What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst acting ever

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Jean Claude Van Damme
Steven Seagal
Nicholas Cage
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwartzenegger
Chuck Norris
and some more I've probably missed.

Bullshit and impossible "action" does not equate into a good movie but when combined with the idiots listed above, the movie is usually a total farce.

LESStar58

Referee
Just watched a bit of underbelly, and Mathew Newton knocked down Ian Roberts with an open hand slap that had him on the ground clutching his belly for 10 minutes.
Turned it off right there.

The first Underbelly was shite. Didn't bother with the rest.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Airport 75 was on tv not long ago and I watched it because I needed a good laugh, the acting all through the movie is so bad.

Danish

Referee
Heather Graham is about the worst actress I’ve ever seen who has had a substantial career.

Best example is her cameo on Sex and the City. Despite being a leading lady in various major Hollywood movies, she is less believable than Stan Lee’s efforts when he randomly wanders into the shot in Marvel films

King hit

Coach
She wasn't to bad in the Hangover but I haven't watched that for at least a couple of years.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Not so much bad acting although some of it in this scene is still bad but this would go as one of the worst special effects ever, what could have been a very chilling horrific scene just ends in fits of laughter because of the bad effect.

vvvrulz

Coach
Jean Claude Van Damme
Steven Seagal
Nicholas Cage
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwartzenegger
Chuck Norris
and some more I've probably missed.

Bullshit and impossible "action" does not equate into a good movie but when combined with the idiots listed above, the movie is usually a total farce.

Not always true, in many cases, these guys didn't get asked to do much. The stuff they starred in was almost never reflective of acting ability.

Norris is a truly terrible actor, but let's be fair he was only ever in C grade shit.

Wrestlers-turned-actors are absolutely shocking, aside from Bautista and The Rock.

Seagal is incredibly lazy and full of it, but even he brought a half decent game in Under Seige and Executive Decision. Machete got a good slimy villain out of him.

JCVD (very very slowly) improved with time and turned in some reasonable acting chops in the 2000s. Kept in shape too and always admire that.

Stallone can act, particularly when he parked his tough guy act in Cop Land.

Dolph Lundgren (not on your list) often rose above his B grade crap with some genuine charisma and could've done better if given decent movies.

Schwarzenegger can act, ridiculous accent aside he generally knew what he was doing in front of the camera. Standouts are a pretty convincing tough-but-scared-shitless act in the first half of Predator, playing a cyborg (not easy), + showed pretty good comic timing in those 90s screwball comedies (which none of the guys above had).

Cage is a brilliant & underrated actor, the fact that you put him on the 'action hero meatheads' hall of fame speaks for itself. When given the right material the man can do anything, his work in Face/Off alone was f-king incredible but add Matchstick Men, Adaptation, Lord of War, there is a lot of versatility there. Unfortunately, he has a penchant for choosing crap movies and he sticks out like a sore thumb when he goes into ham mode.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I don't think Cage's ability is the problem as he has shown multiple times in his career.

Just started phoning it in and stopped caring at about the tine ghost rider came out. Is the Tony Williams of hollywood