What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Vic Mackey

Referee
Matts had a good win over the Raiders and will finish the round in 1st place. Theyre a great chance for the title, unfortunately though Onitoni Large missed the game and might be out for a bit.

Ball a chance to jump into the top 4 if they beat the Raiders, which they should and should well.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
WT Pathways - Rd5:

#LisaFiaolaCup
WT 26 CC Roosters 16

#TarshaGaleCup
WT 18 Raiders 12

#AndrewJohnsCup
Macarthur WT 42 Ill SC Dragons 6

#LaurieDaleyCup
Macarthur WT 24 Ill SC Dragons 10

#HMatts
Wests 36 Raiders 12

#SGBall
Wests 20 Raiders 18

• 6 from 6 for the day
—————
A good day.

Tiger Ted

Bench
NBWT
WT Pathways - Rd5:

#LisaFiaolaCup
WT 26 CC Roosters 16

#TarshaGaleCup
WT 18 Raiders 12

#AndrewJohnsCup
Macarthur WT 42 Ill SC Dragons 6

#LaurieDaleyCup
Macarthur WT 24 Ill SC Dragons 10

#HMatts
Wests 36 Raiders 12

#SGBall
Wests 20 Raiders 18

• 6 from 6 for the day
—————
A good day.
Should end up 6 from 8 after Balmain get beat tomorrow

Nutz

Bench
SG BALLSmartSelect_20240305-215906_DuckDuckGo.jpg
I hate this, when are we going to be one club.
The only thing that I can get out of it is treating it like a possible v probable game where the WT heads of sheds can get a look at a lot our young lads on the paddock at one time...like a trial.
I cop heaps about my stance this...not so much on LU but elsewhere.
So who are you cheering on? Magpies...Balmain.
I know some people who can't let go and follow their Magpies KOE and younger Magpie sides and I know some Balmain boys who are jealous and hate it.
I guarantee there's preferences from some of you reading this.
Whilst I don't want people to forget their club roots [I certainly won't get rid of my Balmain memorabilia] this is Wests Tigers, a merged club, one club not two.
We should be killing it in lower grades but no, lets split up the talent.
I'm firm on my stance about this and I won't change!
I am a Wests Tigers supporter.
Unfortunately our club is still fragmented.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I was staunch Balmain.Wests will flog Balmain in both junior rep cup games.My mate who coaches in the Balmain juniors in the equivalent of the sg ball age group was spot on when he told me b4 season kicked off that Balmain would be shithouse this season.

Nutz

Bench
I was staunch Balmain.Wests will flog Balmain in both junior rep cup games.My mate who coaches in the Balmain juniors in the equivalent of the sg ball age group was spot on when he told me b4 season kicked off that Balmain would be shithouse this season.
Ted, thanks for sharing that.
There are heaps of faithful Magpie supporters reading this and are most likely sticking pins into a Nutz doll thinking that I'm just an old Balmain boy crying because magpies have a reserve grade side and I/Balmain don't.... WRONG.
I'm simply pissed that Wests Tigers don't have one...there is a difference. Noone can question my loyalty to WT.
My DNA is Balmain but sadly that club is not in the NRL.
If the scenario was around the other way and Balmain were the reserve grade side etc my stance would be the same.
What it does highlight is Wests are stronger financially and geographically and that it is choking to death one side of the joint venture by name.
If all our teams were the Wests Tigers then no-one has to die. Remember at the time of the merger Balmain was the stronger club, very marketable...let both teams have their dignity while WT stand alone and become a power club in the Macarthur District and the Balmain area.... the way it should be.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hate this, when are we going to be one club.
The only thing that I can get out of it is treating it like a possible v probable game where the WT heads of sheds can get a look at a lot our young lads on the paddock at one time...like a trial.
I cop heaps about my stance this...not so much on LU but elsewhere.
So who are you cheering on? Magpies...Balmain.
I know some people who can't let go and follow their Magpies KOE and younger Magpie sides and I know some Balmain boys who are jealous and hate it.
I guarantee there's preferences from some of you reading this.
Whilst I don't want people to forget their club roots [I certainly won't get rid of my Balmain memorabilia] this is Wests Tigers, a merged club, one club not two.
We should be killing it in lower grades but no, lets split up the talent.
I'm firm on my stance about this and I won't change!
I am a Wests Tigers supporter.
Unfortunately our club is still fragmented.
I look at it the other way, the club has a huge area now and they give more kids opportunities to succeed. Both clubs still exist, so why not.

But other than that, I agree, though I don't think there would to be many Balmain or Wests fans complaining about the JV, it has kept both areas in the premier competition.

Though, I still have a soft spot to see the old "Balmain Tigers" patch and always enjoyed it when we cleaned them up, but never when they did it to us. hahaha

Nutz

Bench
I look at it the other way, the club has a huge area now and they give more kids opportunities to succeed. Both clubs still exist, so why not.

But other than that, I agree, though I don't think there would to be many Balmain or Wests fans complaining about the JV, it has kept both areas in the premier competition.

Though, I still have a soft spot to see the old "Balmain Tigers" patch and always enjoyed it when we cleaned them up, but never when they did it to us. hahaha
Yeh I get that Tm but a strong competition is a good one. Having a strong park footy comp is also good.
Not every kid who plays footy should choose it for a career. I've seen some dreadful players playing game recently in the current structure Maybe they should've stuck to schoolboys and sub-district shield stuff and if your good enough you trial for the WT.
You could argue the fors and against till the cows come home...a bit like having a 2 division NRL relegation system. It has good points and bad.
Talent scouts are everywhere.
My stance is in the branding of the teams and a jersey that has one logo on it, one name and equal share of 3 colours "White, Black and Gold" not predominantly black, that's all.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee

flegg looks weak, however it becoming a bit of a nothing comp now. It seems clubs are holding the good 18/19 year olds back in Ball , then progressing them to nsw cup, Flegg is starting to be a comp for 20/21 year olds who wont ever get past nsw cup deals.

Nutz

Bench
flegg looks weak, however it becoming a bit of a nothing comp now. It seems clubs are holding the good 18/19 year olds back in Ball , then progressing them to nsw cup, Flegg is starting to be a comp for 20/21 year olds who wont ever get past nsw cup deals.
I'd rather watch Flegg, too much kids stuff to watch on NSWRLTV that is frustrating to watch.

Nutz

Bench
As predicted in Harold Matts, the Magpies flogged the Tigers 38-0

SG Ball progress score
Fulltime
Magpies 40 ~ Tigers 10

Callum McMenemy scoring quadruple meat pies, awesome for a centre. Tallyn Da Silva is a standout for both sides and has really put in an effort in the off season...very fit. He Scored a long range try beating Balmain's winger followed by a support play to score under posts.
Navren Willett scored late in first half. He is yet to get NRL fit as he has 7ft skinny legs and nothing else.
Cameron Kanaan continues to impress me. I've watched him a few times now and may have a big future. He has heaps of energy and commitment.
Jordan Miller is huge compared to the rest. Not many runs though and he looks sluggish...not NRL std for a while me think.
Kit not many minutes either.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
As predicted in Harold Matts, the Magpies flogged the Tigers 38-0

SG Ball progress score
30:00
Magpies 10 ~ Tigers 10

Callum McMenemy scoring a double meat pie and Tallyn Da Silva is proving he might be a handy goal kicker in a future NRL side.

Wests Matts should win the comp, even missing Large

I know Ball are coming 4th but a bit under whelming considering how many good players they have

Nutz

Bench
I'd love to watch the game though, a lot of history.

Last edited:

Latest posts