What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

Duffy going out and Melbourne than getting the scrum tonite. (then a penalty when gidley blew up at it, then marching him another 10m)

Did I miss something in that play because it's got me stuffed where McManus went out, or there was a knock on or forward pass

Beats me.
What's more surprising is that the commentators didn't make more of a fuss about it.
Then again the Storm can do no wrong.:roll:

LazyDreamer

Bench
Dragons vs Storm, 2009(?), Ryles sent for kicking in the scrum (barely a tap let alone a kick), seconds after his opposing prop had done the same to him. Tho in the ref's defense, it was Ryles...

Mid 90s. Can't recall who the Dragons were playing, but ref Manson penalised Saints 3 times for 'deliberate forward passes'. Two had floated forward, the third wasn't even a forward pass!

Nice Beaver

First Grade
running not in the spirit of the game. what spastic would penalise for that? and in a grand final?

This egotistical piece of shit!! That's who :crazy:

BillHarriganDartBoard.jpg

kurt faulk

Coach
Hands down Morris going into touch during the 2010 Grand Final that led to their first try.

i'm thinking it was the decision that soward had somehow stripped the ball with his thigh that led to the roosters first try in that game.

axl rose

Bench
This egotistical piece of shit!! That's who :crazy:

In his book he says that he never liked the old 5m rule, so he brags that he use to get them back 8 as it made the game more exciting. As Warren Ryan said about him once he was always a "promoter of the contest". He should never have even had the 89 GF as he missed a blatant forward pass in the Souffs vs Raiders semi that led to a Raiders try.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Speaking of Harrigon, his send off of Tallis in Origin was a disgrace in my opinion as well, especially by modern standards.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Speaking of Harrigon, his send off of Tallis in Origin was a disgrace in my opinion as well, especially by modern standards.

2nd best moment in Origin history. Best was the missed double knock-on that led to our match winning try, and which if I recall correctly was what set Gordy off. :)

p.s. Morris was in...

bfoord

Juniors

the send off was actually waranted ... he got sin binned first (complete BS) then he calls Harrigan a f***ing cheat and thats why he got sent off (would have happened with any ref)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
the send off was actually waranted ... he got sin binned first (complete BS) then he calls Harrigan a f***ing cheat and thats why he got sent off (would have happened with any ref)

Exactly, the sin binning was BS, and I really don't blame him for having a crack at Harrigan. I would have as well. The man is a douchebag.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Possibly the only thing Rugby League supporters of every stripe agree on is that Harrigan is a complete douche.

skeepe

Immortal
Duffy going out and Melbourne than getting the scrum tonite. (then a penalty when gidley blew up at it, then marching him another 10m)

Did I miss something in that play because it's got me stuffed where McManus went out, or there was a knock on or forward pass

You did. McManus clearly knocked it forward when batting it back in.

Quigs

Immortal
Hartley, Hartley and Hartley.

"You dont want to win a grand final on a scrum penalty do you?"

Hartley, Hartley and Hartley.

Moffo

Referee
O'donnell not getting sent off for head butting a couple of years ago in the origin game

1989 Bruce macguire penalized for running into a canberra player that was 5m offside

Only time in history it has been penalized

Worst decision ever beats any other mentioned in this thread. Mcguire is the only man to have been penalised for using an offside opponent as a sheperad. It was a 100% penalty to the tigers ever day of the week.

Bill Harrigan made that rule up and should never of refereed another game after that decision. How he is in charge of the referees is beyond me.

I have heard that Harrigan still thinks he made the right call.

thommo4pm

Coach
Worst decision ever beats any other mentioned in this thread. Mcguire is the only man to have been penalised for using an offside opponent as a sheperad. It was a 100% penalty to the tigers ever day of the week.

Bill Harrigan made that rule up and should never of refereed another game after that decision. How he is in charge of the referees is beyond me.

I have heard that Harrigan still thinks he made the right call.

That was bad, and Harrigan still claiming he is right is the worst aspect of the whole thing.

Right up there with Jason Ryles being suspended back in 2000 or 2001 for obstruction. I don't think any Dragons fan could believe he got a weeks suspension for blocking a kicker (no head high, no shoulder charge, simply blocked him).

Latest posts