What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah yeah, players always go on their knees head in hands when they lose a trial game, we know it’s meaningless (again) because you didn’t win it.

I’m sure the players are really grateful for your “die hard” support of shredding your free tickets. Go get em superfan.
Jesus, you’re a persistent troll aren’t you.

Was I not saying it was a meaningless trial prior to the result? When we were $6.50 Favourites?

enough from you now, we have NRL to discuss.

Blade23

Juniors
Seeing some of the replies in here its clear as day why other NRL clubs hate the Panthers. Have nothing but respect for the Roosters and Rabbitohs but you lot!

Your club is light years behind ours. St Helens small northern town is home of the WORLDS best Rugby League team.

You go in the main forum during the season. Doesn't matter what team loses. Us , Souths, Broncos, or the Roosters. Rival fans come out of the woodwork to pile on. That is social media. The more success you have, the more jealous they become.
Social anonymity brings out the worst in people.

I go all over the State usually wearing my Panthers hat. Meet a lot of people. Never get abused. A few friendly barbs, but never any hate.

Last edited:

Black Magik

Juniors
You missed the point completely. The higher the pay on offer the better the candidate that gets hired. It’s simple. If you think the total Super league player pool stacks up to the nrl one you’re deluded.
No mate. You missed the point.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
A few take away points.

-Taylan and Tago are in for a big season, I feel it in my bones. Hopefully they can stay fit. We just need to pick the right back rower to slot in with them. I’d pick Hoskins, but Ivan does love Garner.

-Critter continues to show why he’s not an NRL FB and I’m sure he ever will be.

-The boys looked fit and besides two obvious defensive lapses, looked well organised in D.

-The attack was horrible, poor passing, players out of position, no real intent. Edwards returning will help, but there is some work to be done.

-Hooker seems to be the big concern, personally, I won’t be passing judgement until Soni is on the bench and they’ve had some games. I suspect it will be fine.

Plenty of work to be done before we take on the Bronc’s

Seeing some of the replies in here its clear as day why other NRL clubs hate the Panthers. Have nothing but respect for the Roosters and Rabbitohs but you lot!

Your club is light years behind ours. St Helens small northern town is home of the WORLDS best Rugby League team.
Are you kidding yourself? Has your team made three consecutive finals, winning two in a row? People are emotive, it happens. Jealously is a curse and tall poppy syndrome is rife in Australia.

Whino

Bench
I think we need to see our missing players back in the side and better conditions before we panic.
Our attack and defence is so much better with Edwards in the side. Without Api he is much more important now. Martin was sorely missed last night on an edge.

We were outplayed last night. Nor did we play to the conditions. We put in a trial performance. We lacked composure and intensity. Added with the usual pre-season rust.
Full credit to SH.They turned up.

IIRC we were woeful in our trial loss last year vs Parramatta.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Are you kidding yourself? Has your team made three consecutive finals, winning two in a row? People are emotive, it happens. Jealously is a curse and tall poppy syndrome is rife in Australia.
Jane please stop.. they have won the last four Super League Comps…..

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I think we need to see our missing players back in the side and better conditions before we panic.
Our attack and defence is so much better with Edwards in the side. Without Api he much more important. Martin was sorely missed last night on an edge.

We were outplayed last night. Nor did we play to the conditions. We played like trial performance. When the match meant so much more. Full credit to SH.

I actually think last night was our best trial performance in recent memory.

I really don’t know what all the fuss is about.

Blade23

Juniors
Our attack and defence is so much better with Edwards in the side. Without Api he is much more important now. Martin was sorely missed last night on an edge.

We were outplayed last night. Nor did we play to the conditions. We put in a trial performance. We lacked composur and intensity. Added with the usual pre-season rust. Full credit to SH.

Nailed it.