What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

FearTheVee

Juniors
Walmsley is good, but he’s not better than Fish or Leota. Arguably you could say he’d take Spencer’s spot, but Spencer brings a lot of aggression and line speed.

Welsby is not getting picked over any of our back 3.
Mackinson would struggle to make our reserve grade side. Not even being disrespectful, we are very strong in the outside backs.

I’ve watched Ruby for years, he’s a slow version of Kenny….
This guy knows his rugby :)

I’ve watched Roby for years, he’s a slow version of Kenny. Deluded.

Thanks to all the more gracious Penrith fans for your interesting takes in the lead up to the game and for the congratulations and respect given since - good luck for the NRL season.

Kenny is a great defender but he’s attacking and passing game is below par
Luke is the opposite great in attack but can’t defend
Sommerton the hooker in NSW cup looks good
Maybe he should be given a chance
He seems to have good vision

Black Magik

Juniors
I don’t see how a salary cap makes one comp better than the other. The saints team ( which was full strength) would have put dozens on the NRL Newcastle team.
That Panthers team last night ( very under strength) would have smashed who I ever it was that won the spoon in the ESL.
Having an extra $8m to spend doesn’t mean the comp is far better only that is better run.

Yeah you were average and the weather was bad and the salary cap is biting (despite cleary earning about a third of saints entire cap) and we don’t care and it was a trial and we were missing a couple and the ref and our reserve grade would beat you and nobody would make our team and and and and and and and

and you lose again.
We had some first grade regulars out, and others only played their first game.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I don’t see how a salary cap makes one comp better than the other. The saints team ( which was full strength) would have put dozens on the NRL Newcastle team.
That Panthers team last night ( very under strength) would have smashed who I ever it was that won the spoon in the ESL.
Having an extra $8m to spend doesn’t mean the comp is far better only that is better run.
That post makes no sense, any business that pays better attracts better performers. Take lawyers as a perfect example.

FearTheVee

Juniors
We had some first grade regulars out, and others only played their first game.
And we had Batchelor out and Makinson lost to injury early on, with a squad built with a LOT of millions less than yours to replace them from.

I can’t keep up - one minute NSW cup would beat us, the next you’re only a player or two away from being a SL team.

Maybe Saints are just a good side that played well and the nonsense about none of the Saints lads getting in your team is just that - nonsense.

The bozo saying Walmsley MIGHT just about challenge your third choice prop for a spot and Roby is a plodder shows how little respect this side was given. More fool the Panthers as a club - they’ve not been paying attention.

On a more positive note - thought Yeo and both Clearys were very magnanimous in defeat, good on them.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
When you have to resort to insults and denigration you’ve lost the debate fella or am I mistaken and you’re just a kid

I’m here because I’m a Rugby League fan and Penrith Panthers have just played St Helens in the World Club Challenge in Australia. Super League is whatever it is, but you know it’s the original Rugby League competition so maybe you should show a bit more respect. You can say what you like but with a $12.1 million salary cap compared to Super Leagues £2.0 million I think it does a great job of staying just behind the NRL. With that sort of financial advantage maybe NRL teams should be much better.

Anyway, once again, congratulations to Super League Champions St Helens on becoming World Club Champions despite ALL THE ADVANTAGES BEING WITH Penrith Panthers
What exactly are we debating?

Whats my position?

I called you a muppet, because you’re here, not as a rugby league fan, but as a troll, trying to stir up opposition fans, which is both weird and sad.

Black Magik

Juniors
That post makes no sense, any business that pays better attracts better performers. Take lawyers as a perfect example.
Lawyers! That’s your argument? So English lawyers are paid three times less than Australian lawyers? I still bet you get some absolutely garbage legal support in each country though.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This guy knows his rugby :)

I’ve watched Roby for years, he’s a slow version of Kenny. Deluded.

Thanks to all the more gracious Penrith fans for your interesting takes in the lead up to the game and for the congratulations and respect given since - good luck for the

Please don’t call it rugby, I don’t call football, soccer…

James Roby is 37, there is no way he’d last an NRL season, he couldn’t play 27 games of greater intensity than we saw last night.

I don’t really see how I’ve not been gracious in defeat, I’ve said half a dozen times that you guys played better and deserved the win. Thanks to sports bet, I even made a tidy profit.

But, as I said before the game, it was a trial game and means nothing, the worst part is, because of the stupid “World Club Challenge” bit, we weren’t even able to give our fringe guys more a run.

Now, with all due respect, I’ll say this one more time, enjoy your win, but take it for what it was.

FearTheVee

Juniors
Now, with all due respect, I’ll say this one more time, enjoy your win, but take it for what it was.
Indeed I will - I’ll take it for a WCC win.

You can take it as another trial if you like and add it to the other two WCC defeats you obviously didn’t care about either, but we all saw your players’ faces at the end and the coach/captain press conference. They know what it was.

And we had Batchelor out and Makinson lost to injury early on, with a squad built with a LOT of millions less than yours to replace them from.

I can’t keep up - one minute NSW cup would beat us, the next you’re only a player or two away from being a SL team.

Maybe Saints are just a good side that played well and the nonsense about none of the Saints lads getting in your team is just that - nonsense.

The bozo saying Walmsley MIGHT just about challenge your third choice prop for a spot and Roby is a plodder shows how little respect this side was given. More fool the Panthers as a club - they’ve not been paying attention.

On a more positive note - thought Yeo and both Clearys were very magnanimous in defeat, good on them.
We were a player down too.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Indeed I will - I’ll take it for a WCC win.

You can take it as another trial if you like and add it to the other two WCC defeats you obviously didn’t care about either, but we all saw your players’ faces at the end and the coach/captain press conference. They know what it was.
Poms are the only people that have ever cared about the WCC, up until a few days ago, I didn’t even know if we had not won it before.

Our players hate losing anything, they were sad after Noth Queensland beat us last year and we had rested our entire squad.

The concept is just never going to take off over here, it’s either played at the end of the season, when the players are still partying from winning a GF or played now, when we are all more interested in who we will have fit to play rnd 1.

I’m a die hard Panther fan, never miss a home game, I watch every Penrith reserve grade game either live or on tv.

I had free tickets last night and didn’t go, I actually missed the 1st 15-20 mins because I was doing the dishes.

I get the media trying to generate hype around this game and the NRL preseason “Comp”, but it’s just never going to take off.

Nealo 12

Bench
Poms are the only people that have ever cared about the WCC, up until a few days ago, I didn’t even know if we had not won it before.

Our players hate losing anything, they were sad after Noth Queensland beat us last year and we had rested our entire squad.

The concept is just never going to take off over here, it’s either played at the end of the season, when the players are still partying from winning a GF or played now, when we are all more interested in who we will have fit to play rnd 1.

I’m a die hard Panther fan, never miss a home game, I watch every Penrith reserve grade game either live or on tv.

I had free tickets last night and didn’t go, I actually missed the 1st 15-20 mins because I was doing the dishes.

I get the media trying to generate hype around this game and the NRL preseason “Comp”, but it’s just never going to take off.
What was the NSW Cup trial score ?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Lawyers! That’s your argument? So English lawyers are paid three times less than Australian lawyers? I still bet you get some absolutely garbage legal support in each country though.
You missed the point completely. The higher the pay on offer the better the candidate that gets hired. It’s simple. If you think the total Super league player pool stacks up to the nrl one you’re deluded.

FearTheVee

Juniors

Yeah yeah, players always go on their knees head in hands when they lose a trial game, we know it’s meaningless (again) because you didn’t win it.

I’m sure the players are really grateful for your “die hard” support of shredding your free tickets. Go get em superfan.

St_Helens_Goat

Juniors
Seeing some of the replies in here its clear as day why other NRL clubs hate the Panthers. Have nothing but respect for the Roosters and Rabbitohs but you lot!

Your club is light years behind ours. St Helens small northern town is home of the WORLDS best Rugby League team.

Latest posts