What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Withers signs?

Kris_man

Bench
yeah, to be honest Timbo, there's no reason to believe that he's in Sydney to talk to Sydney NRL clubs. but here's hoping! :D

Lynchie: Tyran is a player who still hasn't "fulfilled his potential". it is this potential that Nathan Brown would be interested in. but to be 31 and people are still saying "he's got potential" (even you said it: "if he can play with more controlled aggression"), then that indicates to me that something's wrong.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
If Smith is 31 and hasnt reachedhis potential then I think think this means:

a)He will never reach your potential
b)He never really had potential
c)The person that said you he had potential had less potential then him

Kris_man

Bench
Tidus_Raider said:

#-o #-o

Lynchie

Juniors
Kris_man said:
yeah, to be honest Timbo, there's no reason to believe that he's in Sydney to talk to Sydney NRL clubs. but here's hoping! :D

Lynchie: Tyran is a player who still hasn't "fulfilled his potential". it is this potential that Nathan Brown would be interested in. but to be 31 and people are still saying "he's got potential" (even you said it: "if he can play with more controlled aggression"), then that indicates to me that something's wrong.

I understand what you are saying but I reckon he would still be of good help for one more season.

Poida_Raider

Bench
i agree with lynchie, i dont think tyran is as bad as everyone makes him out to be.
i dont think anyone can say that he lost us the game against the roosters, and really mean it.

i liked the way he played against the roosters, obviously a couple silly penalties were frustrating, but other than that he put in all he had, and i think he played well.

Edwahu

Bench
Apparently Michael Witt is a chance of been released. Personally I reckon he could be a better buy then Withers. A Witt / Carney halves combo has alot of potential.

Kris_man

Bench
Edwahu said:
Apparently Michael Witt is a chance of been released. Personally I reckon he could be a better buy then Withers. A Witt / Carney halves combo has alot of potential.
yeah i heard the same thing Edwahu, and we do have a history of recruiting ex-Parra players.

What the hell is doing with Parra's retentment policy? They've let so many players go who have gone on to bigger and better things, and if they do that to Witt, he'll be another one on a growing list. I thought our management was bad...

edabomb

First Grade
Witt isn't really very promising IMO. I would rather have Withers locked up as our future longterm hooker 8) .

edabomb

First Grade
I've never really seen Witt do anything, don't watch many Parra games though since they're the most boring team in the comp. Whatever I saw from Withers this year looked very good.

Chippo Raiders

Juniors
edabomb said:
I've never really seen Witt do anything, don't watch many Parra games though since they're the most boring team in the comp. Whatever I saw from Withers this year looked very good.

Withers is NOT good if we consider him for halfback, It will be Brad Drew all over again, hooker or not at all, Witt is let down by his forwards but is good,

I may be slow but ARE we looking at Witt, is Witt looking for a release?

Greenblooded

Juniors
Tidus_Raider wrote:

concur I fully with Point C :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
There are rumours that Witt is being released by the Eels, but there is no evidence whatsoever linking him to the Raiders. All i'm doing, and I assume others are doing, are saying that we should go after him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
legend said:
What sort of message would that send to Carney if we go after Witt?

my thought exactly
start of the year i though orford - 1 year, give carney another year and then let him take over and let orford go to CC or whatever

but now that smith has been brought in this role no need for witt
a waste of money

legend

Coach
I rate Witt but an outside half is not the answer when we have a ready made match winner cooling his heels in the lower grades.

I'm sick of being an also ran side. I want us to be the next Roosters or Dogs and I don't care what the club has to do to make it happen, but so long as they make it happen.