What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you follow league if your club died/merged/relocated!!

Would you still follow league?

• Yes

Votes: 76 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 52 32.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 32 20.0%

• Total voters

Kiki

First Grade
i could probably cope (barely) if we merged with the Sharks....as long as we kept our Red V. but i dunno how more hardcore fans could.

i dunno though, is it fair to make teams that have already merged merge again?? where does that leave people from the Illawarra u know? also what the hell would we be called...the Shagons?? Darks? oh god its all too horrifying.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Too be honest i would probably watch the odd match every couple of weeks, But not to the level i do know. Might take higher interest in other sport such as AFL, Rugby etc then eventually adopt a side after the 5 year devestation period.

That'd be the way id go i recon
id give AFL/Union a try, after some stubborness and some of the pain wearing off id probably adopt a new team, and id say in all certainity being that i was born in penrith and have lived here all my life, i'd be the panthers
But i will say this there is no way i could not watch the sport, id be watching as many games but i just wouldnt have the passion as id be a neautral fan

Last edited:

dragonfan1

Juniors
i may support another team (probably roosters or eels) if my team died or go watch union. Never, ever going to watch aerial ping pong.

AILD

Bench
if the storm died....i would stop supporting league altogether.

if they were relocated ild still support them.

merged...dunno.

yappy

Bench
Been there, done that - passionate about the Magpies in NSW Cup and Junior Reps, couldn't give a toss about the NRL.

_Johnsy

Referee
if the storm died....i would stop supporting league altogether.

Wow a real rugby league fan here ladies and gents. I suppose you still have AFL, right ?

I am amazed at the amount of people who would brush RL alltogether, is your club bigger than the game ?

What attracted you to the greatest game of all, the club or the game ?

bazza

Immortal
If Parramatta merged and became some Western Sydney team I doubt I would go to many games. I don't live in the area any more so would not be inclined to follow them.

I might follow the original Eels team in the NSW cup or watch more Newtown games.

I would still watch on TV and go to Kangaroo's games

My interest in other sports would be a similar level to what it is now

Last edited:

Raging Rabbit

juniors
Wow a real rugby league fan here ladies and gents. I suppose you still have AFL, right ?

I am amazed at the amount of people who would brush RL alltogether, is your club bigger than the game ?

I'll be honest Johnsy, it was the club.

And my loyalty to my club is such that if there is no Souths, the game won't exist in my eyes and by right of passage, nor in the eyes of my offspring.

Inferno

Coach

No way is the club bigger than the game, but I don't really care. Personally I put the sharks ahead of the game though, selfish I admit. Perhaps if we'd had a decent run in the past, and won a few premierships it would be different, but right now I just want us to win 1, on our own, then they can do whatever they want to us.

By the looks of the poll though, doesn't seem I'm on my own.

You merge the clubs, and you might increase crowd attendance numbers as the "diehards" or those happy with a merger still go, but I think overall you will be losing fans to the game altogether.

Definitely, I watch league because I like the game, I enjoy watching any game of RL no matter who is playing, I could adapt to changes regarding my favourite side. Support the game not the team.

shinobi

Juniors
If the Warriors folded i would go back to the Tigers who were my team when i first came over from NZ.