What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Blade23

Juniors
Whilist promising game time to Spencer. That means less time at prop for Kenny, The flow on will be we won't see Luke in the 1st half because you can't burn a change so early.

I guess we see how it works in practice

That was the pre-season plan. Kenny/Luke combo. Need Soni to stay fit. I think most on here would know Kenny's ruck awareness is not too sharp. We need Soni out there after the opening sting has gone out.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
That was the pre-season plan. Kenny/Luke combo. Need Soni to stay fit. I think most on here woukld know Kenny's ruck awareness is not too sharp. We need Soni out there after the opening sting has gone out.

On the flip side though if Peachey is the 17, We likely have him and Luke out there.

Can we afford a Spencer off night. So probably need Kenny's defence too. A juggling act that is for sure

that was the only decent call Klein had, The management of the ruck was poor.

That was the main reason I though that Saints beat your team, the speed (or lack thereof) of the play the ball. Itr was quite noticeable that St Helens slowed down the ruck whenver the Panthers had the ball, whilst your team were getting off them way too quick in comparison. It's why, especially in the first half, they managed to keep getting good field position.

Some of your players would get tackled with the ball, but didn't make much effort to get up, which encouraged Saints to lay on them a tad longer, and enabled Klein to overlook it.

WestyLife

First Grade
Our opposition.
Put their Round 1 on hold to fly across here. Now have a 24 hour flight home have a comp game on Sat.

That shows how motivated and prepared they were

They were also closer to full strength and had a practice match the week before. They wanted it more and played better I'm not bothered They won but it does suck we can't get a better time for it during the year.

Blade23

Juniors
They were also closer to full strength and had a practice match the week before. They wanted it more and played better I'm not bothered They won but it does suck we can't get a better time for it during the year.

I don't know if there is a good time.
Pre-season is a mad rush to squeeze it in before round 1, while teams are rusty. Someone has to travel.
End of season the players have had enough after the GF. Good luck finding them a week later ;) Can't hold it mid year either.

The team that won you the premiership should be playing for it IMO. Would have been good to have Api and Kiks in the side. Instead you players that weren't part of the premiership.

Iamback

Coach
That was the main reason I though that Saints beat your team, the speed (or lack thereof) of the play the ball. Itr was quite noticeable that St Helens slowed down the ruck whenver the Panthers had the ball, whilst your team were getting off them way too quick in comparison. It's why, especially in the first half, they managed to keep getting good field position.

Some of your players would get tackled with the ball, but didn't make much effort to get up, which encouraged Saints to lay on them a tad longer, and enabled Klein to overlook it.

In a wet game refs always allow that, It shows a lack of urgency and game awareness on our part

chrisD

Coach
Their right hand defence was rushing up hard and fast from the start of the game and it took until the second half to kick in behind for our first try. That needed to happen earlier to put them in two minds or produce points.

No Kikau for instant momentum in attack and momentum stopping defence was keenly felt.

Turuva was fantastic, May is always awesome.

There would be a place in the NRL for very large forwards without much of a motor.

It would have been nice to win but whatever. A comparison of our record with and without Edwards over the last 2 seasons would be most telling.

Iamback

Coach

Again though the match practice thing, Turuva is possibly a better fullback then Critter. Had a run last week he probably should of been back there.

The 1st hit up of the match, A player who could of played last week drops it. All in all it shows better preparation.

It is either a boot up the ass they need or is a sign of the year ahead. We will find out soon enough

Munky

Coach
Again though the match practice thing, Turuva is possibly a better fullback then Critter. Had a run last week he probably should of been back there.

The 1st hit up of the match, A player who could of played last week drops it. All in all it shows better preparation.

It is either a boot up the ass they need or is a sign of the year ahead. We will find out soon enough

Penrith knocked on each half on the first possession.

The antithesis of Pantherball.

I've said the past year Critta has no idea what to do with ball in hand if there is space in front of the defensive line.

He doesn't wind up, put on late footwork, look for a gap. Just jogs into the first defender. The dude is about the same size and as athletic as Joey Manu. He should be dominating physically.