What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Nealo 12

First Grade
I just saw it on the Kayo televised time but no official word or announcement.
Edit : Its OK I just found the update on our site for all games pushed back this weekend.

I just saw it on the Kayo televised time but no official word or announcement.
Edit : Its OK I just found the update on our site for all games pushed back this weekend.

Iamback

Coach
Thank god for that, I'm on the Eastern side noted that the forecast has dropped to 38 for the day :D

I was in the West stand for a bit on the weekend and the Eastern side was actually cooler, 2nd half had some shade in the terrace too and gets a breeze.

So it might not be so bad. Especially if the Storm stays away and just cools it

Whino

Bench
All injuries reported as minor by Peter Lang.
Martin, Edwards, Luke, and Soro expected to be fit round 1.

snickers007

Juniors
Of those, Luke isn't a lock. A good performance from Cogger could make it interesting

I'm really warming to the idea of Cogger in 14.
He has good hands, good vision and can kick. Allows Kenny to continue playing stints as a running forward if needed. He's our best backup if we get an injury in the halves mid match.
Haven't seen enough of him to comment on his defence, but I've seen enough of Soni Luke.

Also free's up a spot in the halves in NSW Cup, letting us play 6/ Cole 7/ Falls and 9/ Luke.
And Cole needs to be playing at 6 regularly - especially with Tito and Jenkins locked in for the centres.

Iamback

Coach
I'm really warming to the idea of Cogger in 14.
He has good hands, good vision and can kick. Allows Kenny to continue playing stints as a running forward if needed. He's our best backup if we get an injury in the halves mid match.
Haven't seen enough of him to comment on his defence, but I've seen enough of Soni Luke.

Also free's up a spot in the halves in NSW Cup, letting us play 6/ Cole 7/ Falls and 9/ Luke.
And Cole needs to be playing at 6 regularly - especially with Tito and Jenkins locked in for the centres.

I agree, Normally I am all for developing for the future but Luke playing 20 mins off the bench doesn't really help his development.

NSW Cup is interesting. You'd think the 1-5 we ran with on the weekend is the top backline which leaves Cole as the 6, He signed for 4 years though so the club must have a plan for him to push towards the 17.
Maybe he is fill in now and bulks up and ends up in the Salmon/Peachey role moving forward

i think
Interesting thread - whilst I don't think Saints will win the WCC I certainly think they will suprise a few based on some Panthers fan comments on here.

We're probably the most NRL-esque team to come out of SL in recent times, by which I mean we play with a high level of intensity that teams have struggled to live with. This Saints side is a team in the true sense of the word and I thiunk will give a good account of themselves.

Players like Makinson, Welsby, Percival, Lomax, Dodd, Walmsley, Knowles, Roby, Lees, Bachelor would all get a run in good NRL sides in my opinion. Then there are the ex NRL lads like Sironen, Lussick, Paasi, Sione, Hurrell who are decent players albeit not amongst our very best.

I think eventually a good few of the players who play in a couple of weeks will end up in the NRL and will be some of the better players to have done so (Welsby and Dodd in particular).

I think you'll enjoy the game and Saints will give a strong account of ourselves and SL.
i believe the game will be closer than anyone thinks

Latest posts