What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Champions!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS (21)
Tries: Matt Cooper, Brett Morris (2), Cameron King
Field Goals: Jamie Soward (1/1)
Conversions: Jamie Soward (2/4)

WIGAN WARRIORS (15)
Tries:
George Carmont (2)
Field Goals: Sam Tomkins (1/1)
Conversions: Paul Deacon (2/2)
Penalty Goals: Paul Deacon (1/2)

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/a_liveupdate.php?matchid=1068

4 tries to 2

Half time Wigan 15-14, kept scoreless in the 2nd half.

More silverware.... :thumn

j0nesy

Bench
How good was that? We played well for our first competitive match. I hope King is alright, and hasn't torn his pec.

hardbaby

Coach
Exciting game. Great effort. It was a bit scrappy but both teams ripped in. English Super League doesn't really impress me but that Wigan side was very good.

The forwards were solid. Scott was super aggressive. Creagh and Prior also stood out. In the backs the Creagh-Boyd-Cooper-Morris combo tore them apart. Morris was man of the match. Nightingale played the only bad game I have seen from him.

I thought the halves were a bit quiet (Soward in particular) but they really hadn't played much of a part in the trials and you would expect them to be a bit rusty.

Shame King was injured. A torn pectoral muscle is a very painful injury and he will miss most of the season. Great try though. Hopefully he can see the silver lining in the cloud.

Awesome hit out which places the Dragons in a great position to start the premiership. Well done boys...once again.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks to Timmah for a new banner...

stg-wcc-winners.jpg

Tim Smith

Juniors
Congratulations to the Dragons, a great effort to go over there preseason in a cold England winter and come away with the trophy. What a fantastic start to the year. Thanks for the scoring summary Willow.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Special mention to the ref who put together a very nostalgic match. Took me back to the the old days when we had the 5 yard rule, French refereeing and an abundance of crowd penalties.

Gaba

First Grade
4 times in a row in a finals game the dragons kept a side scoreless in the 2nd half

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Guys - banner as Willow put up above. All yours - congratulations!

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah the ref didn't keep the teams apart and some of the penalties were a bit dusty. But I actually think that was the best performance from a French referee I have seen. Remember the tours to France in the 70s and 80s? If you were beaten 28-3 in the penalties you had done well.

The commentary was far worse. Those guys have absolutely no concept of tactics. They even made Phil Gould look interesting.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
In the 26 years I've been a Saints fan, this is undoubtedly the proudest I have ever felt of my beloved team. The red and white is gonna be proudly on display around the streets of Auckland today.

Awesome stuff boys!

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
mmm tastes good. my first morning beer since the day after..... WE WON THE COMP. Hope I dont choke on this beer. Benny to stay !