What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Does it even exist ?

Can't find it, but here is what I was talking about with the different frames.

313ixb4.jpg

33m4x90.jpg

Out!!

Enjoy the game tonight.

Big Pete

Referee
Lockyer's 'No Try' in Origin 3 2002. Denied a great try and basically introduced golden point.

Anasta's 'try' in the 2010 Grand Final. Right up there with Junior Sau's 'try' against the Sharks from this season.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
1989 Grand Final - Bill "the cheat" Harrigan penalising Bruce McGuire for running at an offside marker, on his own 20 meter line.

1989 Bruce macguire penalized for running into a canberra player that was 5m offside

Only time in history it has been penalized

Was wondering when someone would bring that one up. Classic stuff up. Worst refereeing decision i've ever seen. Harrigan penalising him "for not running within the spirit of the game".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDUKtdk6lc

Easily the worst.
Nothing comes close.
And in a Grand Final as well. Harrigan should forever hang his head in shame and apologize to every Tigers fan personally.

MatthewA

Juniors
Easily the no try against Idris when the Bulldogs played the Dragons in 2009. It cost us the minor premiership and was without a doubt the worst decision I've seen.

What made it worse was that it wasn't an on the run call, they had the time to sit there and look at it over and over. Each time it was clear it was a try and Coward hadn't been obstructed, but the home ground advantage won over in the end.

Vic Mackey

Referee
yes but because you lost that you got to play a depleted knights team and the dragons a red hot eels outfit

karma worked that one out

rooster25

Juniors
Hazem El Masri try in the 2004 grand final.ryan cross held him up then el masri turned over after being held up twice however harrigan called it at try..... even dogs fans laugh at that one today.

Then the roosters have to put up with the morris not out ruling??? yeh it worked in Easts favour to stay loyal.....

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Hazem El Masri try in the 2004 grand final.ryan cross held him up then el masri turned over after being held up twice however harrigan called it at try..... even dogs fans laugh at that one today.

we see plenty of these given?

thorson1987

Coach
Duffy going out and Melbourne than getting the scrum tonite. (then a penalty when gidley blew up at it, then marching him another 10m)

Did I miss something in that play because it's got me stuffed where McManus went out, or there was a knock on or forward pass

Vic Mackey

Referee
Easily the worst.
Nothing comes close.
And in a Grand Final as well. Harrigan should forever hang his head in shame and apologize to every Tigers fan personally.

There was a balmain player years later who said that at a function after a few beers harrigan told him he put his arm up the wrong way and then was too embarrassed to change it. I think it was Gary jack. Harrigan has denied this.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Duffy going out and Melbourne than getting the scrum tonite. (then a penalty when gidley blew up at it, then marching him another 10m)

Did I miss something in that play because it's got me stuffed where McManus went out, or there was a knock on or forward pass
This. Cecchin's not even in the top 6 referees so how the f**k did he get a FNF game?

There was a balmain player years later who said that at a function after a few beers harrigan told him he put his arm up the wrong way and then was too embarrassed to change it. I think it was Gary jack. Harrigan has denied this.

For some reason this does not surprise me.
Harrigan is a turd.

Latest posts