What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

WestyLife

First Grade
On Crichton I've said in previous season he's probably one of the most genetically gifted athletes at the club but doesn't have that aggressive killer instinct hyper competitive edge that someone like Edwards has. Got ridiculed but it's what holds him back from being elite. Edwards attitude in Critta's body would be the best fullback in the history of the game.

On the game saints played like that had a point to prove and really wanted it. From a purely football fan perspective they were good to watch.

Our side looked like me after coming back from annual leave going through the motions until you really hit your peak again. Shame we don't get this with both at their best but still a well earned win.

I’m not starting shit…. Just a casual observation of your posting style.

You do you boo.
Again I do not watch the Super league, as I have a life. Your comments are aggressive. Your juvenile responses are not bothering me, in fact I'm in tears, from laughing at you.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It wasn’t a trial game.
It was a World Club Challenge, that your team prepared for.
Stop being such an obvious sook.
Whose sooking? Injuries was all I was worried about. If we had of picked uk some injuries I’d have been sooking! Fuming!

It was nothing more than a fancy trial, if you care to scroll back you see that I was saying exactly that long before the result was even known.

I even said that Penrith never trial well and $6.50 for St Helen’s was ridiculous. I made a cool $120 outta that.

stryker

First Grade
Go away you muppet, the English Super League is utterly dog shit mate. It’s of a poor standard.

It’s where our players go to ease into retirement and earn heaps of cash. It’s a comp that makes Sam Tompkins look good for god sake

Go talk about it in an English Rugby League group and you can all pretend is awesome….

What are you trying to achieve even reading and posting in here?!?

The NRL seasons about to start mate, get excited for that….
If it’s such dogshit, why did they take the current NRL premiers to school last night? Penrith have had months to prepare for this game. They were outclassed, out enthused and belted into submission by a team who played Rugby League the way it was intended to be played.
Penrith are not on the same level as St Helens which means the NRL in general needs to stop listening to dinosaurs like Phil Gould and evolve.

soc123_au

Staff member
We can all use the "only a trial" as a crutch, but it was obvious after Too' scored that it was more than a trial to the players. Then the post game reactions etc.

I honestly thought going in we would destroy them. Can't be right all the time.

St Helens were the better side, they also were robbed of a try imo, that pass was flat at worst. For a team that costs less than our top 4 players I thought they were impressive. They managed to do what most teams cant by keeping us in our half. Sure, we were off, but that is something I havent seen for quite a few years. To me the only question on their quality in comparison to NRL teams is if they could cope with a full season of that intensity. Unfortunately we will never get the answer to that one. Based on last night they make the 8 quite easily imo.

stryker

First Grade
Poms are the only people that have ever cared about the WCC, up until a few days ago, I didn’t even know if we had not won it before.

Our players hate losing anything, they were sad after Noth Queensland beat us last year and we had rested our entire squad.

The concept is just never going to take off over here, it’s either played at the end of the season, when the players are still partying from winning a GF or played now, when we are all more interested in who we will have fit to play rnd 1.

I’m a die hard Panther fan, never miss a home game, I watch every Penrith reserve grade game either live or on tv.

I had free tickets last night and didn’t go, I actually missed the 1st 15-20 mins because I was doing the dishes.

I get the media trying to generate hype around this game and the NRL preseason “Comp”, but it’s just never going to take off.
Waaaaaaaggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Your trial was last week.
This was a final.
Cleary senior showed his weaknesses last night.
This is like talking to a brick wall.

Our players couldn’t play last week, the rules wouldn’t allow it, which shows just how seriously the NRL took the WCC …. How hard is that to understand…

stryker

First Grade
This is like talking to a brick wall.

Our players couldn’t play last week, the rules wouldn’t allow it, which shows just how seriously the NRL took the WCC …. How hard is that to understand…
Lol you have so many excuses.
Penrith football was inferior to St Helen’s football.
How hard is that to understand?

Murraymob1

Juniors
Reality is ST Helens won and where the better side on the night.Regardless of what you think of the super league full credit to them.
They came with a clear game plan rush up on the outside lay all over the ruck.It worked .The without a doubt where the better team .We move on learn from what happened and improve we have to