What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup defense fail

Diesel

Referee
Kearney has shown at NRL and international level he is out of his depth coaching. Some decisions in selection and game plans the backend of the WC were questionable and his record against Australia and the past 5 years is nothing great.

Macguire, Bellamy, Bennett would be a good start

Rich102

Staff member
You're only as strong as your weakest link and while our best 'might' be up with theirs (debateable) our weakest is waaaay weaker. We still lack true across the board depth (see Goodwin). None of our spine would make a combined team. Some of our spine would not make a 'D' combined ANZAC team. Simply our players are not as good as theirs. There is not much we can do except keep supporting them, hope kiwi management is doing all they can to grow the game and hope for the odd miracle.

Also get the best coach money can by, whether he is kiwi, Australian or Jamaican. Bellyache would be my choice.

I totally agree.

JoeD

First Grade
It would be an interesting exercise to pick say an NRL top 5 for every position and see how many kiwis are included. My guess is that only 1 out 5 would be kiwis.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
A centre and halfback are positions that need upgrading in. Everything else we are alright in or will be alright in the next few years. Inu would have helped a lot at centre, Hurrell will play for the Kiwis (though I'd rather he didn't) so hopefully he keeps getting better. Sheck will be one of the best fullbacks behind Inglis very quickly and Kearney will hopefully be gone so people like Elijah Taylor stop getting free rides. Hopefully Watene is the next Sheck for us.

Rambo1'

Juniors
Inu and or Hoffman should have been our centers. Kearneys should go. Would even prefur to see Bluey back there.

Aragorn

First Grade
Tone83

Is this f**kwit the old Aragorn ?

nevermind_nathan_fillion.gif

JoeD

First Grade
How come nobody talking up the allegations Veitch has put out that 6 players were half drugged during final?

Scott

Bench
yeah, this is very disturbing. Veitch had Phil Holden on his show, and Phil was probably more open than he need to be about it. I agree, name, shame & never select them again.

Diesel

Referee
Are the pills and energy drinks illegal? From my understanding it was sleeping pills and energy drinks to see who could stay awake the longest, but why the f*** the day before the RLWC final?

I hope this is part of the reason Kearney and a few others are getting the boot

No excuse should fly.
Sleeping pills may have initially been needed to adjust to time zone, but after 4 days shouldn't of been needed or use Melatonin!
Any link to audio/podcast of chat?
Dump the admin who allowed this to happen if true.

JoeD

First Grade
The lack of media coverage on this is a bit disturbing. Papers don't seem to have anything on it.

Anyway, why would this be kearney's fault? If anything this excuses him to a certain extent.

Diesel

Referee
Kearney was head coach and tas head coach should be accountable for what goes on

JoeD

First Grade
Nup. Kearney is responsible for game plans, selections, training regimes. He is definitely not responsible for f**kwit players drugging themselves before potentially the biggest match of their careers. It's called personal responsibility.

Scott

Bench
Nup. Kearney is responsible for game plans, selections, training regimes. He is definitely not responsible for f**kwit players drugging themselves before potentially the biggest match of their careers. It's called personal responsibility.

Agree 100%.

Kearney has no way of knowing or controlling what players do in their hotel rooms!

Latest posts