What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wing is flying to Japan

Shame we have no evidence RL players "running rings" around RU players consistently since Jason Robinson retired.

Sailor, Gasnier, Lote, Tahu & Rogers were/are good RU players but none of them consistantly ran rings around those "mono-browed neanderthals"

Yeah, we've seen all the "Sailor, Tuqiri and Rogers were good but nothing special Union players" posts.

How many Union Tests did those three play between them?

How many of them played Union Tests in their first year of Union? Who was the last Australian Union player to convert to Rugby League and play a test in his first season in Rugby League?

If Gasnier was playing Union in Australia, he'd have a few tests under his belt already.

life is unfair . espeacially when you wake up in the morning with this sort of news . i say good on him sayonara to wing . lets move on bro .

It certainly mean more to you than it does to me. But then again, with the way Union is going in Australia, you have to take anything you can get....

Bledisloe.... :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Shame we have no evidence RL players "running rings" around RU players consistently since Jason Robinson retired.

Sailor, Gasnier, Lote, Tahu & Rogers were/are good RU players but none of them consistantly ran rings around those "mono-browed neanderthals"

They weren't playing in Japan...hardly the same standard as Australia

detrius

Juniors
Yeah, we've seen all the "Sailor, Tuqiri and Rogers were good but nothing special Union players" posts.

How many Union Tests did those three play between them?

How many of them played Union Tests in their first year of Union? Who was the last Australian Union player to convert to Rugby League and play a test in his first season in Rugby League?

If Gasnier was playing Union in Australia, he'd have a few tests under his belt already.

I guess we have a different description of running rings around someone

I guess we have a different description of running rings around someone

Well, you're a Union fan so you automatically have a slanted view on most things. Tuquiri for example played 3 years in the NRL and 7 years of pro-Union and you'd still consider him a "leaguie". He also averaged a try every second game for the Wannabees, yet he's probably considered a failure by most die-hard Union fans.

Feel free to answer the questions I asked in the previous post whenever you're ready.

DeeJ

Bench
He is a very good player. Would have liked to have seen him stay in the NRL. I agree with Big Pete about the Kurt Gidley situation.

fred92

Juniors
Wing is an interesting character. Always been a bit two-faced. When Souths were in threat of being kicked out he claimed he was going to join rugby as he could never play for another club, then when he signed with the Roosters he claimed he would return to Souths as soon as they were re-admitted, then when he eventually did rejoin Souths he claimed it was his lifelong dream and felt he was returning home, and yeah now he's going to Japan...
Souths dont want him , nor do the Roosters

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Well, you're a Union fan so you automatically have a slanted view on most things. Tuquiri for example played 3 years in the NRL and 7 years of pro-Union and you'd still consider him a "leaguie". He also averaged a try every second game for the Wannabees, yet he's probably considered a failure by most die-hard Union fans.

Feel free to answer the questions I asked in the previous post whenever you're ready.
tuqiri was a good player but never perform for the tahs or australia more than he would have like. if he wasn't on $700,000 he would have been playing for west harbour two years ago . andrew walker made more impact on the field before going hi yo than rogers, tuqiri and sailor put together .

detrius

Juniors

I am a fan of both codes and I agree my view may be a bit more balanced than yours

I said they were/are good rugby players, but none has found it easy to convert or " ran rings around those "mono-browed neanderthals"" as you suggested.

tuqiri was a good player but never perform for the tahs or australia more than he would have like. if he wasn't on $700,000 he would have been playing for west harbour two years ago . andrew walker made more impact on the field before going hi yo than rogers, tuqiri and sailor put together .

See, you wankers just simply talk nonsense. Though I accept that in your case it's because you have an intellectual capacity that is extended to breaking point by words of one syallable or more.

Tuquiri played 60 odd tests at just under one try every two games. If he had been a born and bred Union player, he'd be a complete legend.

Now go away you dopey dendrophiliac, or we'll get you officially banned from the NRL forum, again...

If you want to argue, go to TFC. I know we've made you cry there a few times, but we have a tissue dispenser now...

I am a fan of both codes and I agree my view may be a bit more balanced than yours

Yeah, no.

There is no FOBC's opinion worth pissing on. Any idiot that watches an NRL/Origin game and can then sit through a Union game is a Union fan. No self-respecting Rugby League fan would ever put themself through that without getting blown for the effort.

It's like Andrew Dice Clay said "there's no such thing as bisexual, you either suck dick or you do not suck dick".

I said they were/are good rugby players, but none has found it easy to convert or " ran rings around those "mono-browed neanderthals"" as you suggested.

You're avoiding the questions FOBC.

How long did it take Tuquiri, Rogers and Sailor to break into the Wallabies team, and who was the last Australian Union player to switch codes and play for the Kangaroos in his first season?

I'll give you a hint, it was before Cronulla were invited to play in the NSWRL comp.

detrius

Juniors
See, you wankers just simply talk nonsense. Though I accept that in your case it's because you have an intellectual capacity that is extended to breaking point by words of one syallable or more.

Tuquiri played 60 odd tests at just under one try every two games. If he had been a born and bred Union player, he'd be a complete legend.

Now go away you dopey dendrophiliac, or we'll get you officially banned from the NRL forum, again...

If you want to argue, go to TFC. I know we've made you cry there a few times, but we have a tissue dispenser now...

A great rugby winger has a higher strike rate than Lote

For example the two current two All Black wingers have far better stats

Joe Rokocko 55 tests, 44 tries
Sitiveni Sivivatu 34 tests, 28 tries

A great rugby winger has a higher strike rate than Lote

For example the two current two All Black wingers have far better stats

Joe Rokocko 55 tests, 44 tries
Sitiveni Sivivatu 34 tests, 28 tries

And which one of them plays for Australia?

Just wank talk, it's all any of you have. I think Lote is a turncoat f**k who I wouldn't piss on if he were on fire, but it seems I have more respect for him than you Union pricks have, even though he's spent the best part of the last decade being your game's figurehead player in Australia...

Matrix

Juniors
Judas never should have left Easts.
Yeah I bet hes absolutely gutted not be battling it out for the spoon in front of 7000 at sfs or having Nate Myles defecating in his room,or Fittler banging on his door in the nude or Friend giving him a ride home drunk.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yeah I bet hes absolutely gutted not be battling it out for the spoon in front of 7000 at sfs or having Nate Myles defecating in his room,or Fittler banging on his door in the nude or Friend giving him a ride home drunk.

Coming off the bench to battle out for 14th place in front of 7000 at ANZ is a big improvement i'm sure.

Matrix

Juniors
Coming off the bench to battle out for 14th place in front of 7000 at ANZ is a big improvement i'm sure.
At least he made origin this year,that wouldnt have happened at Easts.Im sure he would rather be at a team thats competes most weeks than one thats blown 3 games in the last month.