What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wooden spoon

gurstar

Juniors
hi there all

wooden spoon who do you think will get the spoon in 2008 and why

also which coach of the nrl will be first to get the chop in 2008

mine is newcastle for simple reasons (b smith..)

nathan brown i think will be the first gone

murraymob

Coach
tigers for the spoon. _penrith with the young players coming through will improve a few places up the ladder

Hanscholo

Bench
Just out of interest how many wooden spooners has smith coached? As opposed to say semi finalists? I think your answers will speak volumes.

TITAN1

Juniors
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Panthers for the spoon - no halves

Brown or Henry to get the sack.

So the dogs halves are world known? :lol:
Spoon: Newcastle.
Sack: Folkes.

Dave Q

Coach
I doubt the Panthers will get the spoon in 2008.

The strikepower of their backline is one of the best kept secrets in the game.

Elliot already has them working like dogs.

Spoon: Titans

Coach to Centrelink: Brown

dice

Juniors
Big Mick © said:
sweet....keep tipping us for the spoon.

I'm with you on that one. I think the Panthers will surprise quite a few people next year. Along with improvements from Sharks, Roosters, and Titans, many people on their high horses are going to be in for a rude shock.

Raider Azz

Bench
Dave Q said:
I doubt the panthers will get the spoon in 2008.

The strikepower of their backline is one of the best kept secrets in the game.
yeah, it's just a shame elliot has no idea on how to utilise them, he's too busy sticking to the train tracks

Dave Q

Coach
Raider Azz said:
yeah, it's just a shame elliot has no idea on how to utilise them, he's too busy sticking to the train tracks

Yes, I have my doubts about his ability to communicate with the players. But he may yet prove me wrong.

Frailty

First Grade
Brown will never be sacked as coach of the Dragons... Worse case scenario for him is that they will not renew his contract.... There is only one management worse than our lot (hopefully not now with Zappa) and that is the Dragons....

Wooden Spoon: Knights/Bulldogs (Can't Decide)
First Coach Sacked: Steve Folkes

badav

Bench
If Penrith field this halves combo

6. R. Williams
7. J. Williams

Then they are guarenteed the spoon.

Don't get me wrong, they have some great young guys, but their coach for mine has a massive questionmark over his head when it comes to developing young guys to reaching their potential. And when you consider all the other underachievers in their team, well personally i think Matt Elliot's job will be under pressure next year.

On paper though there isnt any team with a far weaker roster than another team. It will come down to injuries.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dogs

Chris Anderson use to say your team is made up of 2 props and a halfback, and the rest is just like gravy, well Roberts, Armit and Hickey are sh!t IMO