What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOODEN SPOON 05'.

05' WOODEN SPOON

• Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldogs

• Broncos

• Panthers

• Dragons

• Storm

• Cowboys

• Raiders

• Knights

• Sharks

• Eels

• Sea Eagles

• Warriors

• Souths

• Total voters

MOON MAN

Juniors
In my opinion their will be a changing of the spoon, from Souths to Canberra.(e.g losing Wiki, Monaghan, Davico.) Everyone elses opinions...?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Souths/Cronulla imo

Cronulla???

They are filled with stars, kimmorley, stevens, peachey, vagana etc. I guerentee they wont come last. If they get a couple of good forwards to come through I'd tip them to make the top 8.

t-ba

Post Whore
Corbin said:
WHAT THE HEck? the roosters???????? no way .... the warriors definatly they have nothing offering for them next year.... no new players... and an unstable club

Stop ordering your lattes from Hash Cafes...

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
WHAT THE HEck? the roosters???????? no way .... the warriors definatly they have nothing offering for them next year.... no new players... and an unstable club

WHAT THE HEck?

skeepe

Immortal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're a classic Corbin. You really keep me laughing. No new players at the Warriors? I didn't know Ruben Wiki and Steve Price played there this year.

Ladies and gentleman, this weeks pumpkin goes to Corbin!

Iafeta

Referee
Corbin said:

Onya Corbin. No new players - Steve Price, Ruben Wiki and Nathan Fein?

Unstable club? The only club that gains a profit each year WITHOUT a leagues club.

One of your best.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I think next year will the closest in history. Looking at the clubs most have actually strengthened their squad for next year.

Sydney- They lose Hergarty, Hodges and Fitler but gain Roberts, Monaghan and Firman. Will still be a force next year but expect them to leak more points.

Bulldogs-Lose Price but will remain strong with the likes of Reni Maitua coming through.

Penrith- Have lost some players in Girdler and Roberts. Dont think they will go as well next year but should make the 8.

Brisbane- Lost their inspiration in Tallis but get back Thorn. Also get back Hodges and Seymour will be back from injury. I expect them to be up there again.

Melbourne- I think will struggle to make the 8 to be honest. They lose Kearns and Renoldson but have picked up some good bench players in Denis Scott and jamie Feeney.

St George Illawarra- Another disappointing finals campaign. Never seem to have their full compliment of stars on deck but whatch out when they do.

Nth Queensland- Are only going to get stronger. They lose Nathan Fein but gain jonathon Thurston. Wasn't that long ago this guy was being compared as the next Anasta at the Bulldogs and the coach even thought about permanently shifting Braith to lock to fit this guy in the starting side.

Canberra- I think the definite X-factor side in the comp next year and i'm not saying this because I support them. Have lost a tonne of talent in Wiki, Davico, Monaghan and to a lesser ectent Drew (I thinkit's good that he has left). This is where it gets interesting. Have recruited Jason Smith and Matt Adamson form the UK. Who knows how they will adapt back to the local game. Also have the NSW u/19's halfback carving up in Premier League at the moment and have signed try scoring freak Jermaine Ale from the roosters.

Newcastle- Johns is back. If he is healthy they will be a threat. If he goes down there season is over. Simple really.

Manly- Have strengthened their forward pack with Kite and Kennedy. Wont be push overs. Stewart will excel at the back and walker/monaghan have the chance to build on their halves combination.

Cronulla- Have class players across the park as well as a good crop of youngsters. Kimmorley is the key. Also Vagana needs to become more invilved. I think they lack a bit of forward muscle but Lomu, Stevens and Bailey will make sure they are competitive uo front.

Parramatta- The team with the most pressure on it's shoulders. Have bought a bunch of class players in Morrison, Riddel, Tahu just to name a few. Add thia to the likes of Grothe, Hindmarsh and Cayless and the Eels should be a threat. Witt is an emerging halfback but at the moment I dont see him guiding them to a grand Final. Still very Raw. Maybe 06 with all the new players settled is their year.

New Zealand- Price and Wiki are great signings. Add Nathan Fein and the Warriors are definately looking in better shape for season 05. Will be interesting to see what happens in the halves. Alot of pressure on Stacy Jones to lift all he may see is spot taken by the new kid on the block.

South Sydney- Have gained the likes of Hegarty and Cusack from the roosters to add to Fletcher. Harrison play his heart out and joe Williams will have half a sason under his belt. Still think they lack some depth in key positions but I think they will improve next year. Still need to keep their best team on the paddock.

Wests Tigers- Scott Prince was Brilliant this year and will be even better next year. Like the raiders they are losing a wealth of experience in Senter and Sattler. benji Marshal will also be back.

Next year's competiton is going to be great. The salary cap is really doing it's job in evening out the talent. Predicting the wooden spoon is tough but if I had to even though these teams will have improved dramatically I think 15th spot will go to either the bunnies, tigers or sea eagles. The other teams have improved/strengthened more.

Eddie.

Bench
13. Canberra ( Loss of key forwards, bought +30 yr olds)
14. Warriors ( 2 players wont turn around the massive problems in NZ)
15. Souths ( Just cant see them getting off the bottom.)

Sharks and Wests Tigers will have to work hard as well as they havent added greatly to next years squads. if there not careful they will find themselves in unwanted territory.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill give yas the tip now
we wont win the premiership next season but we will still make the 8, wooden spoon... pfft i dont think so

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I went for Tigers. The amount of experience they'll be loosing is tremendous the likes of Beuttner, Moodie, McGuiness, Sattler, Senter, Covell and Grahem all going. Not to mention Miles and Mears not handed contracts yet. PRINCE is the key player for them.

I see a

1. Bulldogs
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Penrith
6. Eels
7. Warriors
8. Dragons
9. Manly
10. Sharks
11. Storm