What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Nutz

Bench
@RHYTHM AND STEALTH
In the Laurie Daly Cup Gene Wighton is a good little finisher.
If you get a chance have a look at our bench, N⁰16 Kalati and N⁰17 Tuimauga. If you put these two guys side by side you have a replica of the Great Wall of China :)
One thing that stood out is the MWT team had heaps of Polynesian players and the NCB had non. More support and interest in development from us maybe?

@RHYTHM AND STEALTH
If you get a chance have a look at our bench, N⁰16 Kalati and N⁰17 Tuimauga. If you put these two guys side by side you have a replica of the Great Wall of China :)
One thing that stood out is the MWT team had heaps of Polynesian players and the NCB had non. More support and interest in development from us maybe?
Wests Comp is loaded with Polynesian talent. Group 6 loaded with Aussie Talent

@RHYTHM AND STEALTH
His other winger Saint Fuatimau is an outstanding talent to.

He has the best tackle tech i have ever seen from someone that plays in a backline

Nutz

Bench
His other winger Saint Fuatimau is an outstanding talent to.

He has the best tackle tech i have ever seen from someone that plays in a backline
I noticed that too, in fact I'm going to start writing these names down and follow their progress.
I forgot to ask you before champ....I know the Macarthur teams are our feeders and Harold Matts, Jersey Flegg, SG Ball etc are our pathways but what about the rep sides in Laurie Daly and Andrew John - The Northern Tigers...are they affiliated with Balmain or WT?

I noticed that too, in fact I'm going to start writing these names down and follow their progress.
I forgot to ask you before champ....I know the Macarthur teams are our feeders and Harold Matts, Jersey Flegg, SG Ball etc are our pathways but what about the rep sides in Laurie Daly and Andrew John - The Northern Tigers...are they affiliated with Balmain or WT?

Neither

They are based in Tamworth.
Remember this comp is a Regional comp

Nutz

Bench
Neither

They are based in Tamworth.
Remember this comp is a Regional comp
Yep I knew it is a regional rep team, just wondering if the tiger logo meant anything.
Tamworth is getting it's share of exposure again hey as we play there again in rd 10 against the Knights. [May 11 at Scully Park]
If I'm well enough I'm going to try to get there for that game. We should have a chance this time of bringing home the bacon.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter
Balmain SG Ball hooker Jared Haywood has signed with WT for 2024, per his management.

Assume this will be to allow him to play Jersey Flegg once the junior reps season is completed.

Tiger Ted

Bench
NBWT twitter
Balmain SG Ball hooker Jared Haywood has signed with WT for 2024, per his management.

Assume this will be to allow him to play Jersey Flegg once the junior reps season is completed.
Suddenly we have a stack of talented kids who play in the spine.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter

The Wests Tigers have continued to strengthen their junior ranks by signing the current Balmain Tigers SG Ball Cup hooker Jared Haywood on a one-year contract.

A St Marys junior, Haywood was originally a member of the Penrith Panthers Under-15s development squad before making the move to the Balmain Tigers the following year - one of two pathways teams of the Wests Tigers.

The hooker would then spend time representing the Balmain Tigers Harold Matthews Cup team in 2023, before being moved up to the SG Ball Cup squad for this season.

His continued tenure at the club will allow him to learn off the likes of three-time premiership dummy-half Apisai Koroisau, Jake Simpkin and the young and versatile Tallyn Da Silva.

Confirmed by Aria Management Group, Haywood has signed with the Wests Tigers until the end of the 2024 season.

Zero Tackle understands that the contract will allow him to be a member of the Jersey Flegg Cup squad once the current SG Ball Cup season comes to a close.