What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling Trivia

raz

Juniors
He was a doctor who attended WWF events in Pennsylvania for the state athletic commission. In 1991 he was convicted for selling steroids and other controlled substances. During his trial Zahorian testified that during the time period of November 1988 and March 1990 he sold steroids to Vince McMahon and many wrestlers included Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper. Zahorian was sentenced to three years in federal prison and in February 1995 he was released. Zahorians trial was highly publicized and hurt the WWFs image badly.

both of you are right welldone who has the next question

Azkatro

First Grade
Even though I incredibly lamely had the reply window open for more than 10 minutes (as evidenced by the timestamps) while I looked up the answer, I'll take on the next question.

Which ECW wrestler - who was originally billed as a hopeless wannabe, with no real wrestling skills - went on to become adored by ECW fans and become a prominent figure in the title picture?

Azkatro

First Grade
I'll try and be a little more specific. This particular guy was much younger in appearance, and his earliest matches contained no offensive moves whatsoever and he would basically get squashed. His hometown was billed as Buffalo and he wore sweatpants with shorts over them with a long sleeve dragon-printed shirt.

When he finally made his first offensive move, it prompted commentator Joey Styles to exclaim "Oh, my God, oh, my God! His first offensive move!"

Azkatro

First Grade
Sandman is incorrect. Here is a picture:

pic.jpg