What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst ever knights team

RABK

Referee
jamesgould said:
He threw the final pass for Peden's first try (Peden still had lots to do, admittedly), threw the lovely short pass for Simpson to score, threw the pass that put Johns into a gap leading to Kennedy's try, and smashed Luke Burt into touch with about 4 minutes left in the half when Burt had the line wide open. Plus played well in general apart from those moments.

Rudder just owned the whole 01 finals series, pity he didn't play like that a bit more often! But then again, he had a nice pass and was solid in defence, and we were a lot more successful with him there than we are now ... only really 2003 I thought he got really poor. He might have had a better rep if he had never been made to play halfback when Johns was out.

As for the rest of the guys, I thought Piccinelli was a decent player for us (he was only here one season), and Brett Grogan was a great player - very exciting to watch! One of my favourites, his name should be taken off this thread I tell you haha.

I agree that everyone else mentioned was crap though.

Please, trying to credit anything to do with Peden's first try to Rudder. You lost all credibility there. He threw a pass, a pass that forwards throw hundreds of times every round. Peden had it all to do, and did it himself.

The second try was three simple run of the mill passes, they were quick ones though. Buderus > Johns > Rudder > Simpson. It was the timing and angle of Simpsons run that the try should be credited to.

The smashing tackle i'll give to you....somewhat. It was Gidley that made the initial contact that sent Burt towards the touchline though.

Perhaps SFA was harsh, but he did nothing above the ordinary in the GF.

The 2001 preliminary is where he really stood up.

Nuffy

Bench
Agreed, he was a good backrower and may have made a good lock.

But he became another Hagan project, and Rudder paid the penalty.

I'd give the bloke another chance as a backrower / utility.

jamesgould

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
Please, trying to credit anything to do with Peden's first try to Rudder. You lost all credibility there. He threw a pass, a pass that forwards throw hundreds of times every round. Peden had it all to do, and did it himself.

The second try was three simple run of the mill passes, they were quick ones though. Buderus > Johns > Rudder > Simpson. It was the timing and angle of Simpsons run that the try should be credited to.

The smashing tackle i'll give to you....somewhat. It was Gidley that made the initial contact that sent Burt towards the touchline though.

Perhaps SFA was harsh, but he did nothing above the ordinary in the GF.

The 2001 preliminary is where he really stood up.

Lost all credibility? Haha, whatever! It still goes down as a try assist, and as I said, Peden did most of the work.

Better judges than me have said Rudder was one of the best on-field that night.

Cobra Kai

Juniors
Russel Wyer and Tony Herman are absolute must selections for this side. Not to mention Jason Hoogerwerf.

K-Man

Bench
I'm pretty sure I remember us putting in a kick from a scrum about 30m out from our line for Greg Smith to chase, and if my memory is correct ge won the race easily. That was all he ever did worth mentioning (and I don't know for sure that he even did THAT!) lol

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
jamesgould said:
He threw the final pass for Peden's first try (Peden still had lots to do, admittedly), threw the lovely short pass for Simpson to score, threw the pass that put Johns into a gap leading to Kennedy's try, and smashed Luke Burt into touch with about 4 minutes left in the half when Burt had the line wide open. Plus played well in general apart from those moments.

Rudder just owned the whole 01 finals series, pity he didn't play like that a bit more often! But then again, he had a nice pass and was solid in defence, and we were a lot more successful with him there than we are now ... only really 2003 I thought he got really poor. He might have had a better rep if he had never been made to play halfback when Johns was out.

As for the rest of the guys, I thought Piccinelli was a decent player for us (he was only here one season), and Brett Grogan was a great player - very exciting to watch! One of my favourites, his name should be taken off this thread I tell you haha.

Ben

Bench
Come on, lay off Rudder, he was a Premiership winning five-eighth remember. Fittler was a premiership winning five-eighth so Fittler and Rudder must be very similar players. :lol:

snapper

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
:lol: WTF? Care to explain that one....

Rudder was close to man of the match in the win that got us there the week before vs the Sharks, but as for the actual GF Rudder did SFA.

Watch te game again mate, and try to be a bit impartial. Most people would agree that Rudder was no where near what you'd call a text book 5/8, but in that game he had every bit as good a game as Johns.

Agree with James Goulds comments, hit the nail on the head mate

roopy

Referee
Worst in Hagan's time;

Young
Josh Smith
Jamie Fitzgerald
Gavin Quinn
Justin Ryder
Todd Bates
James Wynne
Tim Maddison
Blake Mueller
Matt Jobson
Craig Hall
Kevin Henderson
Kurt Hancock

Johns Magic

Referee
roopy said:
Worst in Hagan's time;

Young
Josh Smith
Jamie Fitzgerald
Gavin Quinn
Justin Ryder
Todd Bates
James Wynne
Tim Maddison
Blake Mueller
Matt Jobson
Craig Hall
Kevin Henderson
Kurt Hancock

I actually rated Hall. Shocking under the high ball, but he put his body on the line every match and had a bit of toe.

Neil Sweeney was useless at the Knights, but seemed to manage at the Cowboys. Either way, he's worse than Hall ever was.

roopy

Referee
Johns Magic said:
I actually rated Hall. Shocking under the high ball, but he put his body on the line every match and had a bit of toe.

Neil Sweeney was useless at the Knights, but seemed to manage at the Cowboys. Either way, he's worse than Hall ever was.
I put in Hall as a second rower.
I think he had only one game in the position - but spent a little bit of time there in other games.
He tried, but didn't measure up.

Johns Magic

Referee
roopy said:
I put in Hall as a second rower.
I think he had only one game in the position - but spent a little bit of time there in other games.
He tried, but didn't measure up.

Sorry, didn't realise it was a team line-up.

roopy

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Sorry, didn't realise it was a team line-up.
No worries.
I actually found it hard to find forwards who were really terrible.
I had to put Mueller in as hooker - because he was a fair forward, but pretty ordinary hooker.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
jamesgould said:

Rudder had a great game in the 2001 grand final. He kennedy and johns were all close to MOM. But when it comes to a player that played 5/8 and you can actually remember the one or 2 good games he played well, you know he was very ordinary.

Rudder had a tackling technique similar to carmont last year. He wouldn't go in with his shoulder. Instead he would go front on and reach his arms forward. This resulted in meters gained and MANY offloads by the other team. He did many hospital passes and I can;t remember a single kick that resulted in a line drop out [he attempted at least 20 times].

Pinccinelli was a good defender, but he was poor with the ball. He submitted in tackles and I caqn;t remember him making over 10 meters in a run in a whole year.

Grogan was sh!thouse. Played well in reserve grade, but did nothing in first grade. He had the worst hands of anyone I can remember and could miss tackles.

Doctor

Bench
aqua_duck said:
Michael Young (when he was a fullback)
Blake Mueller
Todd Bates
Rusty Richardson

Gees Louise that's harsh on Young. The bloke played probably three games of first grade, all at the last minute because the regular fullback (normally O'Davis) pulled out on match day. Two were very solid performances and the third was only marred by a stuff-up in goal where Young fell over and Gasnier (I think) ended up scoring... he is far from our worst, and doesn't deserve to be there.

I thought Henderson didn't do too badly in his short stints in the top grade -- he was one of our better players.

If these two are included, I'd have to get Mark Hughes in there too -- a pretty ordinary player for the most part.

Latest posts