What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

Eels Dude

Coach
One of the funniest things I ever saw was when Parra thumped Cronulla 74-4 @ Parra and the ref went to town on the Sharks. There was a send off from memory, but can't remember who.

There were two send offs in that game. David Peachey was sent off at half time for dissent. Then it was either Danny Nutley or Chris Beattie sent off in the second half for a high tackle. Both were deserved IMO. There was also a further sinbinning in the second half so at one stage Cronulla only had 10 players on the field. Funniest experience at a game I've ever been too.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Yep it was, because it was just another year that the shield stayed with QLD, confirming their supremacy. Plenty of Blue tards didn't understand this at the time (much like yourself now) and the tears ensued. Was then, and is now pleasing to see.

Followed by the maroon tears when the rule was changed not long after that. Clearly an emotional time for all involved

Wrong, wrong wrong.

I have not stated (banged on) that the ref should have reversed the faalogo penalty. Quite simply, that didn't happen. If you can find any of my quotes where I have typed that the referee should have reversed that penalty, your a genius, because I have not.

I stated that a referee can in fact reverse a penalty if he chooses and even explained the scenario.

It's ok, none will think any worse of you because you assumed that i was referring to that Faalogo penalty when I clearly was not. Man up.

So what the f**k were you on about when you said this you stupid merkin. If this was "the "worst decision ever" what exactly was wrong with it if you aren't referring to the penalty being awarded the other way? ANd a ref still CANNOT reverse a penalty you dumb merkin. He can CANCEL a decision (penalty or otherwise) IF an instance of PRIOR foul play was reported. That is not reversing a penalty.

When Anasta had his head almost punched off by Faalago & 5(c)uff$ were awarded the penalty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEQmVy0ASYA

Worst decision ever, end thread/

whall15

Coach
1704194-3x2-940x627.jpg

Seti

Juniors
ANd a ref still CANNOT reverse a penalty you dumb merkin. He can CANCEL a decision (penalty or otherwise) IF an instance of PRIOR foul play was reported. That is not reversing a penalty.

True.

International Rules of the Game

Appendix D

18. When the referee makes a decision on matters of fact, he/she shall not change that decision unless prior foul play is brought to his/her attention by a touch judge.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Frankie,

The series was drawn. The shield holders retained the shield, QLD did not win that series.

Not upsetting in any way shape or form, just a fact.

I know, just what I said, except you missed an important part:

Frank_Grimes said:
confirming their supremacy

I won't hold it against you, but I will remind you that it's a decision that definitely can't be reversed. ;-)

_Johnsy

Referee
So what the f**k were you on about when you said this you stupid merkin. If this was "the "worst decision ever" what exactly was wrong with it if you aren't referring to the penalty being awarded the other way? ANd a ref still CANNOT reverse a penalty you dumb merkin. He can CANCEL a decision (penalty or otherwise) IF an instance of PRIOR foul play was reported. That is not reversing a penalty.

I was referring to the thread. You know the one titled - Worst refereeing decision ever.

see this, you quoted it and there is no mention of it that penalty should have been reversed.

When Anasta had his head almost punched off by Faalago & 5(c)uff$ were awarded the penalty

Cancelling a decision, then deciding to award a penalty the other way is reversing the decision. I meant one thing, you thought I meant another. No need to pull a hammy getting all worked up. Your assumption has made a complete ass of you.

Danish

Referee
So how does this work with refs changing the decision on who gets the feed at a scrum, or reversing a line drop out to be a 20m restart etc?

They get reversed constantly without any need for foul play.

_Johnsy

Referee
I know, just what I said, except you missed an important part:

I won't hold it against you, but I will remind you that it's a decision that definitely can't be reversed. ;-)

I saw that & ignored it. It didn't warrant turning this thread into another XXXX's state masturbation effort.

Surprised no Dragon's fans have brought up that try at the end of their game against Canberra last year when Dugan (i think) bounced it but the refs awarded it without checking it upstairs.

_Johnsy

Referee
Surprised no Dragon's fans have brought up that try at the end of their game against Canberra last year when Dugan (i think) bounced it but the refs awarded it without checking it upstairs.

Meh, it was against Canberra. Even if we had been awarded a tap with 2 seconds to go we would have found a way to gift it to the raiders.

Seti

Juniors
So how does this work with refs changing the decision on who gets the feed at a scrum, or reversing a line drop out to be a 20m restart etc?

They get reversed constantly without any need for foul play.

Its just accepted in the interests of getting sh1t right. Rulebook needs updating.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
The "strip" call against us in 2010 while playing Brisbane which gave the Broncos what could have been a match winning try.

Every single angle showed the ball simply falling out of folau's hands, but the ref clearly ruled on the assumption that Mini "must" have played at it. Rushed his decision, then literally as the green light is flashing up another angle is shown which shows folau clearly throwing the ball away when he tries to reach out and put it down.

The reaction of the commentary team was absolutely priceless :lol:

Thankfully we managed to score a great try to get the win back.

Ben Barba being awarded that try last year after so clearly bouncing the ball was also ludicrous. Even more so by the fact the NRL actually used it in their promotions this year (with a big ol' fireball added to the shot to hide the fact he isn't holding the ball when it touches down)

i remember that one very well.

i was at that game and i cant remember the last time i was that pissed off about a decision.

you can forgive refs missing things live with the pace of the game. but theres no was no excuse for that decision.

whoever it was should have never reffed again

I was referring to the thread. You know the one titled - Worst refereeing decision ever.

see this, you quoted it and there is no mention of it that penalty should have been reversed.

Cancelling a decision, then deciding to award a penalty the other way is reversing the decision. I meant one thing, you thought I meant another. No need to pull a hammy getting all worked up. Your assumption has made a complete ass of you.
So what was wrong with the decision then? You haven't answered that. If you didn't think the penalty should have been reversed, what made it the "worst decision ever"?

I remember there was a camera angle from behind Hayne as he scooted away. It was what the video ref used to make the decision.

The reverse angle was inconclusive. It didn't prove the foot was on the line at all. At worst it was benefit of the doubt. The video ref is a goose.