What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2017 Kiwis news

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup. We are NOT winning the world cup.

Sorry. You were saying...
Dated September 26th 2017

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wish I could be bothered going back to last years 4 nations and quote the post where I said we had zero chance of winning with Kidwell as coach.

Sucks to be right sometimes but I don't think anyone thought we'd be this bad.

Kidwell's gone, silver linings and all.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If you ever want a clear illustration in coaching, today is the greatest example you will ever see

I won't let the Kiwis effort bring me down from the ripper game I went to today.

Let's have a look at the Lebanon side. They have no rights to be anywhere near the top sides, but pushed England, only down 10 at ht v Australia, and should have beaten Tonga today. Why ? Brad Fittler

The players love him, and he may seem like a lunatic in commentaries, but today it was evident that he had watched Tonga, broken down all their weaknesses, built a game plan for his side that was followed to the letter, and without a few poor calls against them, they win today, imo they were the better team. Also liked pre tournament he told his players anyone who can't sing the national anthem won't be playing, no matter who they are

Then I watch a bunch of headless chickens run around in Kiwis jumpers for 80mins. At least the haka was cool though ... I won't lump all the players in that, because I thought that the majority of them were trying hard, just not all on the same consistent, cohesive page knowing what the other was doing

If you ever want a clear illustration in coaching, today is the greatest example you will ever see

I won't let the Kiwis effort bring me down from the ripper game I went to today.

Let's have a look at the Lebanon side. They have no rights to be anywhere near the top sides, but pushed England, only down 10 at ht v Australia, and should have beaten Tonga today. Why ? Brad Fittler

The players love him, and he may seem like a lunatic in commentaries, but today it was evident that he had watched Tonga, broken down all their weaknesses, built a game plan for his side that was followed to the letter, and without a few poor calls against them, they win today, imo they were the better team. Also liked pre tournament he told his players anyone who can't sing the national anthem won't be playing, no matter who they are

Then I watch a bunch of headless chickens run around in Kiwis jumpers for 80mins. At least the haka was cool though ... I won't lump all the players in that, because I thought that the majority of them were trying hard, just not all on the same consistent, cohesive page knowing what the other was doing
Lucky we lost to Tonga, as I'm near certain Lebanon would have beaten us.

Rich102

Staff member

I agree. A lot of Lebanon's success could be put down to Robbie Farah and Mitchell Moses. Farrah's football smarts can't be taught. They played behind a much smaller pack and nearly won the game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I agree. A lot of Lebanon's success could be put down to Robbie Farah and Mitchell Moses. Farrah's football smarts can't be taught. They played behind a much smaller pack and nearly won the game.

Yep, 100% agree. If only we had a player in the halves available for the Kiwis that's played 250+ games and done it all ...

Mitchell Moses is a superstar, tbh I have never really rated him at all, but he has stood up big time this World Cup. Was clear that Fittler had spotted that attacking Hurrell with a wide ball was the way to go and that Lebanon centre had a blinder, and on the last tackle they took Tonga on repeatedly and got results from it.

Look at how those halves are going under Fittler, and look at how the halfback for NZ that "doesn't care what he says" is going

Reactions: JJ
Let's throw a conspiracy in here.
Kearney sees how Kiwis are playing first 2 games and sees RTS in particular enjoying himself and supporting offloads.
Kearney gets on the phone and explains to Kidwell "the process".
And he is making Kearney look bad! :)
All downhill from there. :)

JJ

Immortal
His contract finished after the World Cup.

He does not need to resign, NZRL just do not have to hire him again.

Vote One Des Hasler.

Can they resist? LOL

Given the Kiwi's only policy, he probably still has a chance LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rich102

Staff member
Come on. Kidwell has stated he is considering whether he wants to continue in the job. Guess we will have to wait till he decides.