What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wooden spoon

aqua_duck

Coach
Dogs

Chris Anderson use to say your team is made up of 2 props and a halfback, and the rest is just like gravy, well Roberts, Armit and Hickey are sh!t IMO

mongoose

Coach
I'm tempted to say the Dogs will get the spoon but they always band together and lift whenever their backs are to the wall.

I will go the Sharks for the spoon. Bird is the only competent attacking player i can see on the team.

mxlegend99

Referee
badav said:
If Penrith field this halves combo

6. R. Williams
7. J. Williams

Then they are guarenteed the spoon.

Don't get me wrong, they have some great young guys, but their coach for mine has a massive questionmark over his head when it comes to developing young guys to reaching their potential. And when you consider all the other underachievers in their team, well personally i think Matt Elliot's job will be under pressure next year.

On paper though there isnt any team with a far weaker roster than another team. It will come down to injuries.
I can't see both Williams boys playing halves. Joe Williams is a really good chance, but Richie Williams fell out of favour with the coach.

Our halves won't be premiership quality, regardless of who we run with. But we have really good backs and a very experienced forward pack with some hard workers... we should be on the fringe of the top 8. I see us in a similar position to the Souths last year. Funnily enough with the same halfback. Petero to be our equivalent to Asotasi.

innsaneink

Referee
mongoose said:
I'm tempted to say the Dogs will get the spoon but they always band together and lift whenever their backs are to the wall.

I will go the Sharks for the spoon. Bird is the only competent attacking player i can see on the team.

Ive tipped the Sahrks to make the eight next year.

Seriously spoon though I think it could be out of newcastle or the dragons

scarcev

Juniors
Will come down to injuries and is out of the following;
- Canberra
- Penrith
- Souths
- Saints

First coach to go will be between Elliot, Brown (should have already gone) and if the Knights get off on the wrong foot Smith.

Canard

Immortal
I reckon the spoon is harder to pick than the Premiers in the current NRL.

Almost all of the Top 8 sides from 07 could scoop it if there was a serious injury to only one of their star players.

whatwhat

Juniors
Tigers for the spoon, havent recrutied well and an injury to Farah will see them gone, he was the only one who made them competetive last season.

macavity

Referee
Knights will make the 8

and Smith is safe as houses.

Tigers, Panthers or Dragons

sounds about right, add the Dogs in. a great backrow and shyte all else does not make a good team.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think Knights are abit of an unknown quantity next year, we have ALOT of new players, alot of players coming back from injury and alot of kids in there as well. Realistically we could finish anywhere from top 8 to spoon, but I'm excited we managed to avoid the spoon last year even with the highest amount of injuries any club has seen in recent history, including injuries to key players (James McManus was the only guy to play every game), we used something like 37 players, considering a fulltime squad comprises 25 players, we used 12 part timers, and the club was in turmoil after the Johns retirement, Newton affair and Reynoldson saga. This year the coach has had a year to get to know the players, brought in guys he wants, and from what I hear the club infrustructure (training facilities, coaching staff, training equipment) has improved 110%. For the 1st time in many years the club won't be run like a local chook raffle

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Frailty said:
Brown will never be sacked as coach of the Dragons... Worse case scenario for him is that they will not renew his contract...
Isn't choosing to not renew a contract, sacking someone?

Or do you judge sackings in terms of they were given the flick mid-season? :roll:

Bicey_18

Bench
Knights will not get the spoon.... If we didnt get it this season with all the turmoil going on and players like carmont, tanner,brown etc in the team... I cant see us getting it next season.

Dogs, Titans, Panthers or Raiders for mine

legend

Coach
I liked the Tigers until Head signed but there will still be question marks over the durability of their halves and now hooker. If they lose two of their key players, they are screwed.

I'm warming to the Dragons and when the pre-season injury curse hits, they'll be up sh*t creek IMO. Ryles, Young and Gasnier can never play out a full season and while ever that happens, they'll be also rans under master coach Brown.

Canberra are a chance if the forwards don't aim up but I think they have a lot of size and strike power out wide with Monaghan, Graham, Zillman and Best all noted try scorers.

If the Dogs lose SBW to injury, they'll be odds on favourites for the spoon.

Eelementary

Post Whore
2008 Spoon: Parramatta

No halfback, no Inu and Hayne beyond 2008...No hope.

First coach punted: Matthew Elliot :sarcasm: