What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow....

azza

Juniors
It was deserved actually, stupid stuff from Schif, it was a tough call but I could understand it. And at least the ref gave Woolford the courtesy to explain the decision, he isn't half as bad as some of the other refs IMO (but still some hopeless calls).

Ultima

Juniors
The second one I could have understood, the first, no... The guy wasn't even trying to get up...

Raider Azz

Bench
The penalty that pissed me off the most was when that toss Finch tried to get up to play the ball too quickly and we got penalised for tripping him when he was playing the ball. The bloody tackle hadn't even been finished yet!

greeneyed

First Grade
I sat there for the first 20 minutes and all my nightmares of being beaten by 80 were unfolding. Some really truly awful, incompetent defending. However, the team showed a lot of courage and determination and heart to come back. I honestly thought we were a chance of a come from behind win when the gap narrowed to 6. Rothery's errors really cost us very badly. Who knows what might have happened but for that.

Miller was outstanding, some great efforts from other forwards too.

I don't think Schif did deserve to be binned. The Roosters did stuff just as bad when we were on their line, and no binning. They have to be consistent.

Bay56

First Grade
Greeneyed ... I went to the ground a bit earlier than usual today and thought I might see if I could see you in the grandstand ... I was looking for a 40yr old guy with a lot of Raiders gear on ... a few possiblities.

greeneyed

First Grade
I was wondering how you and Astro and Ferret were going in Bay 56. The Roosters must have brought about at least 5,000 to the game and most of them seemed to sit down there......

Bay56

First Grade
greeneyed said:
I was wondering how you and Astro and Ferret were going in Bay 56. The Roosters must have brought about at least 5,000 to the game and most of them seemed to sit down there......

Most of their supporters were pretty good .... if the friendly banter we had was any indication of their behaviour in general I congratulate them.

legend

Coach
I thought the second half was our best of the year. The boys got the desire back and started playing with a bit of confidence. I thought for the most part Drew was pretty good but Germ was the standout for mine. Top effort from the captain.

Alan Rothery, that was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Canberra player. Even though the Roosters got out to a big lead, Rothery's mistakes killed us in the second half. We had them on toast and his pass was the thing that really killed us.

Miller has a blinder as well. I think our finals chances are shot and I think that is a fair indication of our season. We haven't been good enough to make the finals IMO and do not deserve to be there.

legend

Coach
BTW< I was happy with the loss because the side that ran out today is probably how we will look next year bar Monaghan and I'd rather have Mogg. I think with all the changes, there will be a positive vibe in the club next year. Not sure why, but I'm feeling good about 2005.

Bay56

First Grade
Yep, Miller was great .... late in the game he took the ball up the wing at full stretch and hit a wall of defenders ... he quickly got up, obviously feeling pain, quickly dusted himself off and got back into the line ... great effort.

greeneyed

First Grade
I'm not sure why either Legend.... :lol:

I am seriously unhappy about us not making the finals myself, btw. It has been a very rare year when we don't, since about 1987.

lotm

Juniors
very, very impressed with the effort shown by the boys. if it weren't for some very careless errors from rothery, and some very, very dubious refereeing, the game would have gone down to the wire.

the team will be similar, but with the addition of weyman, frawley, carney, mogg etc.

i'm with you, legend. i'm still excited about next season. i feel sorry for you, bay.

legend

Coach
We missed out in 1999 and 2001. We are an outside chance this year but our fate is not in our own hands. We have to hope the Tigers lose their last two games and the Cowboys beat the Sharks in round 26. Not impossible but I'd be surprised if we made it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
for us to make it

We need to beat souths, The cowboys lose both remaining games against the tigers and sharks but the sharks to lose against the storm
that will snag us 8th spot if my calucations are right

** EDIT: too right leg, either way they need to lose next week

lotm

Juniors
Why is that lotm .... ohh right, the thing I have with Mrs Bay56 and sex and losing
:lol: :lol:

I’m looking forward to the end of the season, no more Bruce Stadium which is my heaven, but who cares. I usually think of season end as “5 months till the next game”.

But worst of all I’m not looking forward to next season. What have we got to look forward to … same coach, same boring tactics, same results, probably worse.

Should I renew my season tickets?, are the Brumbies a better proposition? … ha, no way I would have had these thoughts on my mind before.
nuff said.

Latest posts