What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst halfback in NRL 2011

Worst halfback?

• Total voters

aids

Bench
Special K sealed the deal.
Tim "Dickhead" Smith, from the 3 listed.

I'm sure there are worse half backs out of all the NRL teams though.
is Raviolli playing next year?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Smith by the lenght of the straight. At least the other 2 are young and can potentially become good to very good players.

Smith has been around for a long time now and offers nothing and has no improvement left in him

typicalfan

Coach
id take Sandow any day of the week over Smith. Both inconsistent but at least Sandow tries to put his body on the line.

Smith is too erratic and loose to get back to 2005, he is too easily targeted in defense and doesnt seem to have a lot of match awareness. With Barrett at least he had a halves partner that he was used too having played with him in the ESL but he still struggled.

mongoose

Coach
Mortimer

There is nothing in his game than even suggests he should be a halfback. The other 2 can atleast kick and pass.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd put at least 3 quarters of the Sandow votes down to Souths haterism. I voted Mortimer, but I forgot how bad Smith was.

Like Perth Tiger said, Sandow and Mortimer are young and have good potential. I'm expecting both to have successful years.

Also, such a widespread question like this, would it have killed the guy who made the poll to include a few more options?

Loudstrat

Coach
Mortimer

There is nothing in his game than even suggests he should be a halfback. The other 2 can atleast kick and pass.
Which is why he's mainly a pivot.

No votes for Wallace or Hodgkinson (ok, you can't vote for them, but.....)

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Tim 'Greedy" Smith. Remember his first season when he chip kicked from his own quarter and it was dubbed the work of a genius?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Tim Smith by far. Nobody is even close.

This guy is the dickhead who tackled a player when we had the ball for no reason. He is an idiot of the highest order. Every kick in their 20 goes dead, every pass is a bullet and every tackle is missed. Throw in a sh*t attitude you have one very painful number 7.

Thats what I would have said.

gronkathon

First Grade
I'd put at least 3 quarters of the Sandow votes down to Souths haterism.

Funnily enough you don't have to feel anything for Souths to realise how truly terrible he can be. His brain explosions and the one game where Tuiaki ran over him 3 times to score.

Throw in a cockiness beyond his talent and the worst missed tackle stats in a season from memory and it is easy to base your rating of the kid on nothing but evidence

Latest posts