What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst player in the NRL?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
dubby said:
Matt Gafa or Nuffy Covell. These guys must have the same mum.

Barnstorming , Breathtaking , Unbelievable and Human aren't many words you associate with modern day rugby league players, but for Luke Covell, these words dont go astray. A veteran, yet a rookie, only playing 43 First Grade Games , Luke has touched the hearts of the rugby league community with his ever going sense of humour and laid back approach.

His on field brilliance, His dont miss goalkicking style, his olympic gold medalist running style, immaculate field positioning and 'safer than an alarm' approach under the high ball has ensured him one of the moist talked about names in league , along the way representing Country , NSW and hopefully New Zealand.

If all these things make a bad player, then Luke Covell is one of the worst.

dubby

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Barnstorming , Breathtaking , Unbelievable and Human aren't many words you associate with modern day rugby league players, but for Luke Covell, these words dont go astray. A veteran, yet a rookie, only playing 43 First Grade Games , Luke has touched the hearts of the rugby league community with his ever going sense of humour and laid back approach.

His on field brilliance, His dont miss goalkicking style, his olympic gold medalist running style, immaculate field positioning and 'safer than an alarm' approach under the high ball has ensured him one of the moist talked about names in league , along the way representing Country , NSW and hopefully New Zealand.

You must be his Mum! No-one else could spill such cr*p and believe its true.
Covell is the exact opposite of what you have said. In fact, its so wrong it should be illegal.

brokendigit

Juniors
dubby said:
You must be his Mum! No-one else could spill such cr*p and believe its true.
Covell is the exact opposite of what you have said. In fact, its so wrong it should be illegal.

I can't believe that people still bother...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Czislowski - there was a reason why the broncos let him go
tom learoyd lars - see above
scott minto - running sideways 15m from dummy half is useless unless you eventually go forward

peter panania or whatever that 13okg guy from canberra who got smashed and injured the first time he took the ball up

garrick morgan

bulgarelli

ledzep

Bench
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:

:D:D:D

HevyDevy

Coach
Hmmm, interesting.

Well anyway I'd like to propose that Simon Mannering is indeed the worst player ever to grace an NRL field. In seven appearances this season he offered nothing, failed to score a try, was consistently caught out of position, bombed at least half a dozen opportunities and was a constant worry every time the opposition kicked in his direction.

In fact, I think back to the days of the great Paul Carige who was often a liability but at least offered something on a good day. I recall a cracking length of the field try he scored against Newcastle at Parra Stadium in early 1998 - brilliant!!

Mannering doesn't even offer that. He is woeful.

Scott

Bench
HevyDevy said:
Hmmm, interesting.

Well anyway I'd like to propose that Simon Mannering is indeed the worst player ever to grace an NRL field. In seven appearances this season he offered nothing, failed to score a try, was consistently caught out of position, bombed at least half a dozen opportunities and was a constant worry every time the opposition kicked in his direction.

In fact, I think back to the days of the great Paul Carige who was often a liability but at least offered something on a good day. I recall a cracking length of the field try he scored against Newcastle at Parra Stadium in early 1998 - brilliant!!

Mannering doesn't even offer that. He is woeful.

That is ridicoulous. He has been playing the game for 2 years and is only 19 or 20. Give the kid a break and let him develop. He is already a better centre than Carmont, Franze, Galea, Phelps, Gafa and a few more.

Be patient with Mannering. He'll develop into a first rate player.

HevyDevy

Coach
Hey, I don't expect miracles - especially in a useless side with a shocking coach - but I do expect SOMETHING.

He's a centre yet he can't hit a gap nor can he create anything with speed or footwork. Even Toopi with his lack of confidence and hands like feet is a far better proposition.

Case closed :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anyone suggesting Mannering needs to have their head examined. I'm not a Warriors fan, but I've seen enough games to know he's not even the worst in a bad lineup, let alone the worst in the NRL.