What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing is flying to Japan

Brutus

Referee
good luck to him . another nrl player switch codes will always going to upset a few on here .

Oh dear Turd Pen sticks its head back in.

He's playing Japanese corporate ball you silly door bitch. So that means union won't be getting any value from him either.:lol:

Last edited:
I'm not so sad to see him leave. Good player. Yes. Commited? No.

No heart. Does not play for Souths so he can rest for S.O.O. duties???

Feels sorry he is plying the 3rd S.O.O. instead of Souths vs Penrith after the tiger match? Please Craig. Tell your sad stories over in the japanese press. Maybe they will understand your b.s. better.

hahahaha

geeeeeeeeez

drake

First Grade
I will always :lol: at the Turd Pen.

See ya Wingy! You'll be missed as much as Medical Bill Williams and the Toey Human.

Now Reg Gasnier... that's a Gasnier that's been missed.

yobbo84

Coach
Our halfback is the current Dally M Rookie of the Year. Our five-eighth is currently leading the NRL in try assists. Our hooker is the current NZ Kiwi hooker. We'll be alright.

i would like to visit japan and live there for a time.

but japanese union?

You must be really chasing the dollar and have an unhealthy like of money to do that. I could totally holiday there tho

Last edited:

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I wouldn't have liked for Wing to play for another team in the NRL, but hopefully the Bunnies will put his salary to good use.

They will have zero depth in the halves if they don't look to pick up someone who can play there (and play well).

LazyDreamer

Bench
imo St George would have an even better side than they do now if Gasnier was there. Anyone denying this is delusional at best, but more than likely a blatant liar. That said, you're right that after a short while no one gives a f**k about the defectors

Mate, the Dragons wouldn't have the side we do now if Gaz was still there. He ate up too much salary cap. If he was there, we'd most likely not have Smith, possibly Boyd & Costigan, and would have been offloading players hand over fist next year. Also, Scott wouldn't have been in the centres smashing blokes!

But you're right. Defectors? F**k 'em.

gregstar

Referee
this is absolutely terrible news.

the japs have to actually put up with yawnion?

fmd! you would have thought the bomb was enough punishment.

what a deterrent! "listen up iran! or we'll send yawnion to you!"

Big Pete

Referee
This news has just saved the represenative career of Kurt Gidley.

Coming up next Karmichael Hunt.

And another thing on the wing move,you can bet your last dollar FitzSimons in the Herald,will have his usual orgasm over a rugby league player switching to union in Japan.The death of rl he will rant on.Bit like the SBW and Gaz departure hey what:lol:.

But didn't all the union die-hards proclaim the death of league when Wendell and Loti joined rugger?

Danish

Referee
Unfortunate that Russell and PHAC's promises of money were all hot air.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the 3rd party deals in the hopes that he would walk out and free up some cap space.

He wont be missed, sure, but then again even the greats of the past decade like Johns, Daley, Fittler etc are not even thought about by anyone other than their respective club's fans.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Imagine trying to find a C.Wing in the Japanese phone book

Actually he'll probably be one of the biggest blokes in his team

shiznit

Coach
the thing about Japanese RU... there all corporate clubs. and the owners are f**king ruthless.

if you dont preform be it... poor performance on the field... or too much time off the field... they will tear up your contract and kick you out on the street.

but Eddie Jones and the like dont like to tell people about that...