What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without your team, Who would you support?

Geohood

Bench
Say your team does not exist, or they were removed from the competition, which NRL team would you support and why?

I'm a Roosters supporter though I'd support either the Dragons or Bulldogs:
Dragons - I live in the St George area so I guess I should be supporting them anyway.
Bulldogs - Im Lebo and most of my relatives are mad Dogs supporters.. and I appreciate them as a club. Good culture there despite what happens with their players sometimes.

Geohood

Bench
Inferno said:
No one.

I'd still watch the game, but not really care about results.
So if your team did not exist in the first place, this would still be the case? Or too heavy of a thought? :D

miccle

Bench
That's way too heavy a thought for anyone Geohood!

I'd still watch the game a lot, but it's hard to say who I'd support because I don't particularly really like any other team. I'd probably watch and follow the NRL out of interest and who knows, after a few years I might find myself gravitating towards a particular team.

It wouldn't kill me though, I'd still support my team in the Qld Cup, State of Origin and the Roos in internationals.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Probably Parra seeing it is the 2nd closest team to my place after penrith. I'm a believer in supporting your local team.

miccle

Bench
Strangely, I don't think many Dragons, Sharks, Roosters or Souths fans would go for that 'support your local team' thing if their side got booted :lol:

The Preacher

First Grade
Well, unless they brought Newtown into the NRL it would have to be the Dogs.
I spent a couple of years with the Jets back in the late 70's and still have ties to them but if not it would be the Dogs as I know a few past and present from my junior days and my time in pubs.(both sides of the bar) :alcho:

Fatdog

Juniors
When my beloved steelers got taken over I switched to the team that was most similar at the time. the knights. Both were working class teams from steel cities and had mostly local juniors in their first grade side.

But nothing compares to the old wollongong showground/steelers stadium days having my photo taken with stanley the steeler. watching all the local boys go round, hearing the noise from the main bar under the western grandstand where the older men seemed more interested in the beer than the game.

But now if the Knights were gone I'd prob support the bulldogs as two of my cousins play for them.

les norton

First Grade
I would have a crack at the titans; experience the phenomena of actually living near and being able to go to home games.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Panthers didn't never existed:

Ummm probably Dragons or Storm. They have heaps of players i enjoy watching play even though i don't support either team. Storm might edge them out due to having Inglis.

If Panthers were kicked out of the comp:

I wouldn't support any team. I'd hate them all.

Been there, my team Balmain merged and left the NRL, so can't support another NRL team - including Wests Tigers.
Watch Newtown instead and loving it. See a bit of NRL after Jets games and just can't get into the hype and razzle-dazzle that goes with NRL these days.

robbie123

Juniors
Wouldn't be dragons, roosters, cronulla, manly, knights or warriors...cos i just dont like em....
Wouldn't be nth queensland, brisbane, melbourne, canberra, warriors or titans...to far to watch home games...
that leaves penrith, tigers, parra and bulldogs.....

id prob switch to cricket or something....maybe even start watching the water polo

Latest posts