What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst player in the NRL?

Iafeta

Referee
HevyDevy said:
I won't back down on this but I will say he has plenty of company in the useless stakes. Ropati is one of the worst defensive players I've ever laid eyes on - truly inept - Betham offers nothing. Meli was a once great winger who has completely lost the plot. Toopi still showed glimpses of magic but in general was an accuident waiting to happen. Faumuina was used terribly by the coach.

I have no doubt Mannering wasn't helped by those around him but his performances weren't just a youngster learning his trade, they were of a player completely out of his depth. Sorry Simon, you've been evicted!!!

*Sigh* what ever happened to those great Warriors sides of 2002-03 ...

Those sides were made by faith in youngsters who showed potential, and that potential era was gone by a turn against those youngsters. Then, from there we cast aside players who'd played less games than Mannering and lost our potential again.

HevyDevy

Coach
More than faith, they were made by players with immense talent but no refinement being taught how to brign those talents to the fore. That's where Daniel's expertise is missed. The Warriors hierarchy made the mistake of taking the fallout from Anderson's sacking personal and proceeded to weed out all of his influences within the club including players. Notice that the first players booted out were the ones Daniel brought to the club? It was a shocking case of mismanagement and I hope Ivan and Wayne etc are able to turn that around because there is still a lot of talent at that club ...

... just not if Mannering is on the field :D

parra_princess

Juniors
Ashley Graham is a massive dud. He plays with no confidence and has very few skills as a football. Can run sideways pretty good. Can't catch, can't make yards, can't tackle, can't finish off a play or fall on a ball he is just the worst player ever. I can't wait until Parra get rid of him.

The unfortunate thing is Ash started his career off well. Not spectacular but enough for some of us to think he could blossom in the future. When he injured his leg i think the surgeons extracted all his talent as a footballer too.

wittyfan

Referee
joel caine number 1 fan said:
Reick has actually been pretty good in the games hes played the only thing i dont like about him is he doesnt seem too pass :p

I'd love a dollar for each time he's fumbled in his career. :lol:

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Dane Carlaw.. IMO a huge waste of salary cap.. and air. He had so much, but since then has degenerated into one of the softest/worst players in the nrl.

Moffo

Referee
COREY HUGHES

Paul Doolan and Michael Erickson were not much chop either

Never had much time for Stu Gailbraith

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Phillips said:
he's 19 and playing first grade for the broncos..

worst player in the NRL indeed :roll:

Simon Mannering's the same age and plenty here seem keen to stick the boot into him even though he's only played a handful of games. Personally I think it's unfair to tag somebody as a nuffy that early in their career without givingthem a decent chace to develop.

Stranger

Coach
Jake the snake said:
That guy they call sh*tters from the Bulldogs cawalshkikiki he runs backwards. Im glad the dogs signed him up for a few years.

:lol: He would just about win the award no qs asked!