What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst player in the NRL?

Scott

Bench
HevyDevy said:
Hey, I don't expect miracles - especially in a useless side with a shocking coach - but I do expect SOMETHING.

He's a centre yet he can't hit a gap nor can he create anything with speed or footwork. Even Toopi with his lack of confidence and hands like feet is a far better proposition.

Case closed :D

It would help if he had someone playing inside him capable of throwing a pass to put him in a gap.

You are a joke!

Special K

Coach
David Simmons

followed by saucehead Galloway

Wonder if the Tigers would take Simmons off our hands...

HevyDevy

Coach
Scott said:
It would help if he had someone playing inside him capable of throwing a pass to put him in a gap.

You are a joke!

Sorry, I naturally assumed that Stacey Jones was a decent playmaker ...

HevyDevy

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:
Anyone suggesting Mannering needs to have their head examined. I'm not a Warriors fan, but I've seen enough games to know he's not even the worst in a bad lineup, let alone the worst in the NRL.

Hmmm ... wrong!

Please list these supposed 'worse Warriors'

wittyfan

Referee
Special K said:
David Simmons

followed by saucehead Galloway

Wonder if the Tigers would take Simmons off our hands...

They took Matthew "Butterfingers" Rieck off our hands so Simmons is a real possibility.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
And how can anyone bag Mannering? He's a back row foward thrown into the centres/on the wing by a dud coach with no chance to develop and people nominate him in the worst player in the NRL at age 19? Some people on this forum need their heads checked, seriously.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Please list these supposed 'worse Warriors'
Epalahame Lauaki - Where'd all of those big wraps go?
Tony Martin - Hahahahahahaha
Karl TeMata
Evarn Tuimavave - See Tony Martin
Richard Villasanti - One good season. sh*t ever since

Iafeta

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
Epalahame Lauaki - Where'd all of those big wraps go?
Tony Martin - Hahahahahahaha
Karl TeMata
Evarn Tuimavave - See Tony Martin
Richard Villasanti - One good season. sh*t ever since

Villa's gone okay.

But you can add Monty and Toopi to that list. Possibly Francis Meli. Tevita Latu is another one who went completely off the boil.

You're right though, anyone who is dragging Simon Mannering down is beyond contempt. Deadset, what is he, 18-19? He's played his entire career at centre/backrow, and Tony Kemp shoves him out as a makeshift winger against the red hot Eels.

He got caught out badly on several occaisions, it was a very poor performance, and one you'd seriously drag the one fella over the coals for -.... if he was, or pretended to be a winger. Winger is a very difficult position to defend at, you're the last man along the chain, and worst, a lot of the time positionally you're only as good as the bloke inside you allows you to be, and even on that night, Jerome Ropati was no saint.

His other appearances at centre have been very solid. Good defender technically, on his NRL debut came on and cemented a game for the Warriors - all be it against the Broncos who at that stage were on fire. First touch set up a try, two/three minutes later stopped a promising movement by putting Hodges over the sideline.

... Back to the topic at hand, worst players for mine are Clinton Toopi, Epalahame Lauaki and Ben Czislowksi.

bluenwhite

Juniors
jono078 said:
IMO that Dallas Mcillwain was horrible at centre!
that's because he's a lock, not a centre.

well anyway i'd have to say chris walker, brett finch, and butterfingers i mean charlie tonga.

HevyDevy

Coach
I won't back down on this but I will say he has plenty of company in the useless stakes. Ropati is one of the worst defensive players I've ever laid eyes on - truly inept - Betham offers nothing. Meli was a once great winger who has completely lost the plot. Toopi still showed glimpses of magic but in general was an accuident waiting to happen. Faumuina was used terribly by the coach.

I have no doubt Mannering wasn't helped by those around him but his performances weren't just a youngster learning his trade, they were of a player completely out of his depth. Sorry Simon, you've been evicted!!!

*Sigh* what ever happened to those great Warriors sides of 2002-03 ...