What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Nutz

Bench
Agree, but I think we have been doing that, though that said we will probably lose a few, that will bite us, as you know, you can’t keep them all, it happens to all clubs?
How many times in the past have we found a way to stuff things up.
Ok that's it, no more negative stuff from me, when's rd1 start.
I'm ready to go!

Nutz

Bench
Commentry is horrific

I left a sarcy remark lst year on one of their feeds about if this commentator has time during the week to learn and pronounce the Polynesion names properly?
He replied later that night and asked me to help him lol
Aussies can't pronounce Whakatāne :)

Tigerm

First Grade
How many times in the past have we found a way to stuff things up.
Ok that's it, no more negative stuff from me, when's rd1 start.
I'm ready to go!
Agree, we had, but with the systems now in place, you would hope it will be more a mistake (and we don’t know why they made the decision) than being a regular occurrence, though we have been guilty of picking the wrong ones to keep on occasion.
We’ve now got quite a few in our top 30 atm. Which is great.

Tigerm

First Grade
The good trouble we have is, we seem to have a glut of some quality prospects in the halves all of a sudden.

There managers will know, that they are worth a premium.

We won’t be able to keep them all, sadly, but that’s footy.

And really how good they become won’t be known for a few years yet?

Just gotta hope we pick the right ones.

Nutz

Bench
Latu Fainu runs fairly upright similar to Bradley Clyde which is great for eyes up footy.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's an expensive trial though.
How else do they play it though?

I just think we won’t be a serious competitor until at least next year.

Not saying we won’t improve this year though.

But we’ll see how it pans out, we have this feeling every year:(

Ha ha. I said to a friend yesterday that if this guy [commentator] is getting paid for this he should be charged for theft. Are they volunteers?
I think he is on the pay roll for NSWRL. His name is James Sullivan. They call him Sully. Went to watch Matts Semi Finals a couple of years ago and sat by him as he was calling the games. Was at Ringrose Park. Home of Wenty Magpies and his commentry booth was in the stands.

He was prepared, had his notes, match program and a couple of monitors but his delivery on the Surnames was butchered

Tigerm

First Grade
Bit of a mixed result for us?
Though only early.
Where are the RAMS from?

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
We won’t be able to keep them all, sadly, but that’s footy.

And really how good they become won’t be known for a few years yet?

Just gotta hope we pick the right ones.
I think “3-4 years” is the time we will know by

Nutz

Bench
Bit of a mixed result for us?
Though only early.
Where are the RAMS from?
The Western RAMS are Camden mate.

It was a mixed bag but good to see the older lads have a good hit out. Basically these early games could be like having extra trial games especially for Da Silva who might be called on later on in the year as a sub.
Tallyn Da Silva, Heath Mason and Nav Willett each bagged a double in the eight tries to four victory.

The Western RAMS are Camden mate.

It was a mixed bag but good to see the older lads have a good hit out. Basically these early games could be like having extra trial games especially for Da Silva who might be called on later on in the year as a sub.
Tallyn Da Silva, Heath Mason and Nav Willett each bagged a double in the eight tries to four victory.
Actually they are out in the sticks in Western NSW. Way past Bathurst

Nutz

Bench
Just up the road and around the corner for me hahaha
@RHYTHM AND STEALTH
@Tigerm
The Under-18s Laurie Daley Cup is NSW's regional representative competition, renamed after True Blue Laurie Daley in 2018.
The Western Rams used to be in Group 9, has it changed? I can't find anything on them now as it's all on flamin facebook crap which I'm not a member.
It was played at Kirkham Oval, Camden on the weekend I believe. Without knowing to much of the competition now I think it being regional would mean they go to the west country area because what I did find out they have several grounds at which they play....spreading the love.
It's exactly what is needed to keep our great game alive.

Guys I'm wondering why the True Blue Laurie Cup was renamed to the Laurie Daley Cup in 2018? Was it indigenous prob with the name?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
@RHYTHM AND STEALTH
@Tigerm
The Under-18s Laurie Daley Cup is NSW's regional representative competition, renamed after True Blue Laurie Daley in 2018.
Played at Kirkham Oval, Camden on the weekend I believe. Without knowing to much of the competition I think it being regional would mean they go to the country.

Guys I'm wondering why was the True Blue Laurie Cup was renamed to the Laurie Daley Cup in 2018?
No idea.
Except maybe "True Blue Laurie" cup, is an old sponsor's name? but it does sound a bit weird?