What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Defender

Paul Condon

Juniors
Mark McLinden was a proverbial speed bump

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i like that

preston campbell like that too but at least he does slow them down. i think tackling rehab is needed for walker. mate he's a shocker.

JJ

Immortal
There are plenty of poor defenders...

Chris Walker must be the odds on favourite though, how many tries can be scored down one player's wing in GFs..

Other worthy candidates:
David Peachey
Clinton Toopi
Preston Campbell (points for trying hard though!)
Mark McClinden
Brett Kimmorley
Stacey Jones

They're who comes to mind for me though!

Collateral

Coach
David Peachey by a thoouuuusand miles.

He never even tries to tackle. I hate the Sharks, but even I get frustrated when I see this clowns defensive "efforts".

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Stuart Kelly.A deadset liability.At least Hodges' return means we have seen the last of Kelly in first grade.Praise Allah.

Iafeta

Referee
Booyah said:
Red V said:
Booyah said:
Red and Blue Knight said:
Mark Gasnier is an excellent defender. 2nd best in the comp by stats. 1st is Matt Cooper.....go the dragon centres. :clap:

The little ponce is injured so often I'll bet those stats are probably only for the 6 or so he played this season.
Is someone jealous? Vagana :lol:

Let me see.

Established Kiwi Test Centre, widely recognised as one of the best centres in the game, compared to one of the most injury prone and overrated Centres in the game, widely known for relying on his famous last name to get him plaudits.

Hmm..

Vagana is NOT widely recognised as one of the best centres in the game, anymore. As for established, 90% of Kiwis would beg to differ, seeing most peoples predictions for next year, based on how ordinary his form was Vagana does not get in either centres slot for the Kiwis.

JW

Coach
Kelly Patrol said:
Stuart Kelly.A deadset liability.At least Hodges' return means we have seen the last of Kelly in first grade.Praise Allah.

:lol:

JJ

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
oxenham said:
JJ said:
Stacey Jones

Don't think so

Jones is a terrible defender, master of the jersey grab, may as well not be there...hate to say it, but true.

yeah, don't see how people miss that.. he has been great in many regards, but his defending has never been good

aids

Bench
Kris_man said:
Sonny-Bill Williams

i see what your doing here.

actually i think most forwards have pretty defense.
can i see the status for top forwards and tackle effecincy?

i didn't realise easts had much poor dense in the backline, really suprised no one made any effort to target the area, from what i remember they had the best F/A this year.

my pick are amos roberts and utai.

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
Billy Slater. Not only does he have positional problems, he simply can't tackle from what i've seen.

Got to give this a hear hear. The only time I have seen worse than this guy is Russell Richardson against Vagana ask Nigel how much resistance there was to his 5 tries in one match.

Zetland Zoo

Juniors
DJ Raida said:
campbell for mine

Poor ol Preston misses quite a few tackles cause he is first to the ball when it is kicked through so he is often one on one. His size is a problem though.

choisir

Juniors
Zetland Zoo said:
Raiders Plight said:
Billy Slater. Not only does he have positional problems, he simply can't tackle from what i've seen.

Got to give this a hear hear. The only time I have seen worse than this guy is Russell Richardson against Vagana ask Nigel how much resistance there was to his 5 tries in one match.
got to agree Slater is up there with Russel Re-hab

Rambo

Juniors
Don't think Campbell is that bad. He attempts lots of tackles and doesn't have a bad technique. Its just his size which means he misses quite a few.

2 Bad defenders stick out to me are Hunt & Bowen. Probably the best attacking players in the comp but the worst defenders too. These two could only defend as full back otherwise they would be a turnstile.

borat

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
shaun timmins...he has NFI

Charlie, we get the idea you are not a Timmins fan. You can let go it go now.

I don't know if this player is an all around poor defender but Nick Graham's attempted tackle on Mark Riddell before he went on to score a try and post our 50 was probably the worst attempted tackle I have ever seen.

Rambo

Juniors
Lets put it this way, Campbell & Bowen are both about the same size. Yet who would you rather have defending the line? Campbell by a mile so how his name comes up as the worst defender.

Latest posts