What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst halfback in NRL 2011

Worst halfback?

• Total voters

Apey

Staff member
It's unfortunate Dureau has moved on and cannot compete in this thread :sarcasm:

Ausguy

Coach
Tim Smith goes alright. Sometimes he's guilty of trying too hard. Let's face it, how well could he play inside a backline uncapable of finding a hole in a 2 dollar hooker.

Ha ha that same backline didn't have a problem finding holes in your team of hookers last year. Twice.

Gaba

First Grade
Tim Smith is horrid
and
Tim Smith by far. Nobody is even close.

This guy is the dickhead who tackled a player when we had the ball for no reason. He is an idiot of the highest order. Every kick in their 20 goes dead, every pass is a bullet and every tackle is missed. Throw in a sh*t attitude you have one very painful number 7.

He out played mitchell pearce twice

Pearce was the only halfback who smith is capable of out playing

in fact Brain smith had to get the binoculars out in the grand final , wondering where the hell pearce went hiding.
That how bad pearce is

the nsw players they had to make sure there was actually 13 players on the field, pearce went missing that badly

The roosters are no chance if carney is unfit due to recovering from injury and relying on pearce to actually do something other then the kick .

Brian smith will have to get his binoculars out again when the pressure is on pearce will be no where to be seen.

In fact this year smith will have to buy the 16 players who are name in the team binoculars to make sure pearce is on the field

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's a c**k, but Sandow was good last year and this year I reckon he'll be an absolute gun.

Terrible defender and I hope he gets punched in the mouth but the kid has skills.

Tim Smith has skills (ordinary running game though) and has good size and good defence.

From '05 to '07 he was excellent. 2008 he only played 3 games and f**ked off to England.

2009 he was excellent for Wigan but he got injured.

2010 he was average in a poor team but he had a couple of good games. Behind a strong pack he might have a blinder in 2011.

I vote Mortimer to have a worse year than Sandow or Smith. But I think he'll improve a lot and somebody not on this list will be the worst half in the NRL this year - Cherry-Evans is a rookie under a lot of pressure and Hodkinson has second season syndrome to look forward to.

Sandow will probably have a massive 2011, and Tim Smith certainly could. Mortimer will be average, which is fine for a 21 year old with less than 40 first grade games.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
yeah i cant help myself , pearce gets me fired up so much i lose it and dont think straight

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sandow's "defence" has him winning by the length of the straight. Mortimer next worst, Tim Smith is a complete player IMO just lacking in confidence and playing in a team with only one or two other real quality players.

aussies1st

Staff member
If you are going halfback then Mortimer, still don't see him as a halfback hes a 5/8 for me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow's "defence" has him winning by the length of the straight.

Sandow's defence doesn't change the fact his attack is excellent. But it does detract from Souths' defence overall, considering he defends next to Sam Burgess, who is essentially a front-rower playing out wide, and who also misses a lot of tackles.

Compounding this is Dave Taylor on the other side of the field. Another front-rower playing out wide who misses a lot of tackles and worse, doesn't make a lot in the first place.

All three are great attacking players however. Expect Souths to break some pointscoring records this year.

the1

Juniors
You could have listed some more halfbacks on that list. While Souths' halves pairing is questionable at best, I think Sandow is a much better player than Sutton.

From your list I went with Smith.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
All three are great attacking players however. Expect Souths to break some pointscoring records this year.
I agree that Souths have a lot of potential points in them but I reckon Luke is the key man in their team because he has something that very few players
have - vision to see what's going to happen 2 or 3 plays ahead. Sandow's role has got to be to be ready to go when Luke goes.

For all the bullsh*t written about souths (including by me at times) Souths have a pretty decent array of attacking players - Burgess, Luke, Inglis, Sutton, Taylor, Sandow. They still won't win it this year though.

Last edited:

Von

Juniors
I'd put at least 3 quarters of the Sandow votes down to Souths haterism.

When I voted I stated my reasons, so I would not be accused of just "voting against Souths".
I voted and gave my reasons for doing so. That is my opinion. That is my right to cast a vote.

As I was voting I thought BM will chime in with the old "everyone hates us" tag.
Well surprise surprise he has.

You gotta grow up BunniesMan and fast.
You are 1 angry little 20 year old.
Grow up and get that chip of your shoulder.

Cue nasty reply.....