What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst refereeing decision you've seen

firechild

First Grade
I remember a pretty bad call on Matt Orford in 09', going for a ball after a grubber and supposedly "impeding" Preston Campbell, that cost Manly the game (up 17-16) as the penalty was right in front of the posts with two minutes to go.

That was an absolutely disgraceful decision. It was the first time the Titans managed to beat Manly and it was an ill-gotten win.

_Johnsy

Referee
So what was wrong with the decision then? You haven't answered that. If you didn't think the penalty should have been reversed, what made it the "worst decision ever"?

He should have been marched, king hitting a player with his head turned to the side. I'll remember to explain everything to the enth degree to you next time.

I remember there was a camera angle from behind Hayne as he scooted away. It was what the video ref used to make the decision.

I don't trust your memory, you probably had XXXX goggles on. Even santa wouldn't trust a QLD'er with those on. :sarcasm:

Can angles be reversed in footy?

Be careful ECT with pull his other hammy. :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The reverse angle was inconclusive. It didn't prove the foot was on the line at all. At worst it was benefit of the doubt. The video ref is a goose.

:lol:

It clearly showed his foot touching the line. NSW papers then picked up the footage from in front and took a still just as his foot came away from the line and started the whole "we was robbed" chorus line about benefit of the doubt.

_Johnsy

Referee

It clearly showed his foot touching the line. NSW papers then picked up the footage from in front and took a still just as his foot came away from the line and started the whole "we was robbed" chorus line about benefit of the doubt.

The same still you used. :shock::shock:

Of course we used the headline. It has been used in the Courier Mail for the best part of the last 100 years.

He should have been marched, king hitting a player with his head turned to the side. I'll remember to explain everything to the enth degree to you next time.

So your "worst decision ever" was because a bloke who was sin binned should have been sent off. Wow. Yeah that's the worst decision ever. You're either a complete mong for thinking that is a terrible decision or you're a f**king liar because you actually thought it was a bad decision because you thought the penalty should have been reversed. Which is it?

M2D2

Bench
Wasnt a king hit.
Anasta did a grapple tackle. Punchy got up and punched him Its not like the danny williams one where he was in the process of walking away. He was still at f**king marker.
Youre a deadset dropkick.
The ref got it 100% Correct. One punch does not equal a send off unless its in the Danny williams style.
Which that was not.

_Johnsy

Referee
So your "worst decision ever" was because a bloke who was sin binned should have been sent off. Wow. Yeah that's the worst decision ever. You're either a complete mong for thinking that is a terrible decision or you're a f**king liar because you actually thought it was a bad decision because you thought the penalty should have been reversed. Which is it?

I don't know if you were dropped on your head numerous times as a baby, but I did not state that penalty should have been reversed. I have explained what I meant numerous times. It's an opinion. No need to get all upset princess. Is that because you made yourself to look like the King of Ass assumptions. It's ok, Go and grab a nice cold girly drink with an umbrella and take 5 minutes off. It was a blatant thug act that could have caused serious head injuries, simple concept. Send off every day of the week.

d3c1eba3-78e2-4a42-bae1-de3a0aaa0e45

Off you go champ, the first one is on me.

Wasnt a king hit.
Anasta did a grapple tackle. Punchy got up and punched him Its not like the danny williams one where he was in the process of walking away. He was still at f**king marker.
Youre a deadset dropkick.
The ref got it 100% Correct. One punch does not equal a send off unless its in the Danny williams style.
Which that was not.

His arms were down and his head was looking to the side. Anasta was not directly facing him, he didn't see it coming. So IMO it's a king hit. Again it's only an opinion.

Last edited:
I don't know if you were dropped on your head numerous times as a baby, but I did not state that penalty should have been reversed. I have explained what I meant numerous times. It's an opinion. No need to get all upset princess. Is that because you made yourself to look like the King of Ass assumptions. It's ok, Go and grab a nice cold girly drink with an umbrella and take 5 minutes off. It was a blatant thug act that could have caused serious head injuries, simple concept. Send off every day of the week.
I asked whether you're a mong for calling that "the worst decision ever" or a liar because no one with half a brain would call that the "worst decision ever". It's one or the other.

Parra Pride

Referee
Tony Archer's dud call with 6 minutes to go in the '09 GF that all but decided the game, Slater loses it cleanly and somehow gets a f**king penalty out of it.

Latest posts