What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow....

Bay56

First Grade
*memo: remember to give lotm a big hows your father if season 2005 aint as rosey as he thought it would be*

mate I'll tell you right now that if Elliot doesnt pull his finger out and get some spirit and attacking football back in the team we'll all be feeling sorry for each other by seasons end.

And yes imo season 2005 aint going to be pretty and thats why I'm not looking forward to it. That said I'm hoping that I'll be wrong and that I can come on this forum and congratulate all you guys who more faith in management/coach than I have. So far most of my predictions about Elliot have come true (with the exception of 2003).

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't think Elliott has any idea how attacking football is done. He is an ex forward. He doesn't have the skills or knowledge necessary. He needs that brought in with his assistant coaches...... We better have it brought in next season ...SOMEHOW!!!!!

Kris_man

Bench
i knew a lot of you would somehow manage to point out problems with the ref's game. what a joke, give the refs a f**king break. i watched the first 50 minutes (then i went to work), and the ref was great. i am so f**king sick of ref-bashing.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay, I was there today in Bay 56. It's where my passes are. It's a shame we couldn't have a chat.

Raider Azz

Bench
kris_man, just because you just became a ref does not mean you have to crawl down the referee's pants after every game. There were some dodgy decisions today and if I as a (former) ref can accept that then you can too.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Bay, I was there today in Bay 56. It's where my passes are. It's a shame we couldn't have a chat.

errr errr yea ... I mean it is a shame
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey hrundi, I decided not to wait for your next instructions re comments on Carney. I hope that was OK :) :)

hrundi99

First Grade
kris_man said:
i knew a lot of you would somehow manage to point out problems with the ref's game. what a joke, give the refs a f**king break. i watched the first 50 minutes (then i went to work), and the ref was great. i am so f**king sick of ref-bashing.

The Raiders didn't play well enough to win and the reffing wouldn't have changed that, but my problem is with consistency and the lack of it.

In a million games this year, the quick tap has been called back. Not so for Wing apparently.

Chalk was tackled in the air.

I thought Schif's binning was an over-reaction. We see things like that often but they aren't binned for it. Wing's push in the back of Schif (?) could also be deemed a professional foul. If it had happened 30 metres up the field, would it have been called? What's the difference.

Consistency is the key for me, whether it's consistently good or bad. At least then it's an even playing field.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
hrundi99 said:

I wrote that and I genuinely meant it. Your diplomacy astounds me.

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
kris_man, just because you just became a ref does not mean you have to crawl down the referee's pants after every game. There were some dodgy decisions today and if I as a (former) ref can accept that then you can too.
my disgust of ref-bashing has nothing to do with my junior referee status. it's completely reasonable to despise ref-bashing, especially when there's nothing to bash. rugby league is about the players and the fans, ideally the referee would not even be talked about. me personally, i love rugby league the game, so i am totally bored by any ref talk.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Bay56 said:
hrundi99 said:

ohh no he's going to follow me all night.

Now listen here hrundi ... I dont wish to be rude but I have no desire to talk to you in person, have a drink, hug, kiss or anything else. You're just not my type. Now cya lata.
:) :lol: :) :lol: :)

azza

Juniors
BTW for all our troubles with finding a playmaker at the moment boy am I glad that buck-toothed w*nk from the Roosters who use to play for us doesn't do so anymore. Did you see the way he gestured to the crowd today after he scored? What an absolute pr*ck, he would have sullied the reputation of this great club if he stayed. The Roosters suit him just fine with Walker and co.

Can't wait to see when Carney smashes him in a tackle and shows him up for the sH**ty player he is.

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
hrundi99 said:
Bay56 said:
hrundi99 said:

ohh no he's going to follow me all night.

Now listen here hrundi ... I dont wish to be rude but I have no desire to talk to you in person, have a drink, hug, kiss or anything else. You're just not my type. Now cya lata.
:) :lol: :) :lol: :)

Delusions of grandeur.

You're a deadset wanker.

Goodnight.

Ultima

Juniors
I agree with the Finch thing... BTW did you guys see is one of three possible picks for winning the Dally M??? That award means f**k all if that happens.... I mean not even Roosters fans would pick him for it....

Raider_69

Post Whore
why not give it to finch
the award means nothing anymore with the bullshit that goes on when johns in fit and on the park... bloke could play 2 minutes and still get 3 points :roll: :roll:

brenno

Juniors
Ultima said:
I agree with the Finch thing... BTW did you guys see is one of three possible picks for winning the Dally M??? That award means f**k all if that happens.... I mean not even Roosters fans would pick him for it....

The Roosters fans on these forums are some of the biggest Homers around. I think they believe Finch should win it. He's a talented player but, he's a deadset wanker. Can't wait to see people turn on him once he realizes how hard life without Freddy really is. Carney will be 10 times the player Finch will ever be, i'm confident of that. That's of course if Elliott actually gives him some more chances other than 10-15mins off the bench.

jed

First Grade
For me, the highlight of the game was the crunch in the 2nd half when Minichello and (??) Walk-out Walker crunched - I was sitting up next to the Raiders Army, and you could hear the hit from up there.

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Bay... Hrundi seems like a good guy... you should be nicer to him.

err , yea OK .... greeneyed his attempts at giving me hell at times on this forum makes him Bay56 enemy No. 1. He has at times tried to put more words into my mouth than would come out of that fine grandstand you sit in during a Raiders game.

Latest posts