What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge

Hi to all you Aussies out there. As you can see by my user name, I am a St Helens fan from the UK.

Well done on your fantastic win in the GF, its just a shame we failed at the final hurdle and prevented what would have been a "Saints v Saints" WCC match up!

There is a thread on our forum about this game, with all of our fans planning to support your team against our most hated rivals, and will be going to the game in our shirts so that it will be white with a red vee just like yours. I am unable to post the link as I have too few posts on here but the website is redvee.net, am sure you will find it from there.

A couple of your fans have posted on our board already. Good luck for the game and all the best.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Cheers mate. There is quite a contingent of us looking forward to coming over to support our mighty Saints. Hopefully we can all arrange to sit together to stick up the Wigan fans.

A couple of people from the sub-forum entitled Jubilee Ave above are posting on the St Helens site you have mentioned. Stay in touch with us here too.

Looking forward to a few pints of your finest!

Its looking real good guys.

Our Northern Hemisphere counterparts are keen as mustard.

I seriously think a sister club arrangement would be great one day.

Go to redvee.net and register if you are a possibility of heading over.

I can't but I'm getting a kick out of just thinking about it.

The thread in their forum is : "The Australian Red V" in the Red V Rugby Discussion link.

Fien

Juniors
How about you scared little girls stay here and actually play the Charity Shield like you are supposed to!

Or are you too scared that we'll beat you again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

gregstar

Referee
hmmm....

what to do?

tough choice.

slum it with the homeless, or compete in a title fight reserved for actual winners of things.

next season's charity shield should consist of 50uffs V sharks.

2 genuine charity cases.

Fien

Juniors
So you guys are chasing the dollars instead of doing something for Charity? Hopefully your Foundation has enough to feed the kiddies for an extra year or they may go hungry. I can only wait for the Headlines.

Deacon

First Grade
Shame that the Charity Shield wont go ahead with us just image a full cabinet(results pending)
  • JJ Giltinan Shield
  • NRL Premiership Trophy
  • WCC Trophy
  • Anzac Day
  • Charity Shield
that new museum at Kogarah would look a treat!

gregstar

Referee
So you guys are chasing the dollars instead of doing something for Charity? Hopefully your Foundation has enough to feed the kiddies for an extra year or they may go hungry. I can only wait for the Headlines.
everytime we play you it's for charity.

ask dave iq.

the offerings in bins increases ten-fold. he never has it so good.

big_steve

Juniors
honestly anyone who can afford it should go and if could afford it i would luv to go majority of the ppl either cant gocoz of work commitments or the money....i pray wen the time comes im free to go

juanfarkall

Coach
Had a look at Air Asia today as part of a lobbying exercise...
came in at around $1300 return Gold Coast - Stansted via KL.

Coshie

Juniors

Thats not bad at all..i am heading over there next weekend (wishing now i had taken my holiday in feb instaed) and it is costing me nearly $2000..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cheers mate. There is quite a contingent of us looking forward to coming over to support our mighty Saints. Hopefully we can all arrange to sit together to stick up the Wigan fans.

A couple of people from the sub-forum entitled Jubilee Ave above are posting on the St Helens site you have mentioned. Stay in touch with us here too.

Looking forward to a few pints of your finest!
You think we might get a few St Helens supporters along to cheer on the kindred Saints?

Could be the start of something.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Air Asia's return flights from KL to London cost about $620 AUD.

From Aust to KL:
Perth is $389 return.
Sydney and Brisbane to KL is about $690 return. So it matches.

Very cheap out of Perth for our WA mates.

You think we might get a few St Helens supporters along to cheer on the kindred Saints?

Could be the start of something.

No doubt about it mate, every Saints fan will be supporting you. There are quite a few planning on attending in our strip of white with a red vee like yours.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's great to hear PSF. And I understand where you're coming from. After losing the GF I suspect you want to live the WCC through the Saints one way or the other. I remember in 2000 staying up a watching the St Helens win, seeing that Red V and cheering you on.

I made some video captures of it at the time:

redcurley.gif
[SIZE=-1]14 Oct: St Helens defeat Wigan 29 - 16 in UK Grand Final at Old Trafford overnight. Willie Peters played well in a losing team showing once again that he posseses a pretty good boot. Wigan mounted a comeback with 25 minutes from fulltime when they ran in 2 tries in 3 minutes but StHelens defence on the day was far too good and the UK Saints thoroughly deserved their victory. St Helens are coached by Australian, Ian Millward who is a former Illawarra Steelers reserve grade coach and the son of Dragons administrator, Bob Millward. This was Ian Millward's first year as St Helens' coach.[/SIZE]

sthelens7.jpg
sthelens1.jpg
sthelens2.jpg
sthelens3.jpg

News Archives 2000
Link

FMD, I'll have to get to the old dart by hook or crook. I spent all my football money this year and then some. I might have to swim there.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The post image limit wouldn't allow for all the pics. Here's the rest:

sthelens4.jpg
sthelens5.jpg
sthelens6.jpg