What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilson

daslacker

Juniors
I said it last year that he was playing for a contract
and got blasted for it.
His form has been poor this year.Apart from that try
his game was below par.
Poor hands and leaving his winger stranded in defence.
I'd put covell at centre,plus we really could have used
his kicking

Eddie.

Bench
daslacker said:
I said it last year that he was playing for a contract
and got blasted for it.
His form has been poor this year.Apart from that try
his game was below par.
Poor hands and leaving his winger stranded in defence.
I'd put covell at centre,plus we really could have used
his kicking

your useless Wilson

Yeah he was talking last year about weighing up offer from other clubs before resigning, well the only offer he will recieve next time round is from the sanfrancisco trojans looking for a defensive lineman

Yeah..... hes been dissapointing

tigerdan

Juniors
agreed he let the team down, he should play for balmain next week and bring back covell in the no.3
everyone else played great

RifRaf

Juniors
I think you guys are being harsh (somewhat justified) his handiling errors were critical however had one not lead to the Roberts try I don't think you'd be so pissed. His form hasn't been that bad and I think is defence has been up to it.. I'm backing him for now I think his luck will turn. He is one of the few players we have that knows how to find the line without diving over it on a kick.. And we're short on them... However welcome back to form B G another that knows how to get it over the stripe....

Gobbso

Juniors
I've move Galea to 5/8th (until Benji returns) Fitzhenry to the centre's, Wilson to the South Pole or Bermuda, Graham to the Bench, Covell into the backrow. He'll get the job done, he's a solid lad, and boasts over an 80% boot, which is something that could have changed the shape of the game for Wests tonight. will take more pressure off Hodgo too who is also playing superb football.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I also think Wilson isnt playing as bad as he is made out to be. His defence has dropped from last season though. But I wouldnt be writing him off yet.

Gobbso

Juniors
Maybe slot him in the backrow, or off the bench...but he is just not explosive in attack. It's really starting to let us down in a way. He can't seem to run onto the ball, and lacks accleration, speed as well as sharp footwork. In my opinion, he's just not doing it in the centre position for Wests Tigers. He originally came to the club as a backrower, who could fill in it ant e/8th or Centre if need be. I think this point must be made clear and emphasised to Coach Sheens.

bonstonker

Juniors
i agree with you gobbs.
and i think fitzy is the best centre at the tigers and he should be there.
maybe if wilson was offloading more i could see the point,but it just seems all too predictable.

marshall at 5/8 when he returns and fitzy centre

Simon

Juniors
Wilson wasn't even that good a player last year. So he fell on a few kicks from Fitzhenry in the goal line, that didn't make him a good player. With Halatau not playing this week (correct me if he's injured), surely he's the better option, at least until Marshall comes back with either he or Fitzhenry playing centre.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The reason we never get any cohension in attack is because we chop and change the team every week.

Once everyone gets back from injury we need to pick a team and stick with it for more than one or two games.

mikey

Juniors
I love you finger-pointers - you'd pick on your own nose if you could line your finger up correctly.

Don't blame Wilson for the loss, he had a reasonable game - made some good tackles and backed up the Fitzhenry break.

simon says

First Grade
I must admit I have been dissapointed with Wilson lately.Made some crucial errors that cost us dearly last night.

Two tries ...one in attack,and one in defense cost us ten points.....

Luke.........where are you???????

jirskyr

Juniors
I don't think Elford is playing that much better. They both go pretty ok mostly, so a few here and theres aren't so bad. No player plays every game excellently.

daslacker

Juniors
mikey said:
I love you finger-pointers - you'd pick on your own nose if you could line your finger up correctly.

Don't blame Wilson for the loss, he had a reasonable game - made some good tackles and backed up the Fitzhenry break.

Watch the game again

Who was the player who made a huge gap by running in
giving the panthers a gimme try before half time under
the posts.
The poor hands in the dangerzone.
Also kept leaveing duffy stranded by running in then up.

It wasn't just this game mate .I don't blame him for the loss
but he didn't help our cause.

westie

Bench
I voiced my concerns over this issue to Simon last week and it's good to see that Simon's concerns over my insanity were rather unfounded.

I don't rate Wilson at all and never have. So f*cking what if he dived on a few balls? His defense is WAY below par. I liked seeing him put a hit on but his defense in the centers was discraceful. And I think he had a far better game this week than he did last week.

When Benji comes back I think Fitzy should finally get his spot in the centers.

simon says

First Grade
Im always concerned about your sanity.....or lack of.

Sadly I have to agrree with you,Wilson has been pretty ordinary fro quite a few weeks.He still has trhe knakc of pooping up ansd scoring tries,but his much vaunted defense has been soft.......letting in easy tries isnt Wislon's go,but that what has been happening this year........

Mayne the Halatau or Bronson?????I dunno,but Wilsn needs to get his shit together,fast.

holla4amarshall

Juniors
fitzy to centre galea to 5/8 senter to second row graham to the bench
payten and beutz to premiers unless skando plays for city then payten might come into the side

westie

Bench
simon says said:
Im always concerned about your sanity.....or lack of.

Sadly I have to agrree with you,Wilson has been pretty ordinary fro quite a few weeks.He still has trhe knakc of pooping up ansd scoring tries,but his much vaunted defense has been soft.......letting in easy tries isnt Wislon's go,but that what has been happening this year........

Mayne the Halatau or Bronson?????I dunno,but Wilsn needs to get his sh*t together,fast.

Note I said RATHER unfounded.

White Tiger

Juniors
i'm a Wilson fan but he has been very disappointing this year!

I mentioned in the Trial against parra that i thought he had lost alot of pace in the off season, he struggled to get to the line for that first try

Latest posts