What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worldwide influence of You Am I

Ron Jeremy

Coach
really? then i guess they must have had a platinum album overseas i guess to show this alledged popularity...

Keep clutching at straws, You am I fans are like AFL fans; they really think the world gives a sh*t about them, they are nobodies, no one apart from a very few like them, you cannot live this way Fish, it will send you insane ;)

Tommy Smith

Referee
Never heard of 'em.

For a second i thought this thread was going to be about that Sean Penn movie 'I am Sam'.

OVP

Coach
I bought the Hi Fi Way album for $10 at Redeye many moons ago. I never made the end.

Alex28

Coach
really? then i guess they must have had a platinum album overseas i guess to show this alledged popularity...

Keep clutching at straws, You am I fans are like AFL fans; they really think the world gives a sh*t about them, they are nobodies, no one apart from a very few like them, you cannot live this way Fish, it will send you insane ;)
Celine Dion would have dozens of platinum albums...what is your point champ?

The arguement that lots of record sales = better is bullsh*t. There would be hundreds of artists we collectively don't like that have sold more records than the bands we do like. It doesn't make them any better or any more influential - it just means that more people with poor taste in music forked out money for rubbish music.

I would have thought you were smarter than that - or at best would have come up with a better arguement point.

Plenty are influenced by You Am I. They aren't the biggest band in the world - nobody said they were. They certainly are influential. No denying that.

carcharias

Immortal
good I am glad people don't like them.

It makes sure the smart ones still get to see them locally.

Who would them to turn out like Jet or fuggen Silverchair?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Celine Dion would have dozens of platinum albums...what is your point champ?

The arguement that lots of record sales = better is bullsh*t. There would be hundreds of artists we collectively don't like that have sold more records than the bands we do like. It doesn't make them any better or any more influential - it just means that more people with poor taste in music forked out money for rubbish music.

I would have thought you were smarter than that - or at best would have come up with a better arguement point.

Plenty are influenced by You Am I. They aren't the biggest band in the world - nobody said they were. They certainly are influential. No denying that.

who then? who of any significance have modelled their playing on You am I? how many bands that are world famous have said that You am I were their biggest influence?

If they were that good they would've

a) Had atleast a platinum album to verify this popularity
b) Atleast play some frikken decent arena in OZ so the huge stampede of people wanting to attend could go
c) Play decent music, their music is tripe, simplistic and woeful to listen too, the vast majority agree.

As for Celine Dion? well she has an incredible voice, so yes she has talent. And why compare different genres while we're at it? lets compare Rock to Rock not Rock to Pop.

Albums sold shows interest, no sales no interest, sorry pal, if you're good you will sell these albums as people would want to buy them.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Van Halen are influential, they sold the albums and inspired million, You am I inspired some Uni geniuss with stupid beatles hair cuts an jackets full off 'save the whales' badges, they can't even sell-out local pubs in OZ!! haha

Ron Jeremy

Coach
lol nah they are influential hahahaha no one gives a sh*t about them! no one never has! TISM could even get a gig in Seattle amongst all the other 16 year olds, it's no big achievement!

sydraider

First Grade
:lol:

Tim Rogers or what ever his name is should be greatful to be in such company I guess.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Tim Rogers or what ever his name is should be greatful to be in such company I guess.

As crappy as Fresh Prince was, ffs atleast he got some sales :lol:

Nah but Tim Rogers uses good chord progressions in his songs:lol: lol like chord progression is so f**king hard to do, stick to Newtown with all the other hammeroids

Ron Jeremy

Coach
won't be long till Paddy and Selma ( Carch & Fish) revisit and list nothing Seattle groups and events to justify their stories.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Chord progression is never hard when you only use 3 of them.

chord progression is what you learn on your second guitar lesson, week after you learn the basic open chords lol

Love to see Tim attempt Eruption or the solo to Beat it, John Mayer tried and we all know how that solo ended:lol: