What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Champions!

Minh

First Grade
This great team of ours would compete against any of the great teams of the modern era, good times, let's bring on the title defense I think we can do it again.

Dakink

Bench
Ass Mr Price said,

WOOOOO!!!!!

My customers have had to cop and will keep copping a return on all the insults I got for bleeding red and white.

UP the Dragons!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The problem with South Wales is that it wasn't warm enough, so we created New South Wales.

The problem with the Patron Saint of England is that he wasn't cool enough, so we created the St George Dragons.

The problem with rugby league in the UK is that it isn't fast enough, so we sent over the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Sheer poetry.

21-15. The old dart unable to score in the second half.

Godz Illa

Coach
Was trying to find some Engelbert Humperdinck for you Norm, but none of the lyrics were working for me

STG-MACCA

Bench
Can any of the crew who were at the game post some pics? Also did the boys go up and salute the crowd? Would love to see more images of the Dragon Army in attendance (and the banners).

Love the intensity shown by the team - zero complacency! They were there to win the game and nothing was going to stop them.

I arrive home thursday, will get some pics up soon after that. Can't resize them on my iPad and too big to post as is.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Was trying to find some Engelbert Humperdinck for you Norm, but none of the lyrics were working for me

:lol::lol:

Fantastic clip, mate. Great work. Actually I was hoping for a bit of Carpenters 'On top of the world', I've been humming and singing that ditty since yesterday morning:D

Big Norm

Lambretta

First Grade
2ijg6xz.jpg

Thought you boys might like this

Congratulations on the win by the way - it was well deserved.

One thing I will give the ref credit for was there was no referral to the video ref. Every one of our tries would of gone upstairs if it was a normal NRL game to check the grounding or, in Cooper's case, double movement. Carmont's first try also probably would of been checked for onside.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
One thing I will give the ref credit for was there was no referral to the video ref.
That would be his only redeeming quality imo. Quick decisions.

My main criticism was the new eight metre rule that was introduced just before kick off.

Last edited:

St. Linnane

First Grade

My main criticism was the new eight metre rule that was introduced just before kick off.

Mine was the WWE style hold them down for a 10 count before allowing them up to play the ball (both sides)

Lambretta

First Grade

In England it's 10 yards .........

Maybe they need to enter the perch or rod rule. They may know what those are. No use telling about metres, they'll think the traffic wardens have entered the ground.

Stagger Lee

Bench
It was only one thing I was giving him credit for. For the large part his rule interpretations were..... unique.

Unique is a good description however I thought in general he applied "his" rules consistantly which was OK in my books.

As for the video ref not being used it was like a breath of fresh air - The game was allowed to flow and was better for it.

Quote from Willow - "My main criticism was the new eight metre rule that was introduced just before kick off."

Mmmm, indeed mate. It's one of the reason why England aren't up there with the Kangaroos, there are other reasons, but the lack of 10m from the first marker on the vast majority of play-the-balls is one of them. Some may argue that that is due to the different weather conditions, and I genuinely believe that the English Treiziste officials are v.concerned with the health of the players if they took that players back further more often, I think some are worried that a player is gonna have a heart-attack, which for a minority sport in a counrty will not be a good look.