What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2017 Kiwis news

Team Named.
RTS
DWZ
Beale
Takairangi
Rapana
Nikorima
Johnson
Tapau
Leuluai
Blair (C)
K Bromich
Tapine
Mannering

Big Melbourne dude NAS
Packer
Lui
Levi
TL and Levi in a hooker rotation!
Nikorima at 6.
All depends how the team gels together.
Not to bad a team on paper, but we know about those good on paper teams.

I like the overall balance of the team
Takairangi is powerful and strong out wide and next to him Rapana has pure gas
Good bench with Packer NAS and Liu is good rotation
Personally would have Martin at 6 and Nikorima at 14 but overall i like it
Us by 20

Cold Roses

Juniors
Team Named.
RTS
DWZ
Beale
Takairangi
Rapana
Nikorima
Johnson
Tapau
Leuluai
Blair (C)
K Bromich
Tapine
Mannering

Big Melbourne dude NAS
Packer
Lui
Levi

Back row looks vulnerable. Maybe Mannering to replace Tapine with Liu having a stint at middle forward/lock. Like the fact that Tapau is starting. Need some aggressive energy to start the game. Surprised that Whare hasn't started.

Schuster86

Juniors
Pretty decent team considering the players available. Back row looking a little below par but between the defections, suspensions and injury’s there really isn’t much left to pick from. Alex Glenn is a real talking point for mine? I feel he showed enough this year to warrant selection. Whare who’s aparrenty injured (not sure to what extent) I’d say would have partnerd Rapana. Martin in at 6 and Nikorima to play bench utility imo. Biggest pro for me would be the bench, three big, strong, aggressive middle men who should/hope bring just as much as those they’ll be subbing for.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Although we haven't had any warm up games, this should still be a win for us. Like I said before - we should be quicker than the Samoans in most facets of the game. Im expecting a bit of rust/mistakes from us so Im not expecting a clinical 80 minutes although that would be good. 10-20 point win for us is what Im expecting.

My view of the Toa Samoa players. This is the team playing...

Young Tonumaipea - barely ok
2. Peter Mata'utia - stink
3. Timoteo Lafai - barely ok
4. Joseph Leilua - good
5. Ken Maumalo - barely ok
6.Joseph Paulo - good defender for a 6, no spark
7. Ben Roberts - inconsistent
8. Junior Paulo - good
9. Jazz Tevaga - ok
10. Sam Lisone - ok
11. Joshua Papalii - good
12. Frank Pritchard - bit old
13. Leeson Ah Mau - ok, but at 13?

Pita Godinet - I cant see any impact
15. Herman Essese - good
16.Suaia Matagi - good
17. Bunty Afoa - the hell? barely ok

Matua

Bench
Damn that's an average looking Kiwis team.

Bromwich must be getting a start as they have the mistaken belief he can emulate his brother.

JJ

Immortal
this is the only time ever that i want to see Maumalo stuff up
LOL - guess the anticipation will be different on this occasion

Is Whare injured? Not feeling Beale at centre, and the K Brom selection is strange - Mannerring can do that and add another big body in the middle, surely?

Perhaps Brian Smith has a plan...

Pretty decent team considering the players available. Back row looking a little below par but between the defections, suspensions and injury’s there really isn’t much left to pick from. Alex Glenn is a real talking point for mine? I feel he showed enough this year to warrant selection. Whare who’s aparrenty injured (not sure to what extent) I’d say would have partnerd Rapana. Martin in at 6 and Nikorima to play bench utility imo. Biggest pro for me would be the bench, three big, strong, aggressive middle men who should/hope bring just as much as those they’ll be subbing for.
Long story short, when the Tongan exodus happened just before team naming, Alex was called and offered selection. He turned it down as he was told a week ago he hadn’t made it and had booked an overseas holiday.

I believe Elijiah then took his spot.

LOL - guess the anticipation will be different on this occasion

Is Whare injured? Not feeling Beale at centre, and the K Brom selection is strange - Mannerring can do that and add another big body in the middle, surely?

Perhaps Brian Smith has a plan...

Whare just not picked and Kenny has been ruled out with JWH in