What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hope the Dragons can get the treble. It's not easy and has not been done by many clubs.

Anyone know Bennet's record in these games? I am sure he will have the boys pumped. Good thing is, a foew of the boys have been in England before to play footy whether it be for Aus or NZ. Moz, Boyd, Gas, Coops, Hornby, Creagh, Fein, Nighty (For NZ I think). Young might go this season.

They should take Priddis for 1 last hurrah.

Anyone know Bennet's record in these games?

1 from 4.
Beat Wigan 22-8 in 1993, but lose 20-14 to them in 1994. Would be the two best clubs in the world at the time you'd think.

St Helens got them twice (in 2001 and 2007), with Ian Millward and Daniel Anderson each taking the prized scalp.

STG 002

First Grade
won't it be a classic seeing gst in the crowd. the club should pay for him to go.

saint-colesy

Juniors
Just had a look at flights with V australia, and you can fly return to London or Manchester for under a grand throughout the whole of febuary!

Have a peek at those 1992 and 1994 line-ups. Incredible, would've been amazing to watch. That 1994 one would've been special with those injuries and the sacking of the coach. Brisbane's two star studded line-ups versus Wigan, who were near the end of that ten year domination of the English competition (won every competition between 1986 and 1996).

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I asked the missus about the game last night, she was quite positive. I'd love nothing more than to see the Big Red V running about on a boggy Pommy pitch. I'm already hatching a cunning plan.

Saints, as Premier's, playing in England, against the best Pommy side. f**k me, does it get any better?? Actually it does.....Collingwooooood, Collingwooood. What a mental weekend I've just had!!

Big Norm

Southernsaint

Staff member
And remember, once you've booked the Long Haul flight to Europe, Ryanair and Easyjet are your friends...

I am fired up. Can't wait to have the Saints game one week then back to the UK for the NBA the next...

konk4

Juniors
what a fantastic effort by our beloved Dragons !!!

You are correct in your understanding of my involvement with the Dragons as their Official Travel Partner (since 2003), and am currently in the process of planning a Tour to watch them play Wigan in the World Club Challenge - the venue and date are yet to be agreed upon by the two clubs and of course the NRL & RFL (English Rugby League) - usually in the UK in late February or early March.

Dates, itinerary, inclusions (exclusive to Official Dragons Supporters Tour) and costs are yet to be determined, as both clubs are of course, enjoying their victories at the moment. As soon as details of the tour are released, I will be sure to be in touch with you personally, along with the many other supporters who have expressed interest in watching the Dragon's become World Club Champions.....

Once again, many thanks for your interest and 'Go the Dragons'

Ross Harrison
Ross Harrison Travel

JDS

Juniors
Hi GUYS, can any one give me the Contact Details for Ross Harrison Travel, keen to go and watch our Mighty Dragons in WCC. CHEERS

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Will be interesting to see who wears what kit...

kit.jpg

It will be the first time the Dragons have played on Pommy soil.....So nothing else can be worn than the red V jumper.

Minh

First Grade
Saints 16 premierships and hopefully a world club challenge as well.

RL1908

Bench
Wigan have also traditionally had a blue alternate strip in which some of the club's great players/moments have been in. That black away strip has only been for 2010. I'd be tipping Wigan to kindly forgo home colours in this instance.

images