What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

thommo4pm

Coach
Worst decision this weekend so far is the penalty against Soward last night.

Does anybody know what he was actually penalised for?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Worst decision this weekend so far is the penalty against Soward last night.

Does anybody know what he was actually penalised for?

2nd effort tackle. Player on the ground with a defender's hand on him constitutes held. Ref must have seen someone put a hand on him. Bit soft, but silly from Soward anyway as he was just throwing a tanty after losing the ball. Was funny.

gUt

Coach
2nd effort tackle. Player on the ground with a defender's hand on him constitutes held. Ref must have seen someone put a hand on him. Bit soft, but silly from Soward anyway as he was just throwing a tanty after losing the ball. Was funny.

The problem was no one defender had touched Hunt until Soward's power drop.

mongoose

Coach
This wasn't really a costly decision but more an embarassing blunder by Sean Hampstead. A bit sketchy on the details but that game between the Dragons and Eels a few years back where there was a scrum in the final minutes. Score is 2 - 1 to the Dragons. I think the Eels had the feed and then halfway into the scrum Hampstead blows his whistle but then calls play on. The Dragons end up with the ball and score a try while the Eels are all looking at Hampstead like wtf did you blow the whistle for. I'm pretty sure one the Eels players then pushes Hampstead, PJ Marsh maybe? Was incredibly amateurish from Bumstead.

andrew057

First Grade
Sure youre not confusing it with Jeremy Smith who pushed the ref running across after the scrum?

thommo4pm

Coach

go back and watch a replay and tell all of us when a hand was on the Bronco's player before Soward tackled him.

Ref called held after Soward tackled him, then two of your players didn't like it and pulled Soward off him and you get the penalty. Craziest decision I've seen in a long time.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Easily the no try against Idris when the Bulldogs played the Dragons in 2009. It cost us the minor premiership and was without a doubt the worst decision I've seen.

What made it worse was that it wasn't an on the run call, they had the time to sit there and look at it over and over. Each time it was clear it was a try and Coward hadn't been obstructed, but the home ground advantage won over in the end.

Oh here we go again. :lol:

But of course, I've never once heard Bulldog fans mention that Hornby was denied a fair try in the very first minute of that game.

No mention either of how you just had to beat an awful Wests Tigers side in the last round to win, & end up getting smacked.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Quinn NOT getting sent off last night when he nearly took Saus head off. He leapt in the air on a player who is about 5'7", the head was the only place he was ever going to make contact with but nnnooooooooooo the piss weak refs just put it on report and play on

MatthewA

Juniors
Hazem El Masri try in the 2004 grand final.ryan cross held him up then el masri turned over after being held up twice however harrigan called it at try..... even dogs fans laugh at that one today.

Then the roosters have to put up with the morris not out ruling??? yeh it worked in Easts favour to stay loyal.....
lol...

He wasn't held up. Not even close to held up or double movement. A try any day of the week in any era.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Archers efforts in the Australia England test match in 2010 played in Melbounre. Worst consistent reffering display i've seen.

edabomb

First Grade
I remember Stacey Jones slamming the ball down for a try in 1999. It went to the video who ruled it a no try because if the ground wasn't there he would have lost it (ie. no control over the ball apparently).

That was by far the worst I have ever seen, and the stupidest logic I have heard in my life. Pretty sure it was Eddie Ward in the box.

I remember Stacey Jones slamming the ball down for a try in 1999. It went to the video who ruled it a no try because if the ground wasn't there he would have lost it (ie. no control over the ball apparently).

That was by far the worst I have ever seen, and the stupidest logic I have heard in my life. Pretty sure it was Eddie Ward in the box.

OMG, WTF? Stupid thing to say. Lmao

Raider_69

Post Whore
Quinn NOT getting sent off last night when he nearly took Saus head off. He leapt in the air on a player who is about 5'7", the head was the only place he was ever going to make contact with but nnnooooooooooo the piss weak refs just put it on report and play on

LOL send off indeed
your like newcastles answer to skeepe :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
go back and watch a replay and tell all of us when a hand was on the Bronco's player before Soward tackled him.

Ref called held after Soward tackled him, then two of your players didn't like it and pulled Soward off him and you get the penalty. Craziest decision I've seen in a long time.

Frank_Grimes said:
Ref must have seen

Holy f**k. What is it with comprehension around this place.

_Johnsy

Referee

The problem was no one defender had touched Hunt until Soward's power drop.

100% correct gut, Ref didn't call held & no-one even looked like touching Beale. They way Beale squealed after the contact makes me wonder if he's not best suited to netball. Then Wallace grabs Soward and we all know who's next in. Sam Thirdman in starts grabbing Soward, and both pulling him off for completing a tackle..

TBH how we were not given a penalty beggars belief.

Cannot remember the game, I am sure someone will know it. A penalty was reversed.

Anyone remember the game & approx year ?

I'm not reading 15 + pages of ECT being a dumb merkin but I am pretty sure Freddy convinced someone in Origin, probably Harrigan, to reverse a decision. Not sure if it was a penalty or what though.

John Wilshere scored a try for us at Wollongong a few years ago that is still beyond me.

He dropped the ball cold a few metres out from the line, kicked it monumentality after it hit the ground and then chased it into the in goal and grounded it. The video ref awarded it despite the obvious dropped ball with no intention of kicking. Rationale something along the lines of "if it's not awarded a try then every field goal is a knock on"

Latest posts