What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing is flying to Japan

Kurt Angle

First Grade
To be fair, I think every RL player should be looking at Japanese RU once they reach 30,31.

Your body is shot by then, and if in the back of your mind you know you can get $500k per season to run rings around some mono-browed neanderthals runnings around in RU of a pretty poor standard, it makes the financial (in)security of RL lessen a bit.

Wing's apparently lost a bit in recent times and has to hasten to regain it.

No hard feelings to be fair, I wish he had of announced it prior to SOO... but I think he knows he wouldn't have been selected if he had.

The blokes done nothing but bitch and moan to the media for the last 12 months over the $$$$ that he should have, could have, would have been making elsewhere anyway. The deal was done two weeks ago, round about the time Souths had a bit of a form reversal.

Funny that....

Angry_eel

First Grade
Its funny how people turn on players once they move to Japan or France or any other nation paying union.

Up until 2 months when there was talk of Parra signing Wing, everyone was saying how good he was. Even during Origin, people were saying how he should play starting hooker for NSW.

Im not too pissed off at him. He's played for NSW, won a comp and is on the decline. He would be stupid not to rip those Japs off.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Does League Unlimited draw it's readership entirely from the lower levels of Bogan society?

The level of ignorance on this thread is just plain embarrasing.

Fein

First Grade
Unfortunate that Russell and PHAC's promises of money were all hot air.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled the 3rd party deals in the hopes that he would walk out and free up some cap space.

:lol::lol::lol:

Don't you have egg on your face this morning!!!!

Green Machine

First Grade
Good on Wingy for taking the cash. He’s 30 years old and he isn’t getting any younger. Had to laugh at the Danny Weedler story last night, saying the Craig wants to make himself available for the Japanese Union team. Danny loves talking his love of Union,

The blokes done nothing but bitch and moan to the media for the last 12 months over the $$$$ that he should have, could have, would have been making elsewhere anyway. The deal was done two weeks ago, round about the time Souths had a bit of a form reversal.

Funny that....

I agree...he has been a media whore in the past and a player who has underachieved.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
He doesn't like working so if it's anything tougher than "Geisha to the CEO" there may be a drama...

Not sure if he'll be pouring sake to the CEO, but the reality of rugby in Japan is probably very different to the experience he's had in Australia.

Should make for an amusing couple of chapters in his biography, anyway (Chapter 10: Holy Crap! - The Japan years)

detrius

Juniors
To be fair, I think every RL player should be looking at Japanese RU once they reach 30,31.

Your body is shot by then, and if in the back of your mind you know you can get $500k per season to run rings around some mono-browed neanderthals runnings around in RU of a pretty poor standard, it makes the financial (in)security of RL lessen a bit.

Wing's apparently lost a bit in recent times and has to hasten to regain it.

No hard feelings to be fair, I wish he had of announced it prior to SOO... but I think he knows he wouldn't have been selected if he had.

Shame we have no evidence RL players "running rings" around RU players consistently since Jason Robinson retired.

Sailor, Gasnier, Lote, Tahu & Rogers were/are good RU players but none of them consistantly ran rings around those "mono-browed neanderthals"