What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

Nutz

Bench
Jordan Miller, 18yo, 6’4” huge lad with an off load, looking forward to see how he develops?
jordan-miller2.jpg

There's similarities between him and Stefano.
He won the Harold Matts Players' Player and Best & Fairest which is rare for a forward.
I'm like you TM in that I haven't seen much of him but I think that will change.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
View attachment 81736

There's similarities between him and Stefano.
He won the Harold Matts Players' Player and Best & Fairest which is rare for a forward.
I'm like you TM in that I haven't seen much of him but I think that will change.

Hope Im wrong but feel Miller will be Matt Groat V2.0. Its hardly surprising that a 6'4 115kg guy stands out against 16/17 year olds. He went ok in Ball yet only managed a few games in Flegg off the bench. Way behind Kit Lauilili and Chris Faagutu who are 18/19 respectively. The Dolphins offered him a big contract so we got spoked into giving him a 3 year NRL deal. Realisctly the guy shouldn't play NRL until 2025

Tigerm

First Grade
Hope Im wrong but feel Miller will be Matt Groat V2.0. Its hardly surprising that a 6'4 115kg guy stands out against 16/17 year olds. He went ok in Ball yet only managed a few games in Flegg off the bench. Way behind Kit Lauilili and Chris Faagutu who are 18/19 respectively. The Dolphins offered him a big contract so we got spoked into giving him a 3 year NRL deal. Realisctly the guy shouldn't play NRL until 2025
Arh, but.....if he fires:)

Though you wouldn't expect anything for at least 3-5 years, before the club knows, would you?

Nutz

Bench
Kit is one that has caught my eye and his build is totally different to that of Miller.
They say a big prop like Miller can take a while to reach his peak. I see him similar to Stefano who is still developing his trade.
I think it's important for players like Miller to be given time to develop.
Kit imo would be good to go in 2025... that's how confident I am about him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kit is one that has caught my eye and his build is totally different to that of Miller.
They say a big prop like Miller can take a while to reach his peak. I see him similar to Stefano who is still developing his trade.
I think it's important for players like Miller to be given time to develop.
Kit imo would be good to go in 2025... that's how confident I am about him.

Miller has a lot of puppy fat, he would get murdered in nsw cup, let alone NRL atm. One thing he does have going for him is he does have a genuine pass in him, so hes not just a bash and barge type.

Agree on Kit, hes really a 13 though and likley our long term one

Tigerm

First Grade
Miller has a lot of puppy fat, he would get murdered in nsw cup, let alone NRL atm. One thing he does have going for him is he does have a genuine pass in him, so hes not just a bash and barge type.

Agree on Kit, hes really a 13 though and likley our long term one
Agree re: he’s gotta have the desire, but turn the fat into muscle plus his size, he could be anything, but not for a while.

Vic Mackey

Referee
One of the most talented up-and-coming players in rugby league, Heath Mason, has decided to remain in Wests Tigers colours for the next two seasons.

great little player, not sure what his position long term is. if he makes first grade would probably be as a utility i.e connor watson/kurt mann. theyll likley play him at fullback in flegg/nsw cup

Tigerm

First Grade
great little player, not sure what his position long term is. if he makes first grade would probably be as a utility i.e connor watson/kurt mann. theyll likley play him at fullback in flegg/nsw cup
It just seems a good news story with a lot of these kids, wanting to stay with the club. There is always options, but good on them.

gordsy

Juniors
So unless he's job is to be out jumping people for bombs then I don't see the big appeal of being 6foot 7 in league.

Tigerm

First Grade
So unless he's job is to be out jumping people for bombs then I don't see the big appeal of being 6foot 7 in league.
He probably would of had a chance to catch some of Brook's passes?

But seriously, I don't know anything about him, I think he plays in he backs, tall, quick wingers are all the rage atm?

Tigerm

First Grade
Faagutu says he usually plays at around 101kg, but NRL preseason with Benji so far has him weighing only 97kg (obviously will put weight back on once fitness side of preseason moves into game prep)

There is a YouTube video that goes with this, but I can’t copy and paste it. It’s on the W T’s site.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Faagutu says he usually plays at around 101kg, but NRL preseason with Benji so far has him weighing only 97kg (obviously will put weight back on once fitness side of preseason moves into game prep)

There is a YouTube video that goes with this, but I can’t copy and paste it. It’s on the W T’s site.
He looks good, sadly ANOTHER middle forward like all our good youngsters however hes a little different and more of the rip and tear impact style. Dont think he'll be in NRL next year but one to watch in 2025.

Tigerm

First Grade

Hopefully a star will come out of this lot.

Last edited:

Latest posts