst at the Cowboys that the whole club is taking the gear and will be a negative place for Willie to go to. Same baseless argument.

He said "according to the media"

Are you fick or somefin ?

Alex28

Coach
Oh...so because it is in "the media" it must be fact?

There is either some evidence that this is correct or not. I still haven't seen any...